What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(02-11-2014 02:16 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, there is a series of taking place to transmit the sensation to the brain, chemical reactions in the brain to translate the nerve impulses into pain, another cascade of electro-chemical reactions to signal the muscle contractions to jerk the hand away.

It is not instantaneous.

No of course, we leave the hand there for 10 minutes until we realize it was hot, instead of immediately jerking away from the stove. Wink
My reflexes aren't that dull and slow.

So it's just your mind that is? Drinking Beverage

So we can add "Time" to the list of things you don't know fuck all about. Which Brings the grand total to ...everything. Huzzah. Nuance is a totally unknown concept to you huh?

This forum deserves a better class of theist.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
03-11-2014, 03:59 AM
(03-11-2014 01:45 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:16 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No of course, we leave the hand there for 10 minutes until we realize it was hot, instead of immediately jerking away from the stove. Wink

So it's just your mind that is? Drinking Beverage

So we can add "Time" to the list of things you don't know fuck all about. Which Brings the grand total to ...everything. Huzzah. Nuance is a totally unknown concept to you huh?

This forum deserves a better class of theist.

I know nothing about time? I wager I can match you any day Wink

1) Do you subscribe to the current standard model of the universe?

2) Did everything that exists, originate only from that which was within the singularity?

3) Before the event of the sudden expansion of the singularity, we are told that supergravity held together this ball of matter and energy, in a super-condensed stated, and that it could have been the size of a baseball or a basketball... Do you agree or disagree with this?

http://www.7duniverse.com/Hawking3/HF-45429.htm
Quote:Still there is nothing to stop us from imagining what would happen if we could stand beside a singularity (contains NOTHING) with an event horizon surface the size of a basketball (defines EVERYTHING) from our frame. Such a sphere in geometry is called a throat, or gorge sphere.
03-11-2014, 04:00 AM
(02-11-2014 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:16 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No of course, we leave the hand there for 10 minutes until we realize it was hot, instead of immediately jerking away from the stove. Wink

You clearly did not understand what I wrote. It takes a non-zero amount of time for the signals from the sensory nerves to propagate to the brain,
get processed, and signals to the motor nerves to get to the muscles. It is all chemical and not instantaneous.

Ahh so now youre saying the chemical reaction occurs either before or exactly at the same instant the burn occurs?
03-11-2014, 04:03 AM
(02-11-2014 02:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Oh, wow.

Are you even trying?

"Not instantaneous" does not equal "10 minutes". You clearly don't give a fuck about honesty, do you?
It looks to me like I am only one of the few here that IS interested in the truth and not atheist propaganda. You cant provide a single study to say the debate is over... And the evidence weighs in my direction more than yours. Get over it Tongue
03-11-2014, 04:04 AM
(02-11-2014 03:42 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  When I feel my penis I get emotional. You can't explain that.

And didn't a "desire" cause you to touch your penis in the first place? Smile
03-11-2014, 04:05 AM
(03-11-2014 04:03 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  It looks to me like I am only one of the few here that IS interested in the truth and not atheist propaganda. You cant provide a single study to say the debate is over... And the evidence weighs in my direction more than yours. Get over it Tongue

03-11-2014, 04:11 AM
Gee mathilda, its just like you not to have any actual quotes from an actual study... and just another link or video... you cant talk for yourself ??? I have no problem providing sources and quotes for ALL of you individually... WTF is your problem with NEVER being able to provide sources and quotes to one man? lmao
03-11-2014, 04:32 AM
It's quite funny really, I'm sure he's laughing his ass off, thinking that he's annoying us.

If he only knew that no one in here gives a flying fuck about him and that he is our entertainment Drinking Beverage

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
03-11-2014, 04:42 AM
(03-11-2014 04:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  It's quite funny really, I'm sure he's laughing his ass off, thinking that he's annoying us.

If he only knew that no one in here gives a flying fuck about him and that he is our entertainment Drinking Beverage

Yeah I was really enjoying myself yesterday winding him up. In fact he's the inspiration for another thread I want to start.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-11-2014, 05:11 AM
(03-11-2014 04:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  It's quite funny really, I'm sure he's laughing his ass off, thinking that he's annoying us.

No im laughing my ass off at the arrogance to act like mathilda knows anything about the subject... when every article that makes any statement at all about it states the debate rages on, as she states otherwise...

I guess she thinks she knows better with her zero quotes than every credible work on the subject and every doctor doing the work, who ALL admit the jury is still out Wink