What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: What are you doing for Christmas this year?
I shall raise a glass to the krampas I just love the idea of a demon that eats annoying kids.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Christmas morning will be the 5th anniversary of my husband's death. I will be in no mood for celebration.

I'll spend Christmas by myself, with some good food and drink, and make it a leisurely day, playing games and playing with my dogs outside, weather permitting. I find I do much better that way than trying to look like I am enjoying all the hustle and bustle of Christmas with others.

People keep inviting me and don't get that I really do want to be alone. So this year I think I am going to lie and say I am already spending it with friends...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-11-2016, 09:43 AM
(05-11-2016 09:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Christmas morning will be the 5th anniversary of my husband's death. I will be in no mood for celebration.

I'll spend Christmas by myself, with some good food and drink, and make it a leisurely day, playing games and playing with my dogs outside, weather permitting. I find I do much better that way than trying to look like I am enjoying all the hustle and bustle of Christmas with others.

People keep inviting me and don't get that I really do want to be alone. So this year I think I am going to lie and say I am already spending it with friends...

Well, you are spending it with (animal) friends Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-11-2016, 09:58 AM
They are the best anyway.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
05-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Fattening up one of the neighbors to sacrifi-... I mean, carolling.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-11-2016, 10:12 AM
(05-11-2016 09:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Christmas morning will be the 5th anniversary of my husband's death. I will be in no mood for celebration.

Not a nice xmas present, 5 YA. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-11-2016, 10:45 AM
What are you doing for Christmas this year?
Same as usual. Reading and playing on my Xbox.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-11-2016, 11:52 AM
(05-11-2016 08:56 AM)Scott E Wrote:  Having a baby!! My second daughter is due the 25th, but we're hoping she's a few days early so we'll be home by Xmas eve. Though that would be pretty close to our first daughter on the 16th. Man, this is going to be an expensive time of year...

I still enjoy the pagan stuff too. We're talking about doing a live tree this year for the first time. I did it growing up and would love to start a little grove or line of them in the back yard.

And I'm definitely going to eat too much and drink more dark beer and egg nog than I should Smile

Congratulations!!! What a great Christmas present.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-11-2016, 11:54 AM
I'll attempt to ignore it, and hope it goes away.....

It does - but like a case of herpes - it keeps coming back....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-11-2016, 01:54 PM
(05-11-2016 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'll attempt to ignore it, and hope it goes away.....

It does - but like a case of herpes - it keeps coming back....
Xmas is like herpes but with the malignancy of HIV