What animals has your cat brought home?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 08:53 AM
What animals has your cat brought home?
I live where country meets suburbs. Since there is farm land, we get mice a little more than usual. My cat and the youngest one are very skilled at hunting. In fact, a couple mornings ago, I woke up to a dead mouse next to me. My cat figured I needed breakfast.

We have a three-legged cat who is pure muscle. A while back, he was sitting on the floor minding his business. A mouse walked up, apparently not aware it was inches away from a kitty. This cat slowly stood (he can get up on his two back legs very well) then just... landed on the mouse. He broke the mouse. Not kidding. I could see the broken back and leg. Cat just looked as if to say, "Guess a house wasn't safe after all." I brought the mouse outside and put him out of his misery.

As a kid we had a good hunter that would leave my mom mice on her pillow. Almost on a regular basis. He'd wait because I guess he was proud of how good and helpful he was. She'd thank him, pet him, and then toss the mouse when he wasn't looking. We later got a hamster (he didn't want it). It got loose a few times to go on walkabout in our house. My mom would find the hamster and put it back. Cat saw this and didn't bring her any mice. He figured she could hunt after all.

One cat is literally so nice his vet reports mention how nice he is. He used to make friends with the mice. They'd walk up to him, and he'd gingerly pick them up. I'd have to take the mouse from him.

My dog has caught a couple. I know this is a cat thread but he's smaller than them anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
14-10-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: What animals has your cat brought home?
No cats these past 27 years, my wife is very allergic. The dogs have filled in with the "you look hungry" routine.
We had a pair of watch dogs, Hans and Karl. Karl was a killer. he would get skunks without getting sprayed, and leave them on the porch. Snakes too. Thanks Karl....yeah not so much.
Rocky the Jack Russell would bring in opossum, mole, rat, and one time a baby bunny. We told him the bunnies were off limits and he formed an agreement with them. he'd give about 3 steps of half hearted pursuit, then stop. Bunny would stop and go back to eating.
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/...lam002.jpg

The new dogs:
Katy is a lover not a killer. she sounds like she is possessed, but in the end only bites gently.
Russ is a hunter. He brings in moles, and very carefully lays them at my feet and sits down. He also hunts things on the TV
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqsfisn7yispt8...7.mp4?dl=0
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
14-10-2015, 11:22 AM
(14-10-2015 11:12 AM)skyking Wrote:  Rocky the Jack Russell would bring in...

My JRTs were like that. Give you one chance. My dog now is a JRT-Chihuahua (a jack-chi) do he's got that small game dog in him. Though my cats are the real hunters.
14-10-2015, 11:23 AM
(14-10-2015 11:12 AM)skyking Wrote:  No cats these past 27 years, my wife is very allergic. The dogs have filled in with the "you look hungry" routine.
We had a pair of watch dogs, Hans and Karl. Karl was a killer. he would get skunks without getting sprayed, and leave them on the porch. Snakes too. Thanks Karl....yeah not so much.
Rocky the Jack Russell would bring in opossum, mole, rat, and one time a baby bunny. We told him the bunnies were off limits and he formed an agreement with them. he'd give about 3 steps of half hearted pursuit, then stop. Bunny would stop and go back to eating.
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/...lam002.jpg

The new dogs:
Katy is a lover not a killer. she sounds like she is possessed, but in the end only bites gently.
Russ is a hunter. He brings in moles, and very carefully lays them at my feet and sits down. He also hunts things on the TV
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqsfisn7yispt8...7.mp4?dl=0

We call my pittie the Great Grey Hunter. He'll be laying on the back porch, seemingly sound asleep, and he'll suddenly burst into action and run around the garage. Shortly thereafter, there is usually an offering to Master in the form of a dead rodent of some sort. I used to have a mole problem... Not so much anymore. The only creature that comes into our yard is a pesky squirrel that always just gets away and then sits on the top of the garage chirping at him.

My rottie is just too fat and lazy to chase anything except a red laser pointer.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister