What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Decided to read my daily Bible reading in ye olde office hours real quick and came across the weirdest thing in Leviticus:
Quote:Leviticus 14:50-53

He shall kill one of the birds over fresh water in a clay pot. Then he is to take the cedar wood, the hyssop, the scarlet yarn and the live bird, dip them into the blood of the dead bird and the fresh water, and sprinkle the house seven times. He shall purify the house with the bird’s blood, the fresh water, the live bird, the cedar wood, the hyssop and the scarlet yarn. Then he is to release the live bird in the open fields outside the town. In this way he will make atonement for the house, and it will be clean.”

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Got my new camper shell installed on Saturday. Threw my back out installing last-minute items before driving the 70 miles there. Couldn't stand up straight when I got to the shop, and then had to knock around for 7 hours until it was ready. Then the ride home. I get home and the wife tells me that the left brake light and turn signal don't work (same filament in the bulb). They worked before I left, as I checked all the lights before leaving. So, I'm out there today with a back brace on, crawling around underneath looking for the open in the circuit. Turns out that the guy ham-fisted the wiring when he installed the wires for the interior lights, pulling the wire out of the back of the connector at the stop light assembly. Had to pull that out and repair it. He also ran wires all the way to the battery for the lights. I pointed to the wiring pig tail at the front of the bed that is there specifically for that purpose, as my truck came from the factory with camper wiring built-in. He didn't have to go underneath and do anything, if he had used the factory wiring. Now, I have to undo his hatchet job (as far as I am concerned, that is how that wiring looks) and wire it right, to the pigtail. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-02-2017, 10:45 AM
I've decided to take up sewing.

A couple years back my girlfriend's mother got a new sewing machine and gave her the old (but still perfectly good) one in the hopes that she'd figure out how to use it, but it's just been sitting there ever since and I never really gave it a second thought. So today I found a small tear in one of my uniform pants pockets and threw it in the "take to be hemmed/repaired" drawer, which has now accumulated about 6 items. I was gonna go ahead and take the pile to get repaired but my girlfriend jokingly reminded me that we have a sewing machine and I figure what the hell? Why keep wasting the money for what are probably very simple repairs? I've done it by hand out in the sticks plenty of times, and I like to think I'm relatively smart, so I threw it all back in the drawer and I'm ordering a beginners book and I'm gonna figure this shit out.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Screwing around on the AF Slack channel and trawling these here forums. I always mean to post here more...

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes SteelCurtain's post
26-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Watching "Twister" in memory of Bill Paxton.
[+] 2 users Like beeglez's post
26-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Sitting at work in the Fire House. Just waiting on the next runUndecided

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
26-02-2017, 03:03 PM
(20-02-2017 10:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've decided to take up sewing.

A couple years back my girlfriend's mother got a new sewing machine and gave her the old (but still perfectly good) one in the hopes that she'd figure out how to use it, but it's just been sitting there ever since and I never really gave it a second thought. So today I found a small tear in one of my uniform pants pockets and threw it in the "take to be hemmed/repaired" drawer, which has now accumulated about 6 items. I was gonna go ahead and take the pile to get repaired but my girlfriend jokingly reminded me that we have a sewing machine and I figure what the hell? Why keep wasting the money for what are probably very simple repairs? I've done it by hand out in the sticks plenty of times, and I like to think I'm relatively smart, so I threw it all back in the drawer and I'm ordering a beginners book and I'm gonna figure this shit out.

If you have questions, I may be able to help.

Do you have the manual for the machine you have? About the only difference in older sewing machines (simple ones) is how to route your thread correctly. Pretty basic stuff. I am still using a little portable I bout 30 years ago at the PX. It does some fancy stuff I have never used.

Dances is also someone who sews and she probably has come pointers too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-02-2017, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 03:25 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Grading tests. Sad One of my evals from last semester said my pennmanship wasn't the best, but these kids have never read their classmates' signatures. I literally sat one test aside after trying to read it for a few minutes, so that I can see who still has an empty grade blank and see if some part of the signature resembles one of those instead of a line of sideways Zs.

Edit: Have 4 people left, I can't match even a single letter from this kid's signature to any of their names. Going to have to find a way to gently ask on Monday.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Trying to get some work done since I missed a couple days due to being sick. After nine hours yesterday I am a bit less motivated today. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Watching Conan, then will watch Always Sunny. Then will listen to music and go to sleep. Then another work day. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post