What are the odds? (Ashley Madison related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: What are the odds? (Ashley Madison related)
(31-08-2015 01:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Of all the people for this to happen to... I'm cursed when it comes to churches... I swear.

So yeah, one of the ministers at my church had an Ashley Madison account that was exposed in the hack. As one might think, this automatically eliminates him from being a minister or any type of authority figure in our church.

We're a small-medium sized church, and it just seems so random that one of our ministers was trying to affair up his marriage. It's like everywhere I go SOMETHING happens.

I'm seeing a pattern... I'm the common denominator. See? I'm cursed.

*sigh*

Nonono. The pattern is that you aren't the LOWEST common denominator, and many people around you are.

Which is, of course, what lowest common denominator means in a social context.

As far as it being random? Yeah, it's random, but that just means there are odds in play. One in two marriages end in divorce. x% of people in committed relationships will cheat... or just explore the possibility to the point of signing up for a cheating website or flirting at a bar. "Random" does not mean "rare".

What I'm trying to say is that you should feel good about yourself because you're not special and EVERYONE has this shitty problem of two degrees of separation from a dozen life cluster fucks. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Isn't an Ashley Madison "account", or whatever you call it, really expensive? I know nothing about this except it sounds like an online prostitution system.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Perhaps the problem is that you have put this man on some sort of pedestal because he's a preacher. A man of the cloth is still a man and therefore imperfect per the teachings.

The job/title/degree a person holds doesn't fully define who and what they are.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-08-2015, 06:06 PM
The religion itself is unnatural and anti life. It makes demands of it's followers that are out of step with reality.

KC you are involved in a death cult. No good can come of this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-08-2015, 07:49 PM
In a pre-ordained, deterministic, Calvinistic universe, isn't it Gods fault?

Doc
[+] 9 users Like docskeptic's post
31-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Sorry, KC... but that was funny, Doc!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
31-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Drinking Beverage odds are higher he was only talking to men anyway.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Don't worry King! I think he's in the clear!

[Image: biblemarriage.jpg]

As long as he didn't use a condom and spill his seed that is.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
01-09-2015, 11:32 AM
(31-08-2015 01:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We're a small-medium sized church, and it just seems so random that one of our ministers was trying to affair up his marriage. It's like everywhere I go SOMETHING happens.

Naw, you're just forgetting iterative probability. A lot of people are assholes one way or another. So, when you get a group of people together, at least a few are bound to be assholes; you're just finding them.
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
(31-08-2015 01:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Of all the people for this to happen to... I'm cursed when it comes to churches... I swear.

So yeah, one of the ministers at my church had an Ashley Madison account that was exposed in the hack. As one might think, this automatically eliminates him from being a minister or any type of authority figure in our church.

We're a small-medium sized church, and it just seems so random that one of our ministers was trying to affair up his marriage. It's like everywhere I go SOMETHING happens.

*sigh*

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha oh...sorry Unsure Big Grin

But here is the thing, under Christian doctrine, all one has to do is pray about it, and ask for forgiveness, then announce to all, I prayed to god, and he forgave me....I have been cleansed...which is verbatim for what that one Christian said (some "famous" youtuber according to the news recently). Sounds legit Angel

Of course I will admit, I have never bothered to research Calvinism, so I don't know what angle you guys use, so many flavors of Christianity I lack the time to absorb them all Drooling

I vote for you to step up and take over the congregation, lead them to the light Bowing

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)