What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Is this a sled type for cross cutting full sheets? One of my favorite saw accessories is an ironing board, or two or three. I pick up free ones on Craigslist. They make perfect saw side tables on either side of the chop saw, or out tables for the table saw. They are infinitely adjustable in height, so you can get set up perfectly with no fuss on a remote site. When you are done they fold up and hang on the wall or whatever.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:21 AM by Fireball.)
(11-12-2016 10:05 PM)skyking Wrote:  Is this a sled type for cross cutting full sheets? One of my favorite saw accessories is an ironing board, or two or three. I pick up free ones on Craigslist. They make perfect saw side tables on either side of the chop saw, or out tables for the table saw. They are infinitely adjustable in height, so you can get set up perfectly with no fuss on a remote site. When you are done they fold up and hang on the wall or whatever.

If you are replying to me, yes, sort of. For cutting full sheets, I have a guide that clamps onto a sheet of plywood. I like that ironing board idea! I have shit for room in the garage, and am in fact getting rid of my weight bench and dumb bells, as they are taking up too much room. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a gym membership. Dodgy I hate spending the money, but I gotta do it.

The jig I was talking about sits in the miter slots and is a guide for a sled that I use for wood pieces that I want cut very precisely, like drawer parts for my wood carving tool chest, or small boxes for gifts. I spent a fair amount of time dialing that thing in; it is accurate to about 4 thousandths of an inch over a 10" cut. That is the point of diminishing returns for the effort.
12-12-2016, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:35 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Just took some alka seltzer since I have a pretty bad cold. Usually don't get sick but what can ya do. Enjoying the quietness of the house. Let's hope the dogs nextdoor don't bark. There's an especially whiny one that sounds like it has issues too. Don't have anything against dogs, though. Tongue
12-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi,

Took the Thunderace up to 140mph yesterday (private road).

Since the big accident 2 years ago I've been gradually building confidence again and it seems to be in increments of 10mph. The Ace is good for 160mph, so I'm getting there. Wind force is a problem on this bike, with the low screen and wide bars. Maybe a mistake to be wearing a backpack, as it grabs even when I'm tucked in.

Still, that's a personal best on this bike, and I'm very satisfied, given the short stretch of road that I have to work with. Smile

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
12-12-2016, 07:47 AM
(11-12-2016 10:37 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(11-12-2016 10:27 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Rewatching Jesus Camp and essentially snowed in. Missed Mass and A Christmas Carol last night because the estimated 6-12 inches of snow started and I came home (rightfully it turned out, 30 minutes into when I would've been at Mass, everything was covered). Winter storm warning through 8pm.

Hug

Is 69' F and 79% humidity at 3:30 AM on a Monday morning here.

.Temps estimate 95'F by Tuesday......

I would say I'm envious except for two words "at work." Tongue But enjoy that gorgeous warm weather!

Sitting in the office reading student emails of "I can't make it" and thinking, "I got here."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 07:57 AM
At work.

(12-12-2016 07:47 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 10:37 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hug

Is 69' F and 79% humidity at 3:30 AM on a Monday morning here.

.Temps estimate 95'F by Tuesday......

I would say I'm envious except for two words "at work." Tongue But enjoy that gorgeous warm weather!

Sitting in the office reading student emails of "I can't make it" and thinking, "I got here."

No need to feel envious. Those are some night time temperatures. Luckily I am now working Night shift.

Tomorrow 'Wednesday' is forecast to be 35' C or even higher.

I shall make sure to run home and turn up the air conditioning!

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Sitting in my trailer at a friend's shop 100 miles from home, preparing to pull the engine out of the truck.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
12-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Watching videos on how to gift-wrap round objects, like cookie tins and such. Secret Santa time is nigh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 09:24 PM
(12-12-2016 09:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  Sitting in my trailer at a friend's shop 100 miles from home, preparing to pull the engine out of the truck.

Well, there goes a shit-ton of money. Facepalm
13-12-2016, 05:10 AM
When you're tired but you still have to practice:

Works every time.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."