What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Resurrecting my 2nd laptop this week, this time for my roommate. Patient this time is a circa 2010 Sony Vaio. Format and fresh installation of Windows 7, full suite of free maintenance programs (Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes, etc.), driver and BIOS updates, and a GOG copy of The Elders Scrolls 3: Morrowind. I like to share, I'm nice like that.

[Image: tumblr_n9zx2xBgQT1rcwa0zo4_250.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2016, 08:28 AM
(30-08-2016 10:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 08:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Found quite a few different types. Some indeed about the size of rice grains, others like jumbo shrimp. Nothing like the monsters I've seen at street vendors in Eastern Asia. I wouldn't eat them raw unless I was in a real bad situation Tongue. Some insects I'll eat raw if they're easy to clean. With crickets, for example, if you just hold them with their belly facing up, grab their head, and pull, it comes off with the innards attached nice and easy along with any brain or intestinal parasites they might have.

S'what I'm saying. You have to eat to live, and it might make you sick. Cooking works wonders for that. How many parasites do snakes have? I have uncles who had to do all the survival training offered by the US. I know guys who have eaten ants/lizards/snakes to survive.

Heck I'll eat them for fun Tongue. Last month we did some survival training and, though the main focus was catching and preparing small game, plus a few chickens we brought just in case we didn't catch enough to let everyone prepare something, I also dug up an ant hill to show everyone how to prepare them. If you can find some wild leek or someone and sizzle it with the ants until they're nice and crispy, perhaps even using some fat from the small game to fry them (duck or turkey fat works pretty good, though both were off limits), I think it actually tastes good. For those who can't stomach it, I showed them how to grind up a big bowl full of various cooked til crispy insects into something of a protein powder. Not most people's first choice either, but the more exploitative and creative you are with what you have available, the more you realize there's actually a lot of food out there.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
31-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Just set aside some tomato seeds to dry for next year's garden expansion. We had quite a productive garden this summer considering we've only lived in this house a few months, transferring mostly new plants into the yard when we move here.

'Murican Canadian
31-08-2016, 08:42 AM
Drinking a morning cup of tea, eating toast and trying to type this post while my cat, Cleo is on my lap. I have two sofa pillows stacked next to me and my laptop is on top of the pillows while I'm half twisted sideways to type.

"Oh Cleo. You're so cute but I can't type very well here". She's totally ensconced in her cat dreams and not listening to me at all. Angry

What am I gonna do. What can I do. Sadcryface Heart Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-08-2016, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2016 01:07 PM by Fireball.)
Just got back from a bike ride. I was sick with a cold and sore throat for two weeks and am feeling the loss of condition after that ride. Now I gotta get that condition back.

ETA- lunchtime. Lamb Vindaloo! Drooling
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
31-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Well I awoke around 3.30 or 4 am. Lay there for a while trying to sleep. Had one of my tablets to sleep. Lay there for an hour. Realised it was then 5 am and decided I may as well just get up. Made a very strong Lebanese coffee to counteract the pill and am now posting this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
31-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm supposed to be working, I have a movie paused in another tab, wanted to check out the forum real quick and probably going back to the movie.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
31-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Leg lifts Flex

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-08-2016, 04:14 PM
8.14 am? A load of washing.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-08-2016, 05:00 PM
(31-08-2016 04:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  8.14 am? A load of washing.

Mate, I didn’t realize you had your own tribe! Don’t you, as an Elder of the Banjo Tribe, have peeps to do the washing?

[Image: 00oceangallery.ngsversion.1462372226151....1900.1.jpg]
Deep Sea Fishing: An elder of the Banjo tribe hunts for fish off the coast of Sample, Indonesia.
PHOTOGRAPH BY CORY RICHARDS, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/...-swimming/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce