What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
In an uber in the outskirts of Atlanta heading to visit friends.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Winding down after a fun St. Patrick's day session. It was also the last day of the Cheltenham horse racing festival. Things started off pretty bad but I had a winner in the final race, also had a winner in the last at Wolverhampton, so happy days. Just one more for the road, cheers.....Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Hung out at the mall and spent a grand total of $23 for snackies and half a pound of coffee to take home. Washed the dishes, then checked my online investments and bought a few more shares of an index fund I already hold.

(5:30 was more interesting, though. I was down in the living room practising a sax solo for "Route 66.")

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2017, 05:33 PM
At the armoury for what was expected to be my last day in the Army since my responsibilities at my civilian(ish) job in Canada make it impractical to take time off and leave the country every month.

But... At the last minute they gave me an interesting offer. Transfer away from my cavalry unit and into a non deployable RTI unit and, instead of training every month, come in once or twice per year to teach a two or three week course for the next 5 years to finish off my retirement. I get a fancy badge but would have to give up my stetson :/ I have two days to decide before my official end date.

Dangling the bait in front of me, and I want to bite. My girlfriend is gonna be pissed. Probably my work too. But I hate leaving this close to retirement when a realistic option is available.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
10-05-2017, 05:48 PM
(10-05-2017 05:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  At the armoury for what was expected to be my last day in the Army since my responsibilities at my civilian(ish) job in Canada make it impractical to take time off and leave the country every month.

But... At the last minute they gave me an interesting offer. Transfer away from my cavalry unit and into a non deployable RTI unit and, instead of training every month, come in once or twice per year to teach a two or three week course for the next 5 years to finish off my retirement. I get a fancy badge but would have to give up my stetson :/ I have two days to decide before my official end date.

Dangling the bait in front of me, and I want to bite. My girlfriend is gonna be pissed. Probably my work too. But I hate leaving this close to retirement when a realistic option is available.

It's only once or twice per year and only for two or three weeks. And it's something you enjoy doing. It seems like a good opportunity for you. I understand that means she's going to be home with the kids and that's a lot on one person, but maybe if you offer her "a time off" as well, where you pick up the slack and she just gets to relax away from the kids to recharge, maybe go away with her friends for a girl's weekend or something. Maybe that's something she would be more open to.
Anyway, just an idea Big Grin

Congrats on your job offer and Good luck! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Starting to pack up the dorm.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
10-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Posting here for the first time in like 9 months and munching on sunflower seeds.
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
10-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Started trekking up a steep learning-curve hill, trying to teach myself how to enter notes and rests on a music scoring program I just installed on my computer. Got an instrumental I wrote in days of yore for rock band (guitar/drums/bass/organ) and am re-orchestrating it for concert band. Haven't tried importing the old MIDI file directly into the program yet; working from memory to see if I can come up with something better.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I did not end up taking the proverbial bait. Today is officially my first day as a civilian. Weeping

Kind of. I still have 3 years of inactive reserve status during which they could potentially call me back, though it's unlikely. Maybe I'll get lucky and WW3 will break out and I'll have my excuse. Otherwise, it's time to start looking for something besides a career in corrections ( No ) now that I don't have my responsibilities to the military limiting my options.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-05-2017, 12:02 PM
(15-05-2017 11:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I did not end up taking the proverbial bait. Today is officially my first day as a civilian. Weeping

Kind of. I still have 3 years of inactive reserve status during which they could potentially call me back, though it's unlikely. Maybe I'll get lucky and WW3 will break out and I'll have my excuse. Otherwise, it's time to start looking for something besides a career in corrections ( No ) now that I don't have my responsibilities to the military limiting my options.

Yeah but you're still and will always be the extreme yakherder Yes And now you have more time to prepare for the zombie apocalypse Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi