What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 05:50 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?
Ars Technica is great for tech-related news, and stuff about privacy. For science news I use phys.org.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: What are the most informative, intellectual, interesting news sources you know?
My friends who are still into intel because, unlike me,, they managed to not get their security clearances revoked.

'Murican Canadian
08-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I do not trust any news source. It is all bought and paid for. The "free press" is non existent.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I like Krebs on Security, AnandTech, Ars Technica, and TorrentFreak.
Also, I prefer Phys.org to ScienceDaily.

I mainly just read blogs and watch Youtube videos about the things that pique my interest, or NPR when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Fox News..... lol jk. I use http://www.breakingnews.com/ it's a twitter style real time update website which reports news around the world.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I use my AP news app on my iPad and phone a lot since they update all day but I think they do have a liberal bias, it's better than a conservative bias. I go to Entertainment Weekly for entertainment news of all sorts, I watch PBS News Hour whenever I get the chance after work which is great for global news and my local news station for the regional stuff.

I used to watch Young Turks all the time, they were a great source for a progressive world view but lately they've become too preachy and they're far too...I'm not sure...smug? They just think their opinions on everything are so great and perfect. Just tell us what's going on, stop infecting everything with your emotions.

Also, I lost so much respect for Cenk when I saw his interview with Sam Harris. He was clearly a lightweight and couldn't handle talking to someone who knows so much more than he does. He could stand to learn more about science, religion, world history and politics actually. He's almost as bad as Fox news, it's not black and white and he used to understand that, he's just a liberal puppet now.

Now if you're looking for that kind of news you can check out The Rubin Report, The David Pakman Show and Secular Talk. I check them out every once and awhile and they seem progressive but still fair and not as preachy as TYT.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
10-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Foxnews

but for real, cracked.com is my most trustworthy source of journalistic information

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-05-2016, 12:47 AM
One of my mainstays back in the day. Now I keep up with the backsides of Cheerios boxes - when I can find my glasses.
11-05-2016, 05:38 AM
(08-05-2016 10:29 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I listen to NPR. Lots of good shows with a focus ranging from close-local to global.

NPR is my top pick. They're pretty informative and they tend to tell both sides of the story. Despite that, they don't mince words when it comes to topics like evolution or climate change; they except that they happen and state those things as fact.

One site I've learned to avoid (or at least take with a grain of salt) is Huffington Post. While I tend to agree with them on a lot of social issues, I've found they're very spotty on how they handle science. While they get big answers like evolution and climate change right, they get weird when it comes to stuff like vaccine woo or water fluoridation. They'll kindly link studies, hope you don't read said study, and then run a stupidly wrong op-ed.

(08-05-2016 07:53 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  John Oliver since Jon Stewart is not on anymore. Tongue

I have a cousin who loves John Oliver and sends me links occasionally. I've enjoyed what I've seen.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-05-2016, 06:02 AM
As I was on an NPR station once upon a time -- I feel more "at home" listening to it....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post