What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Grading some papers, teaching another class in 30 minutes. Then office hours, then my 6pm to 9pm class, then bedtime because my stress test is at 8am.

Edit: Tried to give myself an extra hour of sleep there.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-09-2016, 01:10 PM
(26-09-2016 11:26 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Grading some papers, teaching another class in 30 minutes. Then office hours, then my 6pm to 9pm class, then bedtime because my stress test is at 8am.

Here's hoping there's nothing serious during your stress test. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-09-2016, 01:16 PM
(26-09-2016 01:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 11:26 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Grading some papers, teaching another class in 30 minutes. Then office hours, then my 6pm to 9pm class, then bedtime because my stress test is at 8am.

Here's hoping there's nothing serious during your stress test. Thumbsup

Thanks, hoping the same! Never done one before. (And a bit scared honestly, if things don't go well.) I'm hoping that the chest pains are just partially the acid reflux/GERD that they've not found a dosage of meds that work yet, and a left shoulder injury from years ago that radiates pain into my chest periodically.

26-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Hi,

We just finished watching 'Bride of Chucky' and realised that it is an endearing love story with conservative moral undertones.

D.
26-09-2016, 03:25 PM
(26-09-2016 01:16 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 01:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Here's hoping there's nothing serious during your stress test. Thumbsup

Thanks, hoping the same! Never done one before. (And a bit scared honestly, if things don't go well.) I'm hoping that the chest pains are just partially the acid reflux/GERD that they've not found a dosage of meds that work yet, and a left shoulder injury from years ago that radiates pain into my chest periodically.

You are going to be slightly radioactive after the stress test. If you have radiation detectors anywhere around where you will be going for the week following the test, get a note from your doctor. I didn't know about the radiation detectors going to work the day after my stress test (2005) but the guards at the gate pulled me out of traffic, and made me get out of the car, far enough away so that they could tell it was me, and not the car (with a nuclear weapon possibly attached, I guess).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Kakapupu

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-09-2016, 01:20 PM

What grade do you teach? My husband is a teacher. He teaches Shakespeare and acting classes.

To inspire you and the noble profession of teaching you must watch Mae West's foray into the classroom. It starts about 1:25 minutes into the video. It's classic Mae West!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-09-2016, 04:39 PM
(26-09-2016 03:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 01:16 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks, hoping the same! Never done one before. (And a bit scared honestly, if things don't go well.) I'm hoping that the chest pains are just partially the acid reflux/GERD that they've not found a dosage of meds that work yet, and a left shoulder injury from years ago that radiates pain into my chest periodically.

You are going to be slightly radioactive after the stress test. If you have radiation detectors anywhere around where you will be going for the week following the test, get a note from your doctor. I didn't know about the radiation detectors going to work the day after my stress test (2005) but the guards at the gate pulled me out of traffic, and made me get out of the car, far enough away so that they could tell it was me, and not the car (with a nuclear weapon possibly attached, I guess).

Huh, that's reassuring. It went well, they even had a doc who read the results right then, and it came back okay. So basically, we have no clue on the chest pains after stress tests, EKGs, blood samples, and chest X-Rays all came back clean.

(27-09-2016 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

What grade do you teach? My husband is a teacher. He teaches Shakespeare and acting classes.

To inspire you and the noble profession of teaching you must watch Mae West's foray into the classroom. It starts about 1:25 minutes into the video. It's classic Mae West!

Great video, "That ain't right teacher" made me laugh...even if the student was right. Her response to it was perfect too. And for that particularly class, college Freshmen. Sometimes I think my Chair loads me with criminal justice intro courses so she doesn't have to deal with people who still have high school habits (that or she thinks I can connect with them...half my pop culture references fall flat and I'm only a decade older than most of them). The difference between Intro and my students in an upper level theory course are night and day.

I'd say "God bless him" for teaching acting and Shakespeare, but uh...atheist board and all. He's a nicer guy than I; could never do that.

Edit: Also what I'm doing is coming on TTA both to say stress test was fine, and to take a break from grading these tests that make me a sad panda. Seriously, I'm 10 tests in out of 57 and so far six students have marked that my office hours on Wednesday (testing on Syllabus reading as well) are from 12:15am to 1:15am. I stay late, but not that late! Because the campus police turn off all the lights at midnight and tow your car.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-09-2016, 04:53 PM
(27-09-2016 04:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 03:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You are going to be slightly radioactive after the stress test. If you have radiation detectors anywhere around where you will be going for the week following the test, get a note from your doctor. I didn't know about the radiation detectors going to work the day after my stress test (2005) but the guards at the gate pulled me out of traffic, and made me get out of the car, far enough away so that they could tell it was me, and not the car (with a nuclear weapon possibly attached, I guess).

Huh, that's reassuring. It went well, they even had a doc who read the results right then, and it came back okay. So basically, we have no clue on the chest pains after stress tests, EKGs, blood samples, and chest X-Rays all came back clean.

(27-09-2016 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What grade do you teach? My husband is a teacher. He teaches Shakespeare and acting classes.

Great video, "That ain't right teacher" made me laugh...even if the student was right. Her response to it was perfect too. And for that particularly class, college Freshmen. Sometimes I think my Chair loads me with criminal justice intro courses so she doesn't have to deal with people who still have high school habits (that or she thinks I can connect with them...half my pop culture references fall flat and I'm only a decade older than most of them). The difference between Intro and my students in an upper level theory course are night and day.

I'd say "God bless him" for teaching acting and Shakespeare, but uh...atheist board and all. He's a nicer guy than I; could never do that.

Edit: Also what I'm doing is coming on TTA both to say stress test was fine, and to take a break from grading these tests that make me a sad panda. Seriously, I'm 10 tests in out of 57 and so far six students have marked that my office hours on Wednesday (testing on Syllabus reading as well) are from 12:15am to 1:15am. I stay late, but not that late! Because the campus police turn off all the lights at midnight and tow your car.

I went into urgent care years ago with chest pain that turned out to be pulled muscles between some ribs. I was pretty sure it wasn't a heart attack, but they sure as hell hurt for a few days. No idea how I did it.
27-09-2016, 05:54 PM
(27-09-2016 04:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 04:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Huh, that's reassuring. It went well, they even had a doc who read the results right then, and it came back okay. So basically, we have no clue on the chest pains after stress tests, EKGs, blood samples, and chest X-Rays all came back clean.

I went into urgent care years ago with chest pain that turned out to be pulled muscles between some ribs. I was pretty sure it wasn't a heart attack, but they sure as hell hurt for a few days. No idea how I did it.

Good grief, that seems...weird. No clue how you'd do it either. (I have been having a shooting pain in my left side as well, which they've not figured out yet either.)