What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(21-09-2016 04:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just got back from the follow up after the ER trip on Monday; three guesses as to who gets to do both a stress test and a happy fun colonoscopy? Sad

Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Colonoscopies are easy. If you're lucky you'll be able to watch it on the monitor. It's like a weird episode of Star Trek.

Doesn't hurt a teeny weeny bit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-09-2016, 06:30 PM
(21-09-2016 06:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 04:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just got back from the follow up after the ER trip on Monday; three guesses as to who gets to do both a stress test and a happy fun colonoscopy? Sad

At least you are unconscious during the colonoscopy. The worst part is the prep, having been through two of them.

I minimize the prep pain by fasting for at least 12 hours before I take the "Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir. Of course that means you have to be able to fast for 36-48 hours. But there's no cramping.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-09-2016, 06:41 PM
(21-09-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 06:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  At least you are unconscious during the colonoscopy. The worst part is the prep, having been through two of them.

I minimize the prep pain by fasting for at least 12 hours before I take the "Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir. Of course that means you have to be able to fast for 36-48 hours. But there's no cramping.

Just don't eat dinner the night before. Perhaps skip lunch too.

Banjo.

Colonoscopies 6.
Endoscopies 6.
Lumbar punctures 35.
Bone marrow biopsies 40.
Various other tests, too many to count.

Don't worry about it.

He says to the guy with anxiety. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks all, I probably will fast beforehand some...I've seen family members go through this prep before and your all's advice seems like it would definitely help me out. Heard before what you've all said, colonoscopy itself isn't bad, but dear God the prep. I suppose it's one way to lose some weight, but not how I'd appreciate it while getting checked out. Also heard that no one likes the type of gatorade you can mix the ""Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir" as Girly called it, because it's forever in your mind linked to that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2016, 07:20 PM
I am currently doing something really really exciting in my life.

Wait for it.

Wait..

I am awaiting the postman.

Oh the thrill of overnight postage when one hopes it'll arrive.

Such a dazzling feeling. The anticipation.......

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-09-2016, 07:21 PM
(21-09-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 06:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  At least you are unconscious during the colonoscopy. The worst part is the prep, having been through two of them.

When the doc says it's time for a colonoscopy, I minimize the pain and discomfort by just saying "No." Drinking Beverage

As for what I'm doing right now, I'm watching a NOVA program on landslides and snacking on unhealthy foods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2016, 07:24 PM
(21-09-2016 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks all, I probably will fast beforehand some...I've seen family members go through this prep before and your all's advice seems like it would definitely help me out. Heard before what you've all said, colonoscopy itself isn't bad, but dear God the prep. I suppose it's one way to lose some weight, but not how I'd appreciate it while getting checked out. Also heard that no one likes the type of gatorade you can mix the ""Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir" as Girly called it, because it's forever in your mind linked to that.

Have a vindaloo for breakfast the day before. She'll be 'right mate.

People may avoid your bodily gasses for a while.

People suck anyway.

Then spend the rest of the day in a building with an elevator. Where you know there is a loo. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-09-2016, 07:27 PM
(21-09-2016 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I minimize the prep pain by fasting for at least 12 hours before I take the "Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir. Of course that means you have to be able to fast for 36-48 hours. But there's no cramping.

When the doc says it's time for a colonoscopy, I minimize the pain and discomfort by just saying "No." Drinking Beverage

As for what I'm doing right now, I'm watching a NOVA program on landslides and snacking on unhealthy foods.

There is zero pain Chas. Just when they give you the initial tiny needle.

You should have seen the cannula in my hand last Tuesday. BIG!

Colonoscopies are shit easy.

Pardon the fart, oops sorry, pun. Wink

Banjo.
21-09-2016, 08:00 PM
(21-09-2016 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks all, I probably will fast beforehand some...I've seen family members go through this prep before and your all's advice seems like it would definitely help me out. Heard before what you've all said, colonoscopy itself isn't bad, but dear God the prep. I suppose it's one way to lose some weight, but not how I'd appreciate it while getting checked out. Also heard that no one likes the type of gatorade you can mix the ""Watch me make piss out of shit" magical elixir" as Girly called it, because it's forever in your mind linked to that.

You aren't going to lose any weight. You will just be less full of shit. Laughat

Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post