What are some of the stupidest suggestions by religions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
RE: What are some of the stupidest suggestions by religions?
I get very irked when theists belittle science and what it's done for the world.

A few weeks ago a creationist sent me a PM on youtube discussing how creationism is a more valid hypothesis than evolution. His exact comment (I saved the entire conversation) was "The facts discovered in scientific research are only that: facts." I wasn't even sure where to begin with that statement, let alone the rest of his argument. And he got incredibly upset at me for calling his god "Yahweh." He eventually sent me an angry message about how god is real and I'm in for a big surprise after death.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
(02-03-2011 11:27 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  I get very irked when theists belittle science and what it's done for the world.

A few weeks ago a creationist sent me a PM on youtube discussing how creationism is a more valid hypothesis than evolution. His exact comment (I saved the entire conversation) was "The facts discovered in scientific research are only that: facts."
–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

*scratches head*

This is one of those things that makes me think, What was the thought process here?
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2011, 01:24 PM
(02-03-2011 01:06 PM)Sierra Wrote:  This is one of those things that makes me think, What was the thought process here?

I wish I knew, I tried to get him to elaborate but he was as slippery as a baby seal in oil. He went on rambling about how he "didn't want to argue, God didn't put us here to argue" then quoting apologetic Mark Cahill's books, followed by a week or so of arguing.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
02-03-2011, 10:07 PM
(02-03-2011 11:27 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  His exact comment (I saved the entire conversation) was "The facts discovered in scientific research are only that: facts."

[Image: 2vm6ewy.jpg]

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
02-03-2011, 10:17 PM

"Tide goes in, tide goes out."

'nuff said.
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2011, 10:27 PM

Tongue I don't worship gods that create damned human mistakes! Ha Ha
I think of all the world religions Jehovah Witness and Mormon are tied for the most ignorant of faiths in all of their exclusive tenets.

Aside from that, salvation is pretty ridiculous. Dear Jesus, save me from being created in your image and likeness in your god form so that when I'm dead I can either live with the kind of god that would create that damned faith scenario in the first place, or suffer in the hell that god created as an omniscient being that knew all along my destiny from even before I was a spirit to be quickened into human flesh.

Baptism is pretty ridiculous. Born from water in the first place damned for the trouble. Dunked in a sequel achieves salvation (see above).
If a Fundy ever dares presume I'm damned on sight and asks if I've been saved, I'm going to ask them if I'm born again do I get to be taller while making mom spread her legs and scream again this time without an epidural?

I wonder how long it will take them to run in the opposite direction? I'll update if I find out anytime soon.
03-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Too Stupid for Science ? Try Religion!

All you have to do to get in our church is pay 10% of your income to us every year! You will be forever blessed and a eternal place in heaven. May god bless you.

Instead of spending thousands of $$$$ on universities for education, why don't you come to our church ? Where we won't charge you anything, for singing, dancing, reciting awesome holy godly words, that means more than science and monkey becoming human myth.

Well what are you waiting for fallen sinner ? Join today, and get a free copy of the bible in your mail by next week.
Amen.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Transubstantiation ftw.
07-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I had a heated, irrational and funny debate on a local blog with a zealot, someone posted a thread about Carl Sagan's analogy about "the Dragon living in my garage". The zealot didn't argued or tried to refute Carl Sagan's analogy in a logical and reasonable manner (thats weird Confused), instead he just started to throw insults to us, preaching about how the lack of faith is the main reason why the world is a nasty place, "secular people are the cause of all atrocities in this world..." "the lack of faith make people evil..." "you are stupids because you don't think like I do..." etc.

So the bottom line is that one of the stupidest suggestions by religions is that atheist or faithless people are evil by nature IMO.

Oh and the classic argument thrown by religious people when they are losing on a debate "you MUST have faith in something..." I had another debate with a theist about faith, he said that faith is something RATIONAL because faith is based on evidence, WTF. And tried to convince me about it by telling me that science and scientific method uses faith... FACEPALM* I won the debate when I grabbed a dictionary and posted the definition of faith and using wikipedia to back up my statement. Well those are the 2 stupidest suggestions by religions I've ever heard. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
08-03-2011, 01:57 AM
We have a tough race going folks. Faith is based on Evidence just is running neck and neck with Evolution is Just a Theory. Noah's Flood is on the inside battling it out with God Cannot Forgive Without Bloodshed. Post Death Baptism and Circumcision are charging up the middle. Blind Faith is trying to break through on the outside. Into the final stretch and Armageddon takes the lead away from He Died For Your Sins. Judgment Day challenges for the lead. Wait a minute! There's a bunch of Westboro Baptists on the track protesting the race. The Rature just happened and all good christians have gone to heaven. The Westboro Baptists are still blocking the track. Oh my goodness folks, there has been a collision of biblical proportions.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.