What an atheism ride

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
What an atheism ride
Wow. It's only been a couple of months that I've proclaimed atheism. While this proclamation has made me feel great, it has also caused so much confusion (in me)about how to proclaim this to others. Since I do not have (any immediate) family, I do believe that my proclamation is a bit easier than it probably has been for others. I'm with you all.

My own personal struggles recently have been about creating/living a new path. A new journey. It's not all brand new of course. I am still me. I continue to live a life of moral standards and "stepped up" values. Oh but goodness... it's a whole new way of communicating with others.

My son has been estranged from me for 12 yrs. I allowed him to enter a path of Christianity early on that taught him to exclude his mother in the name of "the Lord" . He learned to believe that because his mother sinned and also considered herself a Christian... he could not associate with me anymore. His explanation to me, his mother, was... "if I associate with you while you sin, it will cause me to stray away from the lord." Crushing.

I am a very wonderful woman who loves all of life. My fabulous Christian husband and I own and operate an animal shelter. We deal with all sorts of pains associated with humans hurting voiceless creatures whom are not able to speak for themselves and also for the humans who are less fortunate in society where there is no one else to listen to them while their lives continue to deprive.

My heart hurts. I know that there is no "God" to pray to. I'd prayed for many years and not one answer came to me. I get it now.

Fortunately I do have a universal faith belief system. What we put out there, we get back. I understand Karma. I understand spirituality.

This evening, I'm hurting. For those of you also hurting... we'll be alright soon. Don't allow it to overcome you. Just being here on this forum site with others who have most likely been where we are now... reach out. We're all here for you. With much love... Shan[/size][/font]

Saving just one animal won't change the world... but it will change the world for that one animal.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShanzShack Rescue's post
07-11-2013, 05:30 AM
RE: What an atheism ride
(07-11-2013 02:18 AM)ShanzShack Rescue Wrote:  Fortunately I do have a universal faith belief system. What we put out there, we get back. I understand Karma. I understand spirituality.
No we don't actually.

Spirituality and Karma are both nonsense.
07-11-2013, 07:31 AM
(07-11-2013 05:30 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:18 AM)ShanzShack Rescue Wrote:  Fortunately I do have a universal faith belief system. What we put out there, we get back. I understand Karma. I understand spirituality.
No we don't actually.

Well ain't you a bundle of happiness Dodgy

@Shanz...
Quote:My heart hurts. I know that there is no "God" to pray to. I'd prayed for many years and not one answer came to me. I get it now.

Sorry Sad

Hug

I like to think that hey, at least I'm not deluding myself now. Better to see clearly right ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-11-2013, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 02:13 AM by GirlyMan.)
Welcome Shan and kudos for your rescue effort (except for the cats, they don't need no fucking help). My wife is part of the Beagle Rescue of Southern Maryland. She's been a waystation for over a 100 dogs now. Thumbsup

(07-11-2013 07:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 05:30 AM)Juv Wrote:  No we don't actually.

Well ain't you a bundle of happiness Dodgy

Dude obviously ain't experienced. Never been experienced. ... Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.

(07-11-2013 07:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Better to see clearly right ?

Fucking stupid canine. GROUND YOUR OWN FUCKING GODDAM REFERENCES! Weeping

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-11-2013, 01:59 AM
(07-11-2013 05:30 AM)Juv Wrote:  
No we don't actually.

This is the Personal Issues and Support thread. If you are not going to be supportive please do not post in these threads.
Thank you
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
08-11-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 05:27 AM by GirlyMan.)
(07-11-2013 02:18 AM)ShanzShack Rescue Wrote:  I understand Karma.

Karma, what a bitch. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Hey I feel Karma, I just rationalize it as subconscious deed dealing, seems mystical on the surface, but is perfectly logical when vivisected.
It's the one illogical notion I excuse myself on.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post