What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(04-11-2014 02:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I doubt it. Just like my post with some links about freewill/choice were posted which followed his post about, how he wont ignore any posts with a response on the subject of choice.

It's kind of staggering. He's very obviously working from a script, because he's totally refused to engage with any actual responses he's received.
(exemplified by his vainglorious insistence on debating A+B, and his subsequent abject refusal to debate A and B separately)

Thing is, it's far too stupid to even be from one of the usual sources - he makes the likes of Creation Research Ministries and goddamn Answers in Genesis look good.

And that's an accomplishment.

I agree, the stupid is strong in this one

[Image: a4x7w6.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
(04-11-2014 03:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 02:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It's kind of staggering. He's very obviously working from a script, because he's totally refused to engage with any actual responses he's received.
(exemplified by his vainglorious insistence on debating A+B, and his subsequent abject refusal to debate A and B separately)

Thing is, it's far too stupid to even be from one of the usual sources - he makes the likes of Creation Research Ministries and goddamn Answers in Genesis look good.

And that's an accomplishment.

I agree, the stupid is strong in this one

He's an apologist-with-training-wheels. He can't stay upright without his script, he throws a tantrum whenever he can't steer. Yes

He has apparently memorized a couple of set piece arguments that he thinks are slam dunks and can't color outside those lines.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2014, 03:44 PM
(04-11-2014 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 03:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree, the stupid is strong in this one

He's an apologist-with-training-wheels. He can't stay upright without his script, he throws a tantrum whenever he can't steer. Yes

He has apparently memorized a couple of set piece arguments that he thinks are slam dunks and can't color outside those lines.

typical

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I have to say that he is one of the more amusing trolls because it's so easy to wind him up. He continually lies and is so obvious in his attempts at trolling. It's actually quite funny. No doubt he's planning on having WhatWasIThinking flounce from the forum saying how she's going to become a Christian again solely because of how she was treated here.

It is slightly annoying though how he is flooding some good threads but I am sure the mods will probably start to split off and merge his derailments into one uber-wolfbtn thread.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-11-2014, 04:25 PM
[Image: LOL-I-TROLL-YOU006507.png]
[+] 2 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
05-11-2014, 07:13 AM
(04-11-2014 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  He's an apologist-with-training-wheels. He can't stay upright without his script, he throws a tantrum whenever he can't steer. Yes

The Cosmological Argument is probably the biggest offender I see with that type of behavior. They're so used to thinking "prime mover" and "lol, nothing happened and everything came from nothing" that they can't really follow the logical conclusion of their own arguments. When you hold their hand and walk them to that conclusion, they either try to force the discussion back to their talking point, change the subject, or just stop responding. I've only talked to one person who made that argument and then later admitted that it wasn't a good argument and didn't offer the proof that they thought it did.

You see this with other topics, too, but for whatever reason, the Cosmological Argument seems to be the really popular one lately for people who think they can prove God.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-11-2014, 02:29 PM
(05-11-2014 07:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You see this with other topics, too, but for whatever reason, the Cosmological Argument seems to be the really popular one lately for people who think they can prove God.
It's because we've never heard it before Robby. Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-11-2014, 03:04 PM
(05-11-2014 02:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 07:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You see this with other topics, too, but for whatever reason, the Cosmological Argument seems to be the really popular one lately for people who think they can prove God.
It's because we've never heard it before Robby. Facepalm

I'm 90% sure that's actually what they think. They come here all starry eyed, thinking they can save hundreds of souls by just dropping the Cosmological Argument and/or Pascal's Wager on our doorstep and call it a day.
05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
(05-11-2014 03:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 02:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  It's because we've never heard it before Robby. Facepalm

I'm 90% sure that's actually what they think. They come here all starry eyed, thinking they can save hundreds of souls by just dropping the Cosmological Argument and/or Pascal's Wager on our doorstep and call it a day.

The knock-down argument that no one has ever thought of before Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.