What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: What are you doing for Christmas this year?
[Image: 6fa92835dd2f9d8f1cc640f35ea7ae72.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2016, 06:18 AM
(04-11-2016 07:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I will set out some little tree decorations and my stuffed Grinches and Max but not an actual Christmas tree because the male dogs I have had are way too happy to have a tree in the house.

Who doesn't appreciate indoor plumbing, especially when it is cold or wet outside.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I'm not going to bother with a tree, but I may do a few strings of lights here and there in the house, because I like the way they look. I'm looking forward to having my son back from college for a few weeks. (reminder to self: stock up on groceries)

On Christmas Day, we'll probably exchange a few presents--because all of us like presents--then go to the movies.
05-11-2016, 06:59 AM
I might be going to the Bahamas to meet my girlfriend's family
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
I'll get a live tree again to plant in the yard later. We put it on the porch and decorate for us and a holiday breakfast we host for my wife's family. We cook for about 15 or so cousins and aunt/uncle.
As for the actual day, we will probably hang out with one of my sibs.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
05-11-2016, 08:04 AM
(05-11-2016 07:55 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'll get a live tree again to plant in the yard later. We put it on the porch and decorate for us and a holiday breakfast we host for my wife's family. We cook for about 15 or so cousins and aunt/uncle.
As for the actual day, we will probably hang out with one of my sibs.

I do the live tree thing too Thumbsup
05-11-2016, 08:11 AM
breakfast is early, on the 3rd. One cousin has hosted it one time in the last 7 years, all the other times it has been us. Buncha chckenshits. Tongue
that right there was a Festivus airing of grievance Big Grin
05-11-2016, 08:40 AM
I love the Pagan tree tradition. I love bringing a tree into the house and making it all fancy. A few years ago I made jewelry for the tree and it looks like it has diamonds all over it! Big Grin But we go out to a family tree farm and cut the tree down. I try to support the local Christmas tree farmers here in Oregon.

Anyhoo, Christmas for me is all about the tree. It's not about some 2000 year old dead guy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Having a baby!! My second daughter is due the 25th, but we're hoping she's a few days early so we'll be home by Xmas eve. Though that would be pretty close to our first daughter on the 16th. Man, this is going to be an expensive time of year...

I still enjoy the pagan stuff too. We're talking about doing a live tree this year for the first time. I did it growing up and would love to start a little grove or line of them in the back yard.

And I'm definitely going to eat too much and drink more dark beer and egg nog than I should Smile

"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
- Isaac Newton
[+] 2 users Like Scott E's post
05-11-2016, 08:56 AM
(05-11-2016 08:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I love the Pagan tree tradition. I love bringing a tree into the house and making it all fancy. A few years ago I made jewelry for the tree and it looks like it has diamonds all over it! Big Grin But we go out to a family tree farm and cut the tree down. I try to support the local Christmas tree farmers here in Oregon.

Anyhoo, Christmas for me is all about the tree. It's not about some 2000 year old dead guy.