RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
[Image: tumblr_ncu4q6D8Dz1setwdzo1_500.gif]

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Underground I would like to personally thank you for such profound participation in this thread, and all the valuable information you've seen fit to add Smile And then calling ME a troll Smile

But... THAT TOO was YOUR choice wasn't it Wink

So when do YOU NOT have a choice? How do your choices NOT define you?

But also... and more importantly to the topic, did the feeling to spam result from your post, or was your post the result of a feeling? Smile

Thank you Smile
01-11-2014, 10:27 AM
(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Thank you pee..

You are welcome, however the foreshortening of my handle indicates a familiarity for which there is no recourse. Please refrain from doing so in future.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Can you provide a scientific study that states plainly that our feelings and emotions are the result of a chemical reaction and not the cause of the chemical reaction?

As I initially posted, my education is not of such a level and there are (And having read through the thread) and have been others of the qualification who have posted.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'v provided 2 articles stating it is entirely theoretical, and then 2 studies which state the chemical reactions were a result of the feeling.

That's wonderful. I might actually be able to understand them, though I slightly doubt it.

However, as has been previously mentioned, others disagree with your position and statements. Not only that, your initial question is to ask for my opinion, which I have given.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Thank you Smile

You are most welcome.

Much cheers to all.
01-11-2014, 10:31 AM
(01-11-2014 10:27 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Thank you pee..

You are welcome, however the foreshortening of my handle indicates a familiarity for which there is no recourse. Please refrain from doing so in future.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Can you provide a scientific study that states plainly that our feelings and emotions are the result of a chemical reaction and not the cause of the chemical reaction?

As I initially posted, my education is not of such a level and there are (And having read through the thread) and have been others of the qualification who have posted.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'v provided 2 articles stating it is entirely theoretical, and then 2 studies which state the chemical reactions were a result of the feeling.

That's wonderful. I might actually be able to understand them, though I slightly doubt it.

However, as has been previously mentioned, others disagree with your position and statements. Not only that, your initial question is to ask for my opinion, which I have given.

(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Thank you Smile

You are most welcome.

Much cheers to all.

No harm intended... and yes some of them do disagree, however they've not been able to provide a source. I have provided 4. And most of the world disagrees with these few with no source.

I would refer you to the articles Iv posted that refer to the voles and the photograph studies. They both indicate without question that the feelings produced the chemical reaction. You can find all 4 links together in Angela Merkels last post where she tried to say those were HER sources and not acknowledging that they were provided by ME. Smile
01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
(01-11-2014 10:31 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No harm intended... and yes some of them do disagree, however they've not been able to provide a source. I have provided 4. And most of the world disagrees with these few with no source.

I would refer you to the articles I'v posted that refer to the voles and the photograph studies. They both indicate without question that the feelings produced the chemical reaction. You can find all 4 links together in Angela Merkels last post where she tried to say those were HER sources and not acknowledging that they were provided by ME. Smile

Leaving aside who is claiming what in regards to initial posting of linked sources orders..... Or orders of linking of sources.... Or use/propriety of linked sources

Can you, perchance, explain to myself HOW the feelings produced the chemical reactions?

Much cheers to all.
01-11-2014, 10:37 AM
(01-11-2014 10:08 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Angela merkel... provide quotes from MY SOURCES that you say you provide, AFTER I ALREADY PROVIDED THEM, showing they back you... you KNOW the quotes back me, showing that either you simply don't know, or youre entirely wrong and the feeling produces the chemical reactions. I ALREADY provided the quotes form them proving my point right here in this thread... where are the quotes then from those articles you say back you... post them here for everyone to read. Smile

1/10 Must try harder.

Your baiting skills are failing you. I chose the references I did to back up everything I said in this thread. I am not going to repeat myself. Re-read the thread. Ignoring what people say so that you can repeat yourself is a typical troll tactic.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
01-11-2014, 10:38 AM
(01-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Iv provided 2 articles stating it is entirely theoretical, and then 2 studies which state the chemical reactions were a result of the feeling.

No you haven't.
01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
(01-11-2014 10:31 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I would refer you to the articles Iv posted that refer to the voles and the photograph studies. They both indicate without question that the feelings produced the chemical reaction.

No they don't.

(01-11-2014 10:31 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You can find all 4 links together in Angela Merkels last post where she tried to say those were HER sources and not acknowledging that they were provided by ME. Smile

Oddgamer posted them, not me. The point he was trying to make was that your sources do not say what you think they say.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid675924
01-11-2014, 10:43 AM
(01-11-2014 10:36 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:31 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No harm intended... and yes some of them do disagree, however they've not been able to provide a source. I have provided 4. And most of the world disagrees with these few with no source.

I would refer you to the articles I'v posted that refer to the voles and the photograph studies. They both indicate without question that the feelings produced the chemical reaction. You can find all 4 links together in Angela Merkels last post where she tried to say those were HER sources and not acknowledging that they were provided by ME. Smile

Leaving aside who is claiming what in regards to initial posting of linked sources orders..... Or orders of linking of sources.... Or use/propriety of linked sources

Can you, perchance, explain to myself HOW the feelings produced the chemical reactions?

Much cheers to all.

In the voles it was the act of mating, preceded by the "urge" or "desire" or "feeling" to mate, that then went on to produce a 50 percent increase in the female's dopamine levels within the brain... as a "reward system". It's very clear.

The photo study was even more revealing. While brains were monitored, over a period of hours, groups were given pictures and allowed to look at them for several minutes. The FEELINGS produced by pictures of lovers then caused the chemical/electrical reactions. They specifically use the word "cause". It is very clear.
01-11-2014, 10:49 AM
(01-11-2014 10:43 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  In the voles it was the act of mating, preceded by the "urge" or "desire" or "feeling" to mate, that then went on to produce a 50 percent increase in the female's dopamine levels within the brain... as a "reward system". It's very clear.

So... something physical... caused something physical? Or have I missed something in regards to the Voles or the topic at large? Consider

(01-11-2014 10:43 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  The photo study was even more revealing. While brains were monitored, over a period of hours, groups were given pictures and allowed to look at them for several minutes. The FEELINGS produced by pictures of lovers then caused the chemical/electrical reactions. They specifically use the word "cause". It is very clear.

Yes... you've said "The feelings produced by the pictures" twice now.

My question to you is/was "HOW did the pictures produce those feelings?" What was the picture's mechanism?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post