What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(04-02-2017 07:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Agreed. Sad If they just let them improv the whole thing it could've been far better.

Exactly. I can’t believe they made them all unfunny, I didn’t think it was possible.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Finished the primer paint on the roof of my truck. Applied the seam sealer and scratched the primer in a couple spots. Angry Now I have to fix those scratches (will finish tomorrow) so that I can paint the color coat, then reinstall the windshield. I have to have it done before Saturday the 11th, so the new camper shell can be installed. All the wind and rain we've had recently has caused a lot of delay.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
04-02-2017, 09:27 PM
This morning I went to band practice. For the first 2 hours we had a combined practice of the more senior groups, so we split into sectionals and then came back to perform some new pieces as the full ensemble. (Think of it as speed dating for sheet music.) Got to rehearse and play with the flute players in the advanced group, which is cool because I've only seriously been doing flute since September. For the last hour I switched to sax and played in the jazz band, with more new music including "Route 66."

Then I dropped off my gear at home and hurried back out to a dentist appointment, and after that I picked up some groceries. When I got home I did some online investment stuff, made a new spreadsheet to track net worth (spoiler: it's positive Cool ) and stuck some chicken legs in the oven to bake.

If it's not too frightfully cold tomorrow morning, I'm going snowshoeing -- and even if it is cold I might go anyway for a short tromp and then retreat to a coffee shop.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
04-02-2017, 09:35 PM
(04-02-2017 09:27 PM)Astreja Wrote:  This morning I went to band practice. For the first 2 hours we had a combined practice of the more senior groups, so we split into sectionals and then came back to perform some new pieces as the full ensemble. (Think of it as speed dating for sheet music.) Got to rehearse and play with the flute players in the advanced group, which is cool because I've only seriously been doing flute since September. For the last hour I switched to sax and played in the jazz band, with more new music including "Route 66."

Then I dropped off my gear at home and hurried back out to a dentist appointment, and after that I picked up some groceries. When I got home I did some online investment stuff, made a new spreadsheet to track net worth (spoiler: it's positive Cool ) and stuck some chicken legs in the oven to bake.

If it's not too frightfully cold tomorrow morning, I'm going snowshoeing -- and even if it is cold I might go anyway for a short tromp and then retreat to a coffee shop.

Wow!
A musician, investor, cook and an outdoorsman...I’m impressed.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-02-2017, 09:59 PM
(04-02-2017 09:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A musician, investor, cook and an outdoorsman...I’m impressed.

It gets worse -- I've been a barmy polymath for decades. Hard to find something that I haven't tried at least once. I mostly identify as a musician, although my day job involves typing medical reports all the live-long day.

The outdoors stuff (not only the snowshoes but also cross-country skiing) is relatively new, but it seems to be a form of low- or zero-impact fitness my poor knees and ankles not only tolerate but thrive on.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
05-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Pondering what sort of students I have that one thinks I'm pushing a political agenda by posting the flyer for the university's annual Holocaust Studies Award.

Need to think of a witty signature.
05-02-2017, 10:10 AM
soaking a sore toe in epsom salts and watching Sunday Morning.
05-02-2017, 10:40 AM
At work.

Is 3:30 on a Monday morning.

Temperature hasn't been below 25' C all night. Humidity is rising again.

Bleargh. ( -_-)
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
05-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Go through files on my computer while trying to keep my dog off of it. Luckily he's short.
[+] 1 user Likes Thatconservativeatheist's post
06-02-2017, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 10:04 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Typing up blank attendance sheets. People with already long names who hyphenate are the ruin of my sign in sheets. Between three of my students with the longest names in my first class of the morning, there would be 21 characters left if I tried to tweet their names. Also, snarky coworker thinks since our papers are too difficult, maybe they'd prefer tweeting in papers. "Here's my paper. It's the best, it's YUUUUGGGEEEE".

Edit: Just misgendered a genderfluid student while standing in front of a projector and unable to see people properly and I feel like an asshole.

Need to think of a witty signature.