What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 06:47 PM
We are debating putting up the tree as most of the kids are older and moved out. What are you doing?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: What are you doing for Christmas this year?
(04-11-2016 06:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  We are debating putting up the tree as most of the kids are older and moved out. What are you doing?

Nothing... same as every year.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Good question...since my older daughter has her ass firmly planted on her shoulders and has a new rich family I doubt I will be seeing her, her husband, her daughter, or her mother in law over any of the holidays.

At some point I will cook a meal for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas that works around my son's girlfriend's family. They will come over with the bonus granddaughter and there will be gifts for her.

I will set out some little tree decorations and my stuffed Grinches and Max but not an actual Christmas tree because the male dogs I have had are way too happy to have a tree in the house.

I wish I could get my other daughter to come out with her kids...haven't seen them in three and a half years. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-11-2016, 07:05 PM
As little as possible.
04-11-2016, 07:07 PM
(04-11-2016 07:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good question...since my older daughter has her ass firmly planted on her shoulders and has a new rich family I doubt I will be seeing her, her husband, her daughter, or her mother in law over any of the holidays.

At some point I will cook a meal for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas that works around my son's girlfriend's family. They will come over with the bonus granddaughter and there will be gifts for her.

I will set out some little tree decorations and my stuffed Grinches and Max but not an actual Christmas tree because the male dogs I have had are way too happy to have a tree in the house.

I wish I could get my other daughter to come out with her kids...haven't seen them in three and a half years. Undecided

That sucks Anj. Hugs and stuff.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
04-11-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm going to have a dinner party on Christmas Eve with a few friends. I don't decorate a ton, but I do get a tree every year. I love a tree all decked out with Christmas lights next to a fire in the fireplace. After dinner, we usually sit around my living room, have a few drinks, and exchange presents.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
04-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Working. Christmas day I'll go see my parents. Then back to work. That's about it.
Don't have to see the extended family this year so that's a bonus.
04-11-2016, 07:48 PM
We are having empty nest syndrome as 4 of 5 kids are grown up and moved out and we have no grandkids yet. Christmas is not the same anymore.
04-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Working if I can. The combination of overtime and holiday pay makes for about a $750 shift. I don't mind opening presents tired when I get back,Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Gonna take the five hour drive out to western Kansas this year. Every Christmas the meet up is in a different location to try to accommodate family members who have moved, of which there are plenty so podunk western Kansas hasn't been the spot for several years. That's been nice since we have young children and long trips are so easy with them in tow. No

But there are always a lot of family that can't make it out this way each year so it's time we all get together back at home once again.

As much as I dread the trip, it will be fun to see everyone that I haven't for so long, and to show off the little heathens to them. Especially grandma and grandpa, who are probably not long for this world.

I do kinda miss the tumbleweeds...you're always kind of taken aback at how big they are and that they are even more impressive in real life than in the movies. Especially when they get stuck in the grille of your car at highway speeds. Dodgy

Family is good though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco