What are you doing for the holidays?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: What are you doing for the holidays?
(02-12-2016 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Should take a bet to see how long she can keep one Tongue

I like to mix things up Wink

Mixing things up would be like once a week to a couple weeks, every 5 seconds is being indecisive lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
02-12-2016, 09:08 PM
(02-12-2016 09:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like to mix things up Wink

Mixing things up would be like once a week to a couple weeks, every 5 seconds is being indecisive lol

Tongue
02-12-2016, 09:11 PM
(02-12-2016 09:02 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  So much. probably too much!

3 (I think?) Parties
I host a gingerbread decorating party for my kids and friends.
I also host a christmas art event (again for kids and friends)
I volunteer with a couple organizations and they have events, so I help with those.
Caroling at the local nursing home with my Girl Scout troop.
and the typical stuff like decorate, get the tree, bake lots and lots.

Christmas eve to my SIL's, then right from there to my mom's house. Christmas morning is spent here, and I have a bunch of people over for a big dinner around 1:00.

I have to admit, I freaking love christmas and manage (really well) to ignore the religious aspects. Smile

I freaking love Christmas too Smile I also stay away from the religious stuff, but I like getting a tree and driving around with some hot cocoa and looking at all the pretty light displays. And of course, I like eating, drinking, spending time with friends/family and opening presents Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-12-2016, 09:13 PM
(02-12-2016 08:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like to mix things up Wink

[Image: bored-baby-1284.jpg]

But I just got used to the Black Cat.

Laugh out load

I need an avatar intervention Hobo
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Girlfriend's parents will probably come over for the opening of presents. I may even end up with Christmas day off since the guys with the seniority tend to hog the Christmas overtime.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Eat food and open presents. The basics. The rest of the day will be normal.

We don't do a whole lot for Christmas because my dad despises the holiday. O.o I hate going out anywhere with him during Christmas time because he embarrasses me by loudly complaining about how much he hates Christianity.
[+] 2 users Like AnaBunny's post
02-12-2016, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 11:51 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I'll probably be working, since I got Thanksgiving off, and Christmas falls on a regular workday for me.

I'll drop in at Mom's that morning, though. She lives a couple of miles from where I work.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-12-2016, 10:05 PM
It's funny. My wife and I haven't been in a church except for a marryin' or buryin' in about 14 years, even though she is still a True Believer. We moved my mother in law in with us about 6 years ago after her husband died, and she began to decline mentally. Sadcryface We'll suffer through the rigmarole of xmas, even though my three sons and I are atheists. It IS fun to give and receive, though, so we'll still be giving and getting presents. It's nice to have thoughtful gifts given, any time of year!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-12-2016, 10:06 PM
What are you doing for the holidays?
I will be at home reading and playing if I found some game that will catch my interest.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Going over to the In-law's home.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post