What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 05:13 AM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(03-11-2014 04:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  It's quite funny really, I'm sure he's laughing his ass off, thinking that he's annoying us.

If he only knew that no one in here gives a flying fuck about him and that he is our entertainment Drinking Beverage

Yeah I was really enjoying myself yesterday winding him up. In fact he's the inspiration for another thread I want to start.

How about me and you 1 on 1

I take genesis 1, theorizing "God created"

YOU take the big bang and string

The debate is WHICH has been most tested in a scientific way, which fared better in the testing, and which then is the superior theory...

now let me watch while you resort to ad hom again while you try not to lose face for turning me down because you simply don't have what it takes.. Wink

You would be utterly trampled
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 05:26 AM
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  How about me and you 1 on 1

The debate is WHICH has been most tested in a scientific way, which fared better in the testing, and which then is the superior theory...

now let me watch while you resort to ad hom again while you try not to lose face for turning me down because you simply don't have what it takes.. Wink

There is plenty of evidence now that you:
  • Are unable to understand the papers you cite
  • Don't read any evidence that is presented to you but demand that people quote it
  • Ignore quotes given to you
  • Whatever the papers say you pretend they support you even though you don't read them
  • Later pretend no evidence was actually presented
  • Lie for Jesus
  • Keep repeating yourself regardless of what anyone says
  • Try to force the direction of the debate by repeatedly asking the same irrelevant question
  • Think that you win regardless of what happens

[Image: 1911887_472121082913705_1194146690_n1.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
03-11-2014, 06:03 AM
(03-11-2014 05:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  How about me and you 1 on 1

There is plenty of evidence now that you:
  • Are unable to understand the papers you cite
  • Don't read any evidence that is presented to you but demand that people quote it
  • Ignore quotes given to you
  • Whatever the papers say you pretend they support you even though you don't read them
  • Later pretend no evidence was actually presented
  • Lie for Jesus
  • Keep repeating yourself regardless of what anyone says
  • Try to force the direction of the debate by repeatedly asking the same irrelevant question
  • Think that you win regardless of what happens

I damn sure called that right:
Quote:now let me watch while you resort to ad hom again while you try not to lose face for turning me down because you simply don't have what it takes.. Wink
03-11-2014, 06:10 AM
(03-11-2014 06:03 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I damn sure called that right:

My area of expertise is on emotions and intelligence, not string theory. I am not a physicist. Unlike you I do not suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect and think that I am an expert in everything.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
03-11-2014, 06:46 AM
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I take genesis 1, theorizing "God created"

Wait.. wait wait wait... is this guy trying to claim that the Genesis account of creation has more scientific substantiation then the Big Bang Theory?

I haven't read most of the thread because he's a low quality theist, even by that extremely low standard, but he can't really be arguing that serious scientists give a single passing fuck in the direction of Genesis..can he?

Wow. Just...wow.Facepalm

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
03-11-2014, 06:50 AM
(03-11-2014 06:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My area of expertise is on emotions and intelligence, not string theory. I am not a physicist. Unlike you I do not suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect and think that I am an expert in everything.

Are there any physicists on this forum? I haven't noticed any yet. It would be a quite good addition to the forum, not to mention astrophysicists. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
(03-11-2014 06:50 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  ...
Are there any physicists on this forum? I haven't noticed any yet.

cjlr

At least, he claims to be.

We have our doubts. But he uses long words so who knows?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-11-2014, 07:29 AM
(03-11-2014 04:00 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  You clearly did not understand what I wrote. It takes a non-zero amount of time for the signals from the sensory nerves to propagate to the brain,
get processed, and signals to the motor nerves to get to the muscles. It is all chemical and not instantaneous.

Ahh so now youre saying the chemical reaction occurs either before or exactly at the same instant the burn occurs?

No, how did you get that? Re-read what I wrote and use your brain this time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I take genesis 1, theorizing "God created"

That you apparently don't even know the difference between string theory and the big bang is more than sufficient indicator of how that, ah, "debate" would go.
(as if the rest of your failtacular trollercoaster weren't indicative enough, mind)

And hence any attempt to discuss things with you would be utterly pointless. It is not worth Mathilda's time, it is not worth my time, and it is not worth anybody's time.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-11-2014, 08:24 AM
(03-11-2014 06:50 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 06:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My area of expertise is on emotions and intelligence, not string theory. I am not a physicist. Unlike you I do not suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect and think that I am an expert in everything.

Are there any physicists on this forum? I haven't noticed any yet. It would be a quite good addition to the forum, not to mention astrophysicists. Big Grin

You're new around here, so I'll forgive you for not knowing me.
Tongue

... this is my signature!