Poll: Mr Woof
This poll is closed.
Wobbly trolleys 100.00% 3 100.00%
Some check out chicks 0% 0 0%
Total 3 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What annoys you most at the Supermarket?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: What annoys you most at the Supermarket?
As a child there used to be this store in our home town named Sack and Save. Every time we went, I swear we had the same kart with clanging wheel on it. 'clang clang clang clang' Sheesh. -.- Oh yeah, I have an other to.
7: People who deliberately smear bacteria and unwashed hands all over the raspberries and produce that are hard to wash.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Having to actually PAY for food. Weeping
Actually THE most annoying thing is people who think if they "crowd" you, and stand there, breathing down your neck, watching you either use your card, or write a check, (well not any more), that it somehow gets them through the line, fucking faster. Why not just be respectful, and WAIT YOUR FUCKING turn ? If someone actually does crowd me, as I put in my pin or whatever, I turn around and ask them what their problem is, and why they can't wait their turn. I make a scene. Then there are, (in our neighborhood), all the snooty beatches who think they are hot shit, cuz they have a few bucks. I always make a point to greet older people, and people who look like they couldn't possibly actually live in our neighborhood. But I always run into people I know so it's always a gab fest, especially the kids, and their families, from my Saturday book, (reading), group, or the team I coach.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-02-2013, 09:34 PM
(05-02-2013 09:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Having to actually PAY for food. Weeping
Actually THE most annoying thing is people who think if they "crowd" you, and stand there, breathing down your neck, watching you either use your card, or write a check, (well not any more), that it somehow gets them through the line, fucking faster. Why not just be respectful, and WAIT YOUR FUCKING turn ? If someone actually does crowd me, as I put in my pin or whatever, I turn around and ask them what their problem is, and why they can't wait their turn. I make a scene. Then there are, (in our neighborhood), all the snooty beatches who think they are hot shit, cuz they have a few bucks. I always make a point to greet older people, and people who look like they couldn't possibly actually live in our neighborhood.

Oh, yeah, people writing fucking checks. CHECKS? REALLY?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 10:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-02-2013 09:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 09:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Having to actually PAY for food.
Actually THE most annoying thing is people who think if they "crowd" you, and stand there, breathing down your neck, watching you either use your card, or write a check, (well not any more), that it somehow gets them through the line, fucking faster. Why not just be respectful, and WAIT YOUR FUCKING turn ? If someone actually does crowd me, as I put in my pin or whatever, I turn around and ask them what their problem is, and why they can't wait their turn. I make a scene. Then there are, (in our neighborhood), all the snooty beatches who think they are hot shit, cuz they have a few bucks. I always make a point to greet older people, and people who look like they couldn't possibly actually live in our neighborhood.

Oh, yeah, people writing fucking checks. CHECKS? REALLY?
Well a lot of older people still do, but why the hell do they wait to even get the fucking checkbook out, or even START looking for it in their damn bags, until AFTER they get their bills ? Censored

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-02-2013, 02:10 AM
1) The fact that E Coli and traces of human feces have been found on the cart (trolley) handles.

2) When they don't have a favorite product for weeks. There's just a big empty space on the shelf and every day I go in, I look at it, and I think "Hmm...really wish my shit was here". Then when I come back the next time, I see that they've put 3 cans of whatever I'm looking for on the shelf. So I'm happy that they've got my shit, but I can't help but be irritated by the film of dust that's collected atop those 3 cans; indicating that they've had them sitting around the storage room for all those weeks instead of putting them out where I can fucking get to them. Gawd!

3) Self-checkout lanes. Especially when I've got too many things to fit on the scale. After you scan it, you've gotta put it on the scale so the machine can weigh it and determine that you're not stealing anything. The only problem is that the scale is about 2-feet x 2-feet, and I can't fit all of my shit on it. So I end up stacking things on top of other things and of course they're all in bags, so they're spilling out everywhere and I can't keep them all in one spot.

4) When all of that happens and it freaks the machine out, so the automated female voice comes on and says "Please wait for an attendant". Then I can't scan anything until the attendant walks over and pushes a few magic buttons so the thing will let me scan the rest of my items.

5) When I decide to skip the self-checkout altogether and go to a regular checkout isle...where the cashier is red-nosed and coughing all over my items while she scans them.

6) No, I don't want my fucking milk in a bag. That's absurd. Stop asking.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
06-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Self service checkouts. For a couple of reasons Mis has listed above but more for the fact that one day ALL checkouts will be self service.

Thank you large corporations for doing this... for putting people out of work so you can make more profit.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
06-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Son, you do not want me to get started on supermarkets.
You people think I rant enough as it is.. just wait till I start on supermarkets.
It is the second most rage enducing thing ever.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Consider

Supermarkets... Is that where poor people go for provisions?

If you don't like going, why don't you send your servants?

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-02-2013, 04:35 AM
(06-02-2013 04:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

Supermarkets... Is that where poor people go for provisions?

If you don't like going, why don't you send your servants?

Thumbsup

Or just do an online order. Going to the supermarket is a thing of the past, unless you really want to. Don't they have online order and delivery everywhere now ?
I really don't mind it, but I would NEVER go during daytime hours. Here they are open 24 hours, and you can go at night, in peace.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-02-2013, 08:41 AM
8. Four whole frickin aisles (plus half of of each regular aisle) devoted to "snacks" - ie food of high price and low nutritional value.

9. Lunch packs consisting four saltines, four tiny slices of salty meat-like-stuff, four tiny slices of salty cheese-like stuff and a whole lot of plastic. For children. At insanely inflated prices.
9.1 And the mothers who actually buy that crap! For their children!

10. plastic bottles of water, singly or by the case.

11. Everything worth having is way far in the back, behind everything not worth buying

12. Rolls of arthritic-hands-proof plastic bags for the produce.

13. Painted flowers. Dead potted plants. Tabloids. Gum. And other junk i have to stare at while waiting for the checkout. (Luckily, there is sometimes an old lady ahead of me in line with whom to exchange pleasantries. Failing that, i'll take a baby to frighten.)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.