What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2017, 11:01 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Trying to get my mind off crisis managemen mode so I can fall asleep before it's time to go back to work lol. Why don't we have off buttons?

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
19-05-2017, 12:21 AM
(18-05-2017 11:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Trying to get my mind off crisis managemen mode so I can fall asleep before it's time to go back to work lol. Why don't we have off buttons?

Hug I hope things improve for you. Sleep can be so difficult to catch sometimes.
19-05-2017, 03:30 AM
Sitting here with insomnia again. The stress of my job won't let me sleep for more than 3-4 hrs at a time. I swear I cannot remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. I get no sleep at the Fire Station since the alarm is directly over my bed so I'm up for 24 hrs straight. Then I come home and I've been up since 2:30 am. I hate taking sleep aids as they make me feel worse than if I didn't get any sleep at all.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
19-05-2017, 04:03 AM
I'm working and it is sooooo boring I decided to come back here and give you guys a big HELLO AGAIN!

I'm so bored all day long...

Boring, boring,boring...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
19-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Good to see you're not dead bro.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Yak, Aliza, and RVM,

Have you guys tried meditation? The Honest Guys have a really good meditation series on YouTube. One of their videos is a meditation sleep talk down. I also had trouble sleeping awhile ago due to some stressful events in my life at the time, but I have to say that sleep talk down works!

I've also recently been getting into Thai massage and learning the techniques. I've been practicing on my boyfriend and he's out like a light. Maybe asking your wives or girlfriends to give you a quick massage before bed would help you to disconnect from the day? I know Tarts is away now Aliza, and if you lived closer I'd give you one Smile

And of course, yoga is also helpful. Wink Ya know I had to throw that in Big Grin

Hugs to all of you and I hope you get some zzzzzs!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-05-2017, 07:44 AM
(19-05-2017 07:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yak, Aliza, and RVM,

Have you guys tried meditation? The Honest Guys have a really good meditation series on YouTube. One of their videos is a meditation sleep talk down. I also had trouble sleeping awhile ago due to some stressful events in my life at the time, but I have to say that sleep talk down works!

I've also recently been getting into Thai massage and learning the techniques. I've been practicing on my boyfriend and he's out like a light. Maybe asking your wives or girlfriends to give you a quick massage before bed would help you to disconnect from the day? I know Tarts is away now Aliza, and if you lived closer I'd give you one Smile

And of course, yoga is also helpful. Wink Ya know I had to throw that in Big Grin

Doesn't help at all if your mind is running amok once you lie down. Daily problems can be a bummer that chase you right into your dreams. I never have any problems falling asleep, but it's a long time since my sleep wasn't interrupted by dreams that wake me up two or three times a night.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
19-05-2017, 07:50 AM
(19-05-2017 07:44 AM)abaris Wrote:  

Doesn't help at all if your mind is running amok once you lie down. Daily problems can be a bummer that chase you right into your dreams. I never have any problems falling asleep, but it's a long time since my sleep wasn't interrupted by dreams that wake me up two or three times a night.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, I'm only offering advice on what worked for me (and my bf) when my mind was running amok as I was trying to drift off to sleep. Sometimes diverting your attention off the playlist of the day via meditation and giving your mind something else to think about can help.

Yoga and massage can be helpful to loosen stressed muscles because oftentimes not being able to sleep, relax, and unwind can be due to holding onto all the stresses from the day physically (as well as mentally). Sometimes loosening stressed muscles can help the body (and the mind) start to relax and when you relax, you are better able to drift off to sleep.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
19-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but right now at this point in time I don't think there is anything out there that will help with my sleep patterns until this stress subsides. I'm in the process of retiring early and it is one of the most stressful situations that I've been in. It is of my doing and the constant worry of jumping through all the hoops correctly has me so on edge right now that I can not take my mind off of it. Once this is over the stress will be gone and hopefully sleep will follow. Until then... it sucks.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
19-05-2017, 12:54 PM
(19-05-2017 12:08 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  

Thanks for the suggestion but right now at this point in time I don't think there is anything out there that will help with my sleep patterns until this stress subsides. I'm in the process of retiring early and it is one of the most stressful situations that I've been in. It is of my doing and the constant worry of jumping through all the hoops correctly has me so on edge right now that I can not take my mind off of it. Once this is over the stress will be gone and hopefully sleep will follow. Until then... it sucks.

I hope retirement comes soon for you Hug