What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(19-05-2017 07:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yak, Aliza, and RVM,

Have you guys tried meditation? The Honest Guys have a really good meditation series on YouTube. One of their videos is a meditation sleep talk down. I also had trouble sleeping awhile ago due to some stressful events in my life at the time, but I have to say that sleep talk down works!

I've also recently been getting into Thai massage and learning the techniques. I've been practicing on my boyfriend and he's out like a light. Maybe asking your wives or girlfriends to give you a quick massage before bed would help you to disconnect from the day? I know Tarts is away now Aliza, and if you lived closer I'd give you one Smile

And of course, yoga is also helpful. Wink Ya know I had to throw that in Big Grin

Hugs to all of you and I hope you get some zzzzzs!

I've tried meditation recently. All that happens is I feel like I'm spinning in two directions at once like a barrel ride at the carnival.

Not that I'm complaining. I do feel a little better afterwards.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2017, 02:26 PM
(19-05-2017 02:07 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 07:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yak, Aliza, and RVM,

Have you guys tried meditation? The Honest Guys have a really good meditation series on YouTube. One of their videos is a meditation sleep talk down. I also had trouble sleeping awhile ago due to some stressful events in my life at the time, but I have to say that sleep talk down works!

I've also recently been getting into Thai massage and learning the techniques. I've been practicing on my boyfriend and he's out like a light. Maybe asking your wives or girlfriends to give you a quick massage before bed would help you to disconnect from the day? I know Tarts is away now Aliza, and if you lived closer I'd give you one Smile

And of course, yoga is also helpful. Wink Ya know I had to throw that in Big Grin

Hugs to all of you and I hope you get some zzzzzs!

I've tried meditation recently. All that happens is I feel like I'm spinning in two directions at once like a barrel ride at the carnival.

What kind of meditation are you doing? Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Enjoying a Crispin's Brown's Lane dry English cider.
19-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Actually, I'm taking a 15 minute break from work. I'm cutting fabric for a swag and now I'm watching the Entrance of the Shades from La Bayadere. This is the scene in which the leading male character is smoking a hookah pipe with opium and through his hazy hallucination he dreams of the smoke coming to life and this is what he sees in his dream. This simple dance is of the most difficult things to do. The lead Shade does 40 arabesques in a row.....on the same leg! Ouch.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-05-2017, 03:24 PM
(19-05-2017 02:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 02:07 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I've tried meditation recently. All that happens is I feel like I'm spinning in two directions at once like a barrel ride at the carnival.

What kind of meditation are you doing? Laugh out load

I get my instruction from Arch-Traitor Bluefluke's psychonaut field manual (ignoring the "chaos magic" woo and sticking to the meditation).

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Stuffing my face with a chocolate cupcake Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-05-2017, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2017 05:32 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Just remembered the hard way why it's a bad idea in the original Starcraft to ground rush a bridge held by the Terrans. :/ Now going to try to catch (somewhat, considering I'm two months behind or so) up on some of my Daily Bible reading...yay...Judges...who doesn't enjoy some Jepthah burning his daughter alive, iron chariots, and a long succession of Israelites who keep turning from the Lord and getting smacked down for it?

Edit: Procrastinating and signed up on Meetup.com. It suggested to me that I join the local "Naked Yoga" group. No thanks. No naked yoga for me! Edit2: "New moms 20-30s and pregnancy group!" ...no. Edit 3: For goodness sake, is the only sane or non-parenting meetup group in this area the atheist one?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
19-05-2017, 05:42 PM
(19-05-2017 04:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just remembered the hard way why it's a bad idea in the original Starcraft to ground rush a bridge held by the Terrans. :/ Now going to try to catch (somewhat, considering I'm two months behind or so) up on some of my Daily Bible reading...yay...Judges...who doesn't enjoy some Jepthah burning his daughter alive, iron chariots, and a long succession of Israelites who keep turning from the Lord and getting smacked down for it?

Edit: Procrastinating and signed up on Meetup.com. It suggested to me that I join the local "Naked Yoga" group. No thanks. No naked yoga for me! Edit2: "New moms 20-30s and pregnancy group!" ...no. Edit 3: For goodness sake, is the only sane or non-parenting meetup group in this area the atheist one?

C'mon, do the naked yoga.

It's like... um... Gnostic Christianity. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
19-05-2017, 05:51 PM
(19-05-2017 04:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just remembered the hard way why it's a bad idea in the original Starcraft to ground rush a bridge held by the Terrans. :/ Now going to try to catch (somewhat, considering I'm two months behind or so) up on some of my Daily Bible reading...yay...Judges...who doesn't enjoy some Jepthah burning his daughter alive, iron chariots, and a long succession of Israelites who keep turning from the Lord and getting smacked down for it?

Naked yoga's fun Tongue Just think of all the interesting, flexible people you'll meet Wink

Edit: I've only done naked yoga with my boyfriend. I wear yoga pants and top to my classes Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-05-2017, 05:51 PM
(19-05-2017 05:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

C'mon, do the naked yoga.

It's like... um... Gnostic Christianity. Big Grin

...Gnosticism? Who are you, the embodiment of Meetup's suggestions? Tongue And no, no naked yoga with my fat body.

(19-05-2017 05:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Naked yoga's fun Tongue Just think of all the interesting, flexible people you'll meet Wink

People who will never be able to unsee what has been seen. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post