What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(31-10-2014 06:05 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'm interested in you opinions regarding "feelings" and "emotion". What are they and why do we experience them? What makes someone jump with fear, or embrace with love, or strike with hatred?

They labels we give to our subjective experiences we get from them. We experience them with our brain. Hard-wired instinctual responses is why we jump when startled or have similar reactions.

Not everyone strikes with hatred. Most of us are pretty good about keeping things non-violent when we don't like someone/something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 08:38 AM
(03-11-2014 06:46 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I take genesis 1, theorizing "God created"

Wait.. wait wait wait... is this guy trying to claim that the Genesis account of creation has more scientific substantiation then the Big Bang Theory?

I haven't read most of the thread because he's a low quality theist, even by that extremely low standard, but he can't really be arguing that serious scientists give a single passing fuck in the direction of Genesis..can he?

Wow. Just...wow.Facepalm

If you don't have the balls to debate me on the subject you should shaddup and grow some...
04-11-2014, 08:39 AM
(03-11-2014 08:28 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 05:13 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  How about me and you 1 on 1

I take genesis 1, theorizing "God created"

YOU take the big bang and string

Do you support the idea that the earth is only about 6000 years old? Because if you want I'll demolish you on that one.

Are you a moron?

Shaddup if you don't have the guts for a 1 on 1.

04-11-2014, 08:41 AM
(03-11-2014 08:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 08:28 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Do you support the idea that the earth is only about 6000 years old? Because if you want I'll demolish you on that one.

Careful, he might start demanding that you provide historical data on Alexander the Great!

There is another talker with no balls... only Iv caught you in more bullshit than field flies. You have nothing of significance to say and only demonstrate youre only able to back yourself with whatever you can pull from your ass.
04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
(04-11-2014 08:39 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 08:28 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Do you support the idea that the earth is only about 6000 years old? Because if you want I'll demolish you on that one.

Are you a moron?

And yet you are actively avoiding answering the fucking question. Do you believe the Earth is only about 6000 years old?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-11-2014, 09:18 AM
(04-11-2014 09:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 08:39 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Are you a moron?

And yet you are actively avoiding answering the fucking question. Do you believe the Earth is only about 6000 years old?

Grow some balls, take me up on the one on one and youll see just exactly what I believe.
Until you grow balls though, youre not worth my time.

I don't see ANYONE willing to take the big bang/ string, while I take "God created"... whats wrong?

I KNOW why mathilda doesn't... shes been caught pulling shit out of her ass in every post shes posted... but everyone else?

Heres your chance to destroy the idiot Christians publicly yet youre all backing out.

All mouth and nothing to back it I guess... your big talking rhetoric with no ass to back it makes me sick. .. pathetic displays,... cowards
04-11-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 09:24 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(04-11-2014 08:38 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 06:46 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Wait.. wait wait wait... is this guy trying to claim that the Genesis account of creation has more scientific substantiation then the Big Bang Theory?

I haven't read most of the thread because he's a low quality theist, even by that extremely low standard, but he can't really be arguing that serious scientists give a single passing fuck in the direction of Genesis..can he?

Wow. Just...wow.Facepalm

If you don't have the balls to debate me on the subject you should shaddup and grow some...
Ya...there is no debate. I'm sure you would like there to be a debate but Genesis is accepted by every single reputable scientist and nearly every reputable biblical scholar secular and religious as being a work of complete fiction, of allegory at best. This is not open for debate at all. It's a made up story, get over it.

Don't confuse my complete disinterest in debating you as "a lack of balls" (side note: what are you fucking 14? This is a fucking school yard tactic, grow up). You are not special. Your arguments are not special. People like you who come here are, and I absolutely mean this with the full force of the English language, a dime a fucking dozen. The fact that you want to take things, arguments and positions, that I have watched be completely debunked dozens of times in the year I have been on this forum and simply repeat them over and over and over and over AS LOUD AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN does not endear you to me insofar as a debating partner goes.

Here is a simple question for you: Why should I waste my time debating a personal so delusionally detached from reality as to think Genesis is non-fiction? You don't have the intelligence, civility, rationality, and you are certainly not entertaining enough for me to feel the need to waste my time explaining to another religious idiot why he is wrong. What actual reason do I have to waste my time on another intellectual bottom feeder?

I don't know how you do things but my first reaction to a pile of dog shit is not to run right up to it and start stomping away. I'd rather put it in a bag and throw it out. Which is what I plan to do with you unless you can come up with a compelling reason for me to debate you.

Cause as it is now, mockery, not discourse, is all your ignorant, belligerent, childish ass has earned from me.

So why should I debate you?

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-11-2014, 09:22 AM
(04-11-2014 09:18 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And yet you are actively avoiding answering the fucking question. Do you believe the Earth is only about 6000 years old?
Blah blah blah blah pathetic displays,... cowards

Says the guy unable to answer a yes or no question. Do you believe the Earth is 6000 years old?Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
04-11-2014, 09:28 AM
(04-11-2014 09:22 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:18 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah pathetic displays,... cowards

Says the guy unable to answer a yes or no question. Do you believe the Earth is 6000 years old?Drinking Beverage

In all fairness...Ive seen Wolfbitn ask many 'yes or no' questions and they still remained un-answered...

I gave up tryin to follow those threads

My Karma ran over your Dogma
- I have no clue who said it...I just think its funny
04-11-2014, 09:30 AM
(04-11-2014 09:22 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:18 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah pathetic displays,... cowards

Not only am I able to answer it, I am able to blow away YOUR estimation of the age of the earth WITH SCIENCE.
Not only this but I am able to show "GOD CREATED" is much more scientifically sound than the big bang/string... AND Genesis 1 CORRECTS Darwin... it is more scientifically validated than Darwin.

So mock all you like... youre the only one running... I am the one challenging ANYONE here in a one on one

Everyone reading can tell WHO is the challenger, and WHO is doing everything they can, utilizing ad hom to run... run... run... Its only ONE against WHOEVER among you that thinks they are able in a 1 on 1...

Don even try talking to me about this until youre ready to accept this challenge.