What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(27-09-2016 05:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 04:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I went into urgent care years ago with chest pain that turned out to be pulled muscles between some ribs. I was pretty sure it wasn't a heart attack, but they sure as hell hurt for a few days. No idea how I did it.

Good grief, that seems...weird. No clue how you'd do it either. (I have been having a shooting pain in my left side as well, which they've not figured out yet either.)

The doctor found it by giving me an EKG and an X-ray first, to rule out a true heart attack. Then she started probing between my ribs with her fingers. Gasp Found it! I felt kind of silly, but it really hurt. Though I did say when I got to the receptionist that I was pretty certain it wasn't a heart attack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-09-2016, 02:47 PM
(27-09-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 05:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Good grief, that seems...weird. No clue how you'd do it either. (I have been having a shooting pain in my left side as well, which they've not figured out yet either.)

The doctor found it by giving me an EKG and an X-ray first, to rule out a true heart attack. Then she started probing between my ribs with her fingers. Gasp Found it! I felt kind of silly, but it really hurt. Though I did say when I got to the receptionist that I was pretty certain it wasn't a heart attack.

Fireball,

That's a good outcome Thumbsup

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
29-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Reverse-engineering the Ark of the Covenant. Gonna melt some faces.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
29-09-2016, 03:39 PM
(28-09-2016 02:47 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The doctor found it by giving me an EKG and an X-ray first, to rule out a true heart attack. Then she started probing between my ribs with her fingers. Gasp Found it! I felt kind of silly, but it really hurt. Though I did say when I got to the receptionist that I was pretty certain it wasn't a heart attack.

Fireball,

That's a good outcome Thumbsup

D.

Yes Thanks! She asked if I had been reaching up over my head to pick up something heavy. But I didn't recall any such activity.
02-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Hi,

I'm drinking a morning lemon juice cocktail that was prescribed by my clairvoyant.

D.
02-10-2016, 11:51 AM
(27-09-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 05:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Good grief, that seems...weird. No clue how you'd do it either. (I have been having a shooting pain in my left side as well, which they've not figured out yet either.)

Super glad it wasn't a heart attack!! Smile And that sounds...unpleasant still though, the literal gasp of pain means you weren't silly at all, something was wrong! Mine, it turns out, is inflammation of the cartilage attached to my ribs. So 30 days of a super strong anti-inflammatory that doesn't actually serve to reduce pain, but should reduce the inflammation.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2016, 09:30 PM
(02-10-2016 11:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The doctor found it by giving me an EKG and an X-ray first, to rule out a true heart attack. Then she started probing between my ribs with her fingers. Gasp Found it! I felt kind of silly, but it really hurt. Though I did say when I got to the receptionist that I was pretty certain it wasn't a heart attack.

Super glad it wasn't a heart attack!! Smile And that sounds...unpleasant still though, the literal gasp of pain means you weren't silly at all, something was wrong! Mine, it turns out, is inflammation of the cartilage attached to my ribs. So 30 days of a super strong anti-inflammatory that doesn't actually serve to reduce pain, but should reduce the inflammation.

Reduction of the inflammation should reduce the pain. Are you sure you didn't overextend during a reach over head while bending your torso? That could cause it, maybe. I'm not an MD, but can observe cause and effect, though sometimes (and in fact, most times), it is after the fact.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-10-2016, 02:42 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to paste a youtube video in here, not just the link but the image of the start of the video?

D.
03-10-2016, 03:12 AM
(03-10-2016 02:42 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I'm trying to paste a youtube video in here, not just the link but the image of the start of the video?

D.

You have the link? Then hit 'reply' and look for the little TV symbol at the top right. Click the drop down arrow and you can select youtube.

Alternatively just use tags as shown: [ video=youtube ] http://yourlinkhere [ /video ] I added spaces so the tags actually show up in my post.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I hate grading tests...
(02-10-2016 09:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 11:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Super glad it wasn't a heart attack!! Smile And that sounds...unpleasant still though, the literal gasp of pain means you weren't silly at all, something was wrong! Mine, it turns out, is inflammation of the cartilage attached to my ribs. So 30 days of a super strong anti-inflammatory that doesn't actually serve to reduce pain, but should reduce the inflammation.

Reduction of the inflammation should reduce the pain. Are you sure you didn't overextend during a reach over head while bending your torso? That could cause it, maybe. I'm not an MD, but can observe cause and effect, though sometimes (and in fact, most times), it is after the fact.

Reasonably sur at least. Though doing some basic core stretches are part of the doc's suggestion to go with anti-inflammation meds.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user