What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 08:39 AM by Mittens Deluxe.)
What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?
I don't mean just for politics, I mean for science, psychology, world news, political news, or anything else that may be of interest. I follow a few news sources. I watch a lot of the young turks, I follow national geographic, ted talks, science daily, some silly news sources like vice, multiple various science and psychology sources.

I just follow whatever, because it all appears on my facebook timeline. That's one of the things I will always defend about facebook. It is a fantastic way to stay up to date with news, because all you have to do is follow a news source and it's articles will show up on your timeline. I'm always looking for new news sources.

I have also followed the amazing atheist, darkmatter2525 and sargon of akkad for a long time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?
John Oliver since Jon Stewart is not on anymore. Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-05-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?
(08-05-2016 07:53 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  John Oliver since Jon Stewart is not on anymore. Tongue

Stewart signed a deal with HBO, he should have content out before the election this year. John Oliver is my fucking hero, though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Entertainment Tonight. Like fer sure. Gum snap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-05-2016, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 08:24 AM by Gilgamesh.)
Young turks are pure propaganda.

Look up The Rubin Report on Youtube. It's a neat show. Dave Rubin used to be on TYT, but he got tired of the bullshit. He's a liberal who criticises the regressive left, among other things.

[+] 5 users Like Gilgamesh's post
08-05-2016, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 09:01 AM by cactus.)
(08-05-2016 08:14 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Young turks are pure propaganda.

+1 I can't stand their show. Any time I try to watch one of their videos, I watch until the first ad-hominem attack, and then I stop watching, immediately reminded of why I never go to their channel.
It's like listening to a bunch of douchey middle-school kids on the playground who spend much of their time hurling reactionary insults at people they don't like, and making jokes about titties.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
08-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Idk what you all are on about, I like the young turks.
08-05-2016, 08:39 AM
I have also followed the amazing atheist, darkmatter2525 and sargon of akkad for a long time.
[+] 1 user Likes Mittens Deluxe's post
08-05-2016, 08:47 AM
(08-05-2016 08:39 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I have also followed the amazing atheist, darkmatter2525 and sargon of akkad for a long time.

AA and Sargon are cool dudes.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
08-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I listen to NPR. Lots of good shows with a focus ranging from close-local to global. And they rebroadcast BBC's The World for a couple of hours here, so I can easily get a non-American perspective on things.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post