What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(03-09-2016 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 04:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I am getting ready to go dine at an Olive Garden tonight. I've never eaten there, but I think it's one of those things that you really should experience at least once in your life to really experience the American lifestyle.

Among many, many others, here is a sampling of restaurants I've never eaten at:

Five Guys
Quiznos
Popeyes
Carl's Jr.
Jack in the Box
Buca Di Beppo
Long John Silver's (Is that still even around?)
The Waffle House
Chipolte
P.F. Chang's
Carrabba's Italian Grill
Red Robin
Outback Steakhouse
Applebee's

Honorable mentions include (restaurants that I haven't eaten in since I was in middle school a time frame that I am not willing to specify):
Mc. Donald's
Burger King
Wendy's
Chik fil'a
TGI Friday's
Ruby Tuesday's
Red Lobster
Macaroni Grill
Longhorn Steakhouse
Cracker Barrel
Golden Corral

Okay, the Olive Garden was definitely not what I expected. -And just to clarify, I wasn't exactly expecting a Capital Grill experience... but I was also expecting it not to be fast food. It was a bad sign when I stepped in to find the patrons wearing casual attire to dinner like they'd wear to the mall or for grocery shopping.

The famous bread sticks weren't bad, it's just that they were little more than cylinders of white bread. Nothing special. The "marinara sauce" was really just spaghetti sauce (probably canned). The food came out too quickly for it to have been special ordered, which I thought made sense given the relative lower prices of the menu items.

The dessert wasn't even worth eating, I ended up sending it back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
03-09-2016, 09:32 PM
(03-09-2016 09:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, the Olive Garden was definitely not what I expected. -And just to clarify, I wasn't exactly expecting a Capital Grill experience... but I was also expecting it not to be fast food. It was a bad sign when I stepped in to find the patrons wearing casual attire to dinner like they'd wear to the mall or for grocery shopping.

The famous bread sticks weren't bad, it's just that they were little more than cylinders of white bread. Nothing special. The "marinara sauce" was really just spaghetti sauce (probably canned). The food came out too quickly for it to have been special ordered, which I thought made sense given the relative lower prices of the menu items.

You'll experience the same disappoint with most of the other places on your bucket list.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-09-2016, 09:44 PM
(03-09-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sitting here with existential angst over the issue of Hell. Hoping Settlers of Catan, later, can take my mind off of it.

http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ HTH Tongue
03-09-2016, 09:50 PM
(03-09-2016 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 09:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, the Olive Garden was definitely not what I expected. -And just to clarify, I wasn't exactly expecting a Capital Grill experience... but I was also expecting it not to be fast food. It was a bad sign when I stepped in to find the patrons wearing casual attire to dinner like they'd wear to the mall or for grocery shopping.

You'll experience the same disappoint with most of the other places on your bucket list.

I was going to respond to that list, but Girly beat me to it. My wife was hungry on her way to a volunteer effort after we did some shopping this morning (we bought a new camping trailer). We went through the Wendy's drive through and got her and her mother some of their offerings. I was hungry too, but we had had salmon for dinner last night. I passed on Wendy's and had a great sandwich made with a nice slab of braised salmon. Yum!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-09-2016, 09:57 PM
(03-09-2016 09:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You'll experience the same disappoint with most of the other places on your bucket list.

I was going to respond to that list, but Girly beat me to it. My wife was hungry on her way to a volunteer effort after we did some shopping this morning (we bought a new camping trailer). We went through the Wendy's drive through and got her and her mother some of their offerings. I was hungry too, but we had had salmon for dinner last night. I passed on Wendy's and had a great sandwich made with a nice slab of braised salmon. Yum!

I don't eat a typical American diet, and haven't for most of my life. If tonight was any indication of what's out there, then I don't think I've been missing out on much. Wendy's is one place I'm not even interested in trying. Golden Corral or any similar buffet just isn't on my list of things to try.
03-09-2016, 10:21 PM
(03-09-2016 09:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 09:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I was going to respond to that list, but Girly beat me to it. My wife was hungry on her way to a volunteer effort after we did some shopping this morning (we bought a new camping trailer). We went through the Wendy's drive through and got her and her mother some of their offerings. I was hungry too, but we had had salmon for dinner last night. I passed on Wendy's and had a great sandwich made with a nice slab of braised salmon. Yum!

I don't eat a typical American diet, and haven't for most of my life. If tonight was any indication of what's out there, then I don't think I've been missing out on much. Wendy's is one place I'm not even interested in trying. Golden Corral or any similar buffet just isn't on my list of things to try.

Stick to Kosher, you'll live longer.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-09-2016, 10:24 PM
(03-09-2016 09:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I was going to respond to that list, but Girly beat me to it. My wife was hungry on her way to a volunteer effort after we did some shopping this morning (we bought a new camping trailer). We went through the Wendy's drive through and got her and her mother some of their offerings. I was hungry too, but we had had salmon for dinner last night. I passed on Wendy's and had a great sandwich made with a nice slab of braised salmon. Yum!

Are you 100% sure you are human? Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-09-2016, 10:27 PM
(03-09-2016 10:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 09:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't eat a typical American diet, and haven't for most of my life. If tonight was any indication of what's out there, then I don't think I've been missing out on much. Wendy's is one place I'm not even interested in trying. Golden Corral or any similar buffet just isn't on my list of things to try.

Are you 100% sure you are human? Tongue

I still don't like pizza. No

But I am eating ice cream right now.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
03-09-2016, 11:04 PM
(03-09-2016 10:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 10:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Are you 100% sure you are human? Tongue

I still don't like pizza. No

But I am eating ice cream right now.

You will one day Evil_monster

and yummmm

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Enjoying the air conditioning at the office, but headed home soon for Fear the Walking Dead.

(03-09-2016 08:44 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sitting here with existential angst over the issue of Hell. Hoping Settlers of Catan, later, can take my mind off of it.

[Image: ForPOJQ.jpg]

Boogie is not that far off how one of the guys felt towards the end. Two women got absurdly drunk on his wine and kept forgetting about the game, when we were all stuck on the 5 person expansion at 6 victory points each. You could tell he was so disgusted, but etiquette (and trying to impress the woman he was flirting with who was still sober) required getting them back on track until they both decided to quit, leaving the remaining 3 of us to finish it.
(03-09-2016 09:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ HTH Tongue

You do <3 that link. Tongue Isn't it enough I'm reading Sam Harris for you right now lol?

Blasphemy Aliza, blasphemy. Listen, I can respect a difference of opinion on God between Judaism and Christianity. But no Wendy's Frosty? The smalls are 50 cents right now!! Says the man who hasn't eaten there in 9 months...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user