What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2016, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 08:52 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: What are you doing right now?
Sitting here with a headache, the kind that comes with stuffed up ear that keeps popping. I have on some gameshow being hosted by a very old looking Alec Baldwin.

Edit: It's apparently Match Game. Penis was just the winning word...original Match Game is probably horrified. Debating staying up to hear Milwaukee's police chief explain how it's not a bad thing that the city has had its deadliest month in a quarter century.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2016, 08:28 PM
I am lying awake at 0325 having had to go to the bathroom an hour and a half ago and am no nearer sleep than I was immediately after that.

Ho, hum, get nights like this too often but, never mind, the only effect is usually that I will be yawning a bit earlier tomorrow evening,

But, I have my weekly wine ration tomorrow evening and that, with some treat type food, usually has a nice, soporific effect.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
01-09-2016, 09:03 PM
(01-09-2016 08:28 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  I am lying awake at 0325 having had to go to the bathroom an hour and a half ago and am no nearer sleep than I was immediately after that.

Ho, hum, get nights like this too often but, never mind, the only effect is usually that I will be yawning a bit earlier tomorrow evening,

But, I have my weekly wine ration tomorrow evening and that, with some treat type food, usually has a nice, soporific effect.

Melatonin. ... wait you're a Brit aren't you? Yeah, I got nothing.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Sitting on the back deck listening to the crickets, cicadas and some nearby owls calling. Puffing on my vaporizer (haven't had a cigarette in nineteen days, booya!). Having a bourbon (been trying to cut that down as well, I gotta lower my blood pressure).

Perusing the forums and enjoying the anticipation of six o'clock tomorrow and the three day weekend that follows.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
02-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Breakfast. Oatmeal with pecan halves and blueberries in it. Yum! Then Ima wander out and break in the new brakes on my truck.
02-09-2016, 01:36 PM
(30-08-2016 11:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm watching tv and taking a shit.

Who said people can't multi-task?

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Today was bill paying, housework day, errand running. Special needs kid has a long list of atypical school supplies to gather.

One load of towels in the drier, load of clothes in the washer and the dishwasher I neglected to run last night is going.

One of these days I'll get my life reorganized.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2016, 01:57 PM
(02-09-2016 01:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 11:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm watching tv and taking a shit.

Who said people can't multi-task?

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Today was bill paying, housework day, errand running. Special needs kid has a long list of atypical school supplies to gather.

One load of towels in the drier, load of clothes in the washer and the dishwasher I neglected to run last night is going.

One of these days I'll get my life reorganized.

You should join me for some wine and chocolate. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Got an e-mail yesterday that I needed to go to the doc's office to get my blood drawn for my annual checkup. It said I should be there at 8 and they would draw the blood at 8:30. Since it gets light later in the morning now, and I have animals to tend to before heading out, I arrived there at 8:28 on the dot. I was turned away and there was not another date for blood drawing before my doc's appt. They said I needed to drive to the hospital in the next town to get it done. I wasn't about to do that, so I told them and left. Cursing to myself because nothing in my sleepy little town is open before 10 or 11, so I would either have to hang around for hours waiting to do errands, or drive home and drive back in another day.

Get into my car and start backing and almost back into a nurse waving her hands - she wanted my blood after all.

Funny how people always run after you if you just walk out some place...Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Drinking coffee.
02-09-2016, 11:25 PM
At work.

Tongue