What are Atheists doing Sunday mornings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2011, 08:58 PM

RE: What are Atheists doing Sunday mornings?
Going for a six mile run! [/font]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Homunculus's post
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Sleep until 4 o'clock in afternoon

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Depends on the Sunday. Some I'm at work. I'd much rather make money on a Sunday than give away my money. Than others, I'm sleeping.
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM

(10-09-2011 08:23 PM)TheSometimesCynicalWriter Wrote:  Depends on the Sunday. Some I'm at work. I'd much rather make money on a Sunday than give away my money. Than others, I'm sleeping.

Searching the Atheist Forum, trying to find an atheist awake or not in church!

Big Grin
11-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Today I am spending my Sunday being irritated by stupid Facebook status'. First it's 9/11 so there's All the lovely praise gods for that which is sort of ironic isn't it? And then there was this kid that went missing a good ways from where I live so I have been buried in all the lovely Facebook prayers for the last three days, the kicker is he was found this morning not by god but by people who stopped praying and started fucking searching for him. But all I see are " truly a miracle praise god" status updates. I want to blow my brains out because clearly in this world they are unnecessary.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Just finished building a wall in my basement. Football starts at 3!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
(11-09-2011 11:05 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Today I am spending my Sunday being irritated by stupid Facebook status'. First it's 9/11 so there's All the lovely praise gods for that which is sort of ironic isn't it? And then there was this kid that went missing a good ways from where I live so I have been buried in all the lovely Facebook prayers for the last three days, the kicker is he was found this morning not by god but by people who stopped praying and started fucking searching for him. But all I see are " truly a miracle praise god" status updates. I want to blow my brains out because clearly in this world they are unnecessary.

I feel the same way. I live closer and spent the day yesterday looking for him with my family in the foot hills. God did not magically put him back home, the abductor brought him back and then left and he is still loose in society. I am thankful this boy is home, but there are some people to thank for helping- the media, the RCMP, technology- and others to ask questions.
11-09-2011, 11:00 PM
(11-09-2011 11:05 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Today I am spending my Sunday being irritated by stupid Facebook status'. First it's 9/11 so there's All the lovely praise gods for that which is sort of ironic isn't it? And then there was this kid that went missing a good ways from where I live so I have been buried in all the lovely Facebook prayers for the last three days, the kicker is he was found this morning not by god but by people who stopped praying and started fucking searching for him. But all I see are " truly a miracle praise god" status updates. I want to blow my brains out because clearly in this world they are unnecessary.

Hmmm... perhaps you have highly religious friends, I've only got 2 mentions of god in mine and only one of them related to 9/11. You can block status updates from friends though. Perhaps create a group of people who tend to post religious junk and then block their status updates. That way they wouldn't bug you, but you could still keep in touch by visiting their page.

Better without God, and happier too.
11-09-2011, 11:17 PM
On Sunday morning, I am usually sleeping in late because that seems to be a better way to spend my sunday morning than wasting it by going to Church.
13-09-2011, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 12:52 AM by Russell G..)
"Lovin' you sunday mornin', you're on my mind love, every day.. ooh-ah; A good coffee with some O'Mara's, some bacon on the Traeger. Football, the NFL, no disrespect to soocer/futbol, rugby or sevens, or AUS rules football. I'm with you Lads. but still a Yank! The yard might need a mow, or the garage a putterin'. Might be at the beach house. Might get called in for a work issue. What is FUCKING NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IS THAT I WILL BOW DOWN TO A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION.

(05-09-2011 08:58 PM)Homunculus Wrote:  Going for a six mile run! [/font]
Shipmate, good on ya, run one for me, my ass is tired...
FTC(SS) Ret.

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!