What are "feelings" and "emotion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: What are "feelings" and "emotion"?
(31-10-2014 03:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  In other words, t was the TRIGGER... that caused the FEELING (you call it emergent phenomenon), which then caused the chemical reaction... right or wrong? Wink

Wrong. As has been pointed out to you repeatedly but you are still pretending that's what people are claiming.

(31-10-2014 03:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You say the trigger caused the chemical reaction which caused the feeling...

Wrong. Strawman both times.

The trigger caused the release of neurochemicals which is the feeling. You are relying on the ambiguity of the meaning of the word 'cause'.

You are making out that the claim is:

A -> B -> C

Instead it is:

A -> B
B == C

We keep pointing this out to you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
31-10-2014, 03:42 PM
(31-10-2014 03:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:29 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  How does that last article posted support you if the pictures produced the feeling and the feeling produced the chemical reaction?

The feeling is the chemical reaction. This is the attitude of the article.

You and only you are insisting they must be different.

So youre saying these lovers sat there looking at the pictures of their lovers, and waited for the appropriate minutes to pass before they "felt a feeling"... it didn't happen that way. It specifically says the pictures aroused feelings and then goes on to say this caused the chemical reaction.

Feel free to produce a few articles of your own... id love to see them Smile Im sure reasonable minds agree it takes more than "hu-uh, no way" to refute scientific study Smile
31-10-2014, 03:44 PM
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Im sure reasonable minds agree it takes more than "hu-uh, no way" to refute scientific study Smile

They also agree that your interpretation of a scientific study is not the same as the scientific study itself Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-10-2014, 03:44 PM
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The feeling is the chemical reaction. This is the attitude of the article.

So youre saying these lovers sat there looking at the pictures of their lovers, and waited for the appropriate minutes to pass before they "felt a feeling"... it didn't happen that way. It specifically says the pictures aroused feelings and then goes on to say this caused the chemical reaction.

It literally says no such thing.

Please provide the exact wording wherein you think it does.

It's okay; I'll wait.

(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Feel free to produce a few articles of your own... id love to see them Smile Im sure reasonable minds agree it takes more than "hu-uh, no way" to refute scientific study Smile

You do not understand your own sources.

They do not agree with you. They contradict you. That you do not understand this is somewhat problematic.

As such I choose to believe you are engaging in performance art designed to demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect. In which case, demonstrate on, my good man.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
31-10-2014, 03:45 PM
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The feeling is the chemical reaction. This is the attitude of the article.

Feel free to produce a few articles of your own... id love to see them Smile Im sure reasonable minds agree it takes more than "hu-uh, no way" to refute scientific study Smile

What "appropriate minutes"? How did you even come up with that? Who says it takes so much time?

The problem is not that we do not agree with the study. The problem is that at least three people here understand it and you obviously do not.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
31-10-2014, 03:48 PM
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  It specifically says the pictures aroused feelings and then goes on to say this caused the chemical reaction.

If so then you should be able to quote the paragraph that specifies this.

If not we know that you are deliberately claiming it says something else and are therefore trolling.

So please quote the exact paragraph where it says the pictures aroused the feelings and that the feelings caused the chemical reaction.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
31-10-2014, 03:52 PM
(31-10-2014 03:41 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  In other words, t was the TRIGGER... that caused the FEELING (you call it emergent phenomenon), which then caused the chemical reaction... right or wrong? Wink

Wrong. As has been pointed out to you repeatedly but you are still pretending that's what people are claiming.

(31-10-2014 03:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You say the trigger caused the chemical reaction which caused the feeling...

Wrong. Strawman both times.

The trigger caused the release of neurochemicals which is the feeling. You are relying on the ambiguity of the meaning of the word 'cause'.

You are making out that out claim is:

A -> B -> C

Instead it is:

A -> B
B == C

We keep pointing this out to you.

And a picture causes a chemical reaction how? And where is your article? This is 2 different equations you've given me now... the first equation doesnt match your 2nd one, they are completely different equations.... why? Your first one was something like A->b->a->B.. a cycle remember?

Also we saw the voles didn't produce dopamine until AFTER the "feeling" hit to mate. The act then produced the dopamine, enhancing the feeling.

And the other 2 articles just come right out and say IT IS ALL ONLY THEORETICAL (emphasis only) Smile, and that there's more than one theory.... so no... In all honesty Im sorry but no, you don't "know" and you cant produce the study that "proves" your stance.
31-10-2014, 03:57 PM
(31-10-2014 03:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  So youre saying these lovers sat there looking at the pictures of their lovers, and waited for the appropriate minutes to pass before they "felt a feeling"... it didn't happen that way. It specifically says the pictures aroused feelings and then goes on to say this caused the chemical reaction.

What "appropriate minutes"? How did you even come up with that? Who says it takes so much time?

The problem is not that we do not agree with the study. The problem is that at least three people here understand it and you obviously do not.

By all means explain it to me Smile I'll be waiting Smile
31-10-2014, 04:00 PM
(31-10-2014 03:48 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  It specifically says the pictures aroused feelings and then goes on to say this caused the chemical reaction.

If so then you should be able to quote the paragraph that specifies this.

If not we know that you are deliberately claiming it says something else and are therefore trolling.

So please quote the exact paragraph where it says the pictures aroused the feelings and that the feelings caused the chemical reaction.

1) Not a single one of you have an article to back you

2) As far as Im concerned I see no diplomas, and your word is not enough to debunk 5 credible sources and the dozens more I can give you

3) You want to call me a troll because I have sources and ask for yours? Ok Smile

I have a few things I need to do
31-10-2014, 04:01 PM
(31-10-2014 03:57 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  What "appropriate minutes"? How did you even come up with that? Who says it takes so much time?

By all means explain it to me Smile I'll be waiting Smile

Dear Sweet Spaghetti Monster, that's a well-executed burden dodge.

"This study says X"
"No it doesn't"
"NO U HAF 2 PROOF IT TROLOLOL"

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post