What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(01-11-2014 11:22 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I don't claim to know "HOW", Iv only gone to prove that it did.

Right... So if you've proven how... then can you not explain your proof? :-k

(01-11-2014 11:22 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You have to deal with the fact that the study itself, in the very quote I provided for you, says plainly that the pics WERE THE CAUSE of the chemical reaction. You can ask them "how".

Um.. no, I do not. You've asked me for my opinion, which I've honestly and thoughtfully provided.

So... other than that...? *Shrug*

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
(01-11-2014 11:29 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, that's what has been said of this case.

Taking in sensation(the viewing of the pictures) activates chemical reactions in the brain.

ONLY with the pics of the lovers... the others produced nothing. Yes there is a feeling associated with most lovers, in case you might not be aware Smile

Its right there in black and white. It is scientific finding... observance. The pics only of the lovers produced these reactions.

So no one has anything credible to debunk this source?

No?

Debunk WHAT? you're not saying anything.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-11-2014, 11:33 AM
(01-11-2014 11:29 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ONLY with the pics of the lovers... the others produced nothing. Yes there is a feeling associated with most lovers, in case you might not be aware Smile

Its right there in black and white. It is scientific finding... observance. The pics only of the lovers produced these reactions.

No?

Wait...? Consider

Are you thence saying that images of lovers... produces feeling of love... in lovers... ? Blink

Or is there something else you've posted that I've missed?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 12:54 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(01-11-2014 11:29 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, that's what has been said of this case.

Taking in sensation(the viewing of the pictures) activates chemical reactions in the brain.

ONLY with the pics of the lovers... the others produced nothing. Yes there is a feeling associated with most lovers, in case you might not be aware Smile

No?

Debunked multiple times, you just ignored it.

Why are you even still here? I closed down your "final thread" yesterday, yet you don't seem to want to leave.

You're not fooling anybody with your intentions here.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
01-11-2014, 04:23 PM
(01-11-2014 11:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:24 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Underground I would like to personally thank you for such profound participation in this thread, and all the valuable information you've seen fit to add Smile And then calling ME a troll Smile

But... THAT TOO was YOUR choice wasn't it Wink

So when do YOU NOT have a choice? How do your choices NOT define you?

But also... and more importantly to the topic, did the feeling to spam result from your post, or was your post the result of a feeling? Smile

Thank you Smile

You do realize that your participation in the thread has been less than my participation in that single post?

I've explained what defines a person and that it is not merely his choices. But hey, what a surprise, you ignored that too.

You've yet provided any situation at all where one does not have a choice to make. Everything we DO is BY OUR OWN CHOICE. Feel free to lay out your situation, it will not be ignored I assure you Smile
01-11-2014, 04:28 PM
(01-11-2014 11:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:14 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  The photos were therefore the cause of the chemical reaction... period.

Yes, that's what has been said of this case.

BECAUSE the picture invoked an emotion... you should read the article Wink

You should ALSO stop giving your own opinion, which means exactly shit... and bring a credible source. Why do you not have one in over 12 pages? You cannot debunk 3 scientific studies and 2 articles saying youre wrong based on your opinion plus NOTHING Smile

Where is your source? Are we going 50 pages without ANY of you able to provide a few quoted that actually back you?

Get off the 6 yr old games, get off your high horse thinking your opinion outweighs 4 articles, 3 studies, and 90 percent of the world... youre not that smart. Get some quotes or quit playing games, trolling and spamming Smile
01-11-2014, 04:29 PM
If you have decided.. you are are going to change the topic and discuss it without ignoring posts: Maybe I'll leave some links that you can parse and understand fully. I'm not going to say I agree with all this on every angel, but it's exploratory data.

http://www.informationphilosopher.com/fr...ments.html

http://archive.wired.com/science/discove...d_decision

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-11-2014, 04:29 PM
(01-11-2014 10:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:50 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  The chemical reactions did not occur until AFTER the feeling.

Wrong.

You don't even try explaining why a feeling would cause a 'chemical reaction'. Even the use of the phrase 'chemical reaction' shows that you don't understand what is going on. Neurochemicals are being released by neurons.

Why would a feeling release neurochemicals? What is the purpose of the dopamine?

Your understanding is flawed and lacks explanatory power.

LMAO of course neurochemicals don't experience chemical reactions within the brain... hilarious... and from such a credible source Tongue
01-11-2014, 04:32 PM
(01-11-2014 04:29 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Wrong.

You don't even try explaining why a feeling would cause a 'chemical reaction'. Even the use of the phrase 'chemical reaction' shows that you don't understand what is going on. Neurochemicals are being released by neurons.

Why would a feeling release neurochemicals? What is the purpose of the dopamine?

Your understanding is flawed and lacks explanatory power.

LMAO of course neurochemicals don't experience chemical reactions within the brain... hilarious... and from such a credible source Tongue

That's... not at all what Mathilda said.

Are you intentionally misreading what is said, or do you lack reading comprehension?
[+] 3 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
01-11-2014, 04:33 PM
(01-11-2014 11:08 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:02 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I DID tell you... they were pictures of lovers which provoked the immediate response. The pics of the other people shown them produced nothing... the emotion or feeling of the pics of the lovers were what caused the reactions... none others. You don't "feel" anything when looking at pics of someone youre infatuated with? These people did and I imagine you would too Wink

What do you think people's disagreements with your take on this even are? You act like you're wining some argument by the fact that the people they love gave a response opposed to people they don't love.

In no place in your article does it say chemical reactions happened AFTER. Feelings you feel from the picture response are the same as chemical reactions, they are one in the same.

uhhh yes it does.. you evidently didn't read it. I guess you look at a pic of your nekkid lover and experience nothing instantaneously, thereby releasing chemicals into the body... but most of the world does so sorry bout your luck Wink

bring me ONE credible source backing your opinion... just one. You guys evidently have a HUGE problem with 2 things

1) You aren't comprehending what youre reading

2) You think bullshit opinion passes for a credible source Smile

lets see whatcha got Smile