What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Just came back from Tuesday night Icelandic class with a brain full of plural nouns and adjectives. Blink

When I got home, I finished constructing the chicken soup that had been slow-cooking in a pot in the oven (remove bones, add seasonings, add matzo balls, omnomnom!)

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
24-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Sitting on the sofa watching the movie "Burnt" and wondering if restaurants are really like that. My dog is next to me sleeping and looking impossibly cute.
Find all posts by this user
24-01-2017, 11:18 PM
(24-01-2017 10:23 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Just came back from Tuesday night Icelandic class with a brain full of plural nouns and adjectives. Blink

Um, you are Icelandic right? Is Icelandic as a language not so widely spoken any more?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-01-2017, 11:52 PM
(24-01-2017 11:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um, you are Icelandic right? Is Icelandic as a language not so widely spoken any more?

There's actually quite a large Icelandic community here in Manitoba, and I feel a strong draw towards Iceland, but it's not my mother tongue.

I'm actually Norwegian-Scot-Canadian, raised in Quebec by anglophone parents and never having the opportunity to speak Norwegian or any other Scandinavian language to my grandfather (never knew my grandmother on that side, as she passed away when my mom was about 10 years old). Icelandic is the fifth language for which I've taken actual classes (in order of appearance: English mother tongue, then 9 years of French in school, then 2 sessions of Mandarin, then Irish Gaelic, and now a second term of classes in Icelandic. (I also acquired some pretty good Esperanto somewhere along the way, IIRC in the late 1980s when I was chatting to another language geek on a local BBS.)

I can actually read quite a bit of Icelandic now, with the conversational lagging behind a bit (but pronunciation is good when reading written material aloud). Our teacher's going heavy into the grammar up front so that we have a better understanding of how the language fits together, and one by one all the pieces are falling into place.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
25-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Looking for a summer holiday, maybe somerset this yearYes
25-01-2017, 06:40 AM
See my most recent post in random thoughts regarding the voice recorder. Now guess what I'm doing.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-01-2017, 06:42 AM
(25-01-2017 06:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  See my most recent post in random thoughts regarding the voice recorder. Now guess what I'm doing.

[Image: goodpoopin.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Just spent two hours with one of our dept. minors, whose main adviser for his major isn't here, helping him understand how to schedule things properly and stuff, try to work around his only wanting certain days and times, and having to try not to say anything because he's a Biology major who doesn't believe in evolution.

Need to think of a witty signature.
25-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Looking at the photojournal website NASA has. It's a website where you can find images and animations taken by all of their equipment weather it be a telescope or spacecraft and you can filter based on Subject of photo or what took the photo.

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-01-2017, 03:02 PM
I thought it supposed to be "What are you wearing right now?"
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.