What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(30-08-2016 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In a virtual meeting discussing our research projects for next fiscal. We're looking to use Unity to remotely transfer tactical hand signals and low resource language translation visually over 3000 miles.

You make it sound like you are figuring out how to shoot someone the bird via FaceTime. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-08-2016, 02:46 PM
NOT AT WORK!

Banana_zorro

Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Peebothuhul's post
30-08-2016, 03:54 PM
(30-08-2016 02:46 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  NOT AT WORK!

Banana_zorro

Big Grin

Will wonders ever cease. Bowing

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-08-2016, 04:01 PM
(30-08-2016 02:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In a virtual meeting discussing our research projects for next fiscal. We're looking to use Unity to remotely transfer tactical hand signals and low resource language translation visually over 3000 miles.

You make it sound like you are figuring out how to shoot someone the bird via FaceTime. Big Grin

That's about right. Except we are looking to dance together. Asked my boss "what is the difference between VR and MxR?" "VR is the avatars dancing based on keyboard input. MxR is the avatars' movements are controlled by a bunch of IMUs. And You can actually feel my hand via your tactile sensor." There was a collective "ewwww". But it was a good answer.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Damn, Girly, don't you ever just relax? You seem like you never just chill, brother.

I am currently trying to perfect my guitar work on "Sultans of Swing" because Mark Knopfler is a God. I'm a metal head but Mark is amazing. Love trying to play his licks...I swear he has 25 fingers. Big Grin
30-08-2016, 07:06 PM
We managed to find both hazelnuts and black walnuts during our afternoon foraging. We also snatched a shitload of small, sour apples. They're probably not wild, not originally anyway, but we found the trees near an old unused logging trail and some long abandoned, crumbling cabins. They'll probably make good jelly combined with some cranberries my girlfriend froze and is looking for something to do with.

I also showed my son how to find grubs in bark and rotting wood. He wasn't too keen on trying one though, even though I told him they're kind of like nutty shrimp... He hasn't tried shrimp, though, so it was probably a bad comparison.

So right now I'm preparing the day's catch, so to speak, minus the grubs Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-08-2016, 07:31 PM
(30-08-2016 04:06 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Damn, Girly, don't you ever just relax? You seem like you never just chill, brother.

I am being treated for anhedonia and psychomotor retardation. End state is catatonic. Can't chill much more than that brotherman. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-08-2016, 07:54 PM
(30-08-2016 07:06 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We managed to find both hazelnuts and black walnuts during our afternoon foraging. We also snatched a shitload of small, sour apples. They're probably not wild, not originally anyway, but we found the trees near an old unused logging trail and some long abandoned, crumbling cabins. They'll probably make good jelly combined with some cranberries my girlfriend froze and is looking for something to do with.

I also showed my son how to find grubs in bark and rotting wood. He wasn't too keen on trying one though, even though I told him they're kind of like nutty shrimp... He hasn't tried shrimp, though, so it was probably a bad comparison.

Sour apples make the best pies... or just baked apples. (Cheat and stick one in the micro to test the flavor. Add some sugar and cinnamon as needed.)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2016, 07:55 PM
(30-08-2016 07:06 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We managed to find both hazelnuts and black walnuts during our afternoon foraging. We also snatched a shitload of small, sour apples. They're probably not wild, not originally anyway, but we found the trees near an old unused logging trail and some long abandoned, crumbling cabins. They'll probably make good jelly combined with some cranberries my girlfriend froze and is looking for something to do with.

How big are the grubs? Maybe you can pass them off as puffed rice, if you cook 'em right. If you have the means, cooking them is better, as it will kill any weird stuff living in them.
30-08-2016, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 08:29 PM by yakherder.)
(30-08-2016 07:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

How big are the grubs? Maybe you can pass them off as puffed rice, if you cook 'em right. If you have the means, cooking them is better, as it will kill any weird stuff living in them.

Found quite a few different types. Some indeed about the size of rice grains, others like jumbo shrimp. Nothing like the monsters I've seen at street vendors in Eastern Asia. I wouldn't eat them raw unless I was in a real bad situation Tongue. Some insects I'll eat raw if they're easy to clean. With crickets, for example, if you just hold them with their belly facing up, grab their head, and pull, it comes off with the innards attached nice and easy along with any brain or intestinal parasites they might have.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post