What advice would you give your younger self?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: What advice would you give your younger self?
(09-01-2014 09:47 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  When buying rabbit for gourmet delishusness, always make sure the carcass has it's head.

Really. Sad

-- Max

At first I was like, dafuq? Sadcryface

Then I thought about all of the rabbit carcasses from my cat that I've picked up off the porch, rarely do they have their heads. Shocking

Maybe I'm just missing out on something grand. Consider

Fuck it, I'm just gonna cook up some bacon and stay happy.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Learn how to invest time that might have otherwise been wasted in your passion.

There are LOTS of "15-minutes" out there. Waiting for this, waiting for that. Pull out your smartphone and jump into that .pdf file you downloaded (you DID download it, didn't you?) about that subject you are driven to learn. Whatever craft, avocation, or vocation you are into, store as much new-to-you information as you can in your phone so you can study, study, study in all those "15-minutes" you get here and there.

Go to Coursera.com and start taking classes. Right now there is an awesome FREE Intro to Databases class that started on Monday, taught by a professor at Stanford. You don't get Stanford credits, but if you pass you get a letter from the professor stating how you scored.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-01-2014, 10:26 PM
"Someday.. you're going to be very different from who you are... whether you believe it or not. Above all else, value what is true instead of what sounds good to you, and be ok and accepting of who you are. Just as important, it's ok that you don't have the answer to everything."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
09-01-2014, 10:51 PM
(08-01-2014 11:42 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Tread cautiously around people who say "Hey you guys!! Watch this!!"

-- Max

...last words of a redeneck! Big Grin
09-01-2014, 11:35 PM
(09-01-2014 09:47 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  When buying rabbit for gourmet delishusness, always make sure the carcass has it's head.

Really. Sad

-- Max

The furry kind or the kind your put on furry areas?

09-01-2014, 11:42 PM
(09-01-2014 11:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

Really. Sad

-- Max

The furry kind or the kind your put on furry areas?

Alas, the former.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
09-01-2014, 11:55 PM
My younger self was a bit... not inclined to listen. All that shit about not drinking and what-not... I got told that. Didn't stop me. Don't see *anyone's* younger self listening to that stuff. Sounds like parental advice. Anyway speaking for myself I only appreciate the lesson after... learning by doing. Sometimes several times for it to sink in... Killed a lot of innocent brain-cells that way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.