What animals has your cat brought home?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 04:52 AM
RE: What animals has your cat brought home?
Mine are indoor cats and every morning we waking up to an assortment of stuffed animals that have been dragged out of my son's room to the foot of our bed

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
14-10-2015, 05:47 AM
My cat lives inside because there are coyotes around that killed two of my cats a few years ago.

Magic wasn't much of a hunter - he had the 'food bowl will be filled so why bother' mentality. But some days I would go to fill the bowl and Murphy would have 'fed me back' by placing a dead mouse in the bowl. Undecided That happened on a fairly regular basis.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-10-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 05:57 AM by Free Thought.)
For much of my life, my family played host to a feral-come-pet cat, and true to her feral upbringing when she was let out in the morning she would hunt; she would sometimes bring her prey back to share with us hopeless humans.
This list included mice, rats, the occasional lizard like skinks, and small bird species like the New Holland Honeyeater
[Image: v2_Phylidonyris_novaehollandiae_2.jpg]

And juvenile Noisy Minors
[Image: 220px-Manorina_melanocephala_AF.jpg]
(not a juvenile)

I wish I could make a more detailed list, but it has been a long time since I've seen her sadly, and much longer since her last hunting expedition. My current cats are strictly indoor cats; partly because we don't want to risk losing them and partly because cats are considered a pest species here thanks to the tendency to kill native fauna, so the government doesn't like outside cats.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-10-2015, 05:55 AM
None. He's an indoor cat. He's mostly into bugs, especially spiders and moths, and delights in snatching moths from the air. He eats them instead of bringing them to us. However, since we got him, we have not had a mouse problem in winter, so I think he's scaring them away.
14-10-2015, 06:44 AM
http://www.livescience.com/34471-cats-dead-animals.html

in other words, learn to hunt.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
14-10-2015, 06:54 AM
We don't currently have a cat -- we have a tribble that has legs.... Pretty worthless animal.... It simply eats, poops and lays about all day.

I once had a cat though that was the weirdest cat ever.

One day it brought home a puppy.... Alive of course - they were playing together..

Fucking cat would hide under stuff - then pounce out - bite your ankle, then haul ass running......

But - we didn't see a single mouse for years. It'd kill and eat them. No leftovers...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-10-2015, 07:57 AM
My previous cats brought squirrels, rabbits, (headless) mice, moles, etc. My family lived in Northeastern Tennessee at the time, so I'm not sure what the exact species were.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2015, 07:57 AM
My two current indoor cats eat every insect that finds its way into the house, and will stalk anything they can when we let them go outside, supervised, on a halter and leash. After work, my husband enjoys reading the paper in the backyard, ostensibly on "cat watch". It's only a matter of time before the kitties catch something, probably a chipmunk; they've had several close calls.

The younger one is a Norwegian Forest cat, not yet fully grown, who will leap up into the surrounding hedges and prowl INSIDE the hedge to catch prey, hence the halter/leash contraption to rein him in. He's kinda clueless now, but he's taking lessons from his foster sister (below)
The other cat is an ornery shorthaired tortie who was attracted by our birdfeeder and decided to adopt us; we had no choice but to take her in because her previous (idiot) owner decided it was ok to let a declawed cat roam around outdoors for days at a time. She's the insect killer/eater.

We kept our now-deceased former cat, an ordinary grey tabby, on a 6-foot halter/lead in the backyard and she still managed to catch birds and mice, even though she was tied up. She once caught a baby rabbit; I learned of her success when I heard the poor thing squeaking for its life.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
14-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Barn cats always leave me remains of some critter or other - not always identifiable. A spare set of organs, a leg now and then......

House cats bring me nothing. But they do like to sit and watch the back yard and make noise as though they'd kill whatever if they could. I think they're lying.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
14-10-2015, 08:37 AM
When I was a kid, we were coming home from vacation and my cat Ralphie, who was not very big, was struggling to drag an adult rabbit up to the house as a "gift" for our return. Our other cat, Ivan, ran and chased Ralphie off, picked up the rabbit, and proudly began dragging his stolen present up to us. The hilarious thing was that the dog then charged Ivan, chased him off, and then proceeded to eat the rabbit in front of everyone. That was one of the biggest "fuck you's" I have ever seen. Other than that, most of the presents were in the form of kidneys, liver, a heart, or feet.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post