What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(22-05-2017 12:22 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  lying in bed, listening to a gentle rainfall pattering on the windowsill. Sleepy

I love doing that Thumbsup It's even better camping outside in a tent.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 12:47 PM
(21-05-2017 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 07:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Body Like A Back Road."

Narrow and quiet and with some very odd people living in the area?

Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-05-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm supposed to take my evening meds with a meal, so after the news I'm gonna go to Perkins and get an Everything omelette.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
22-05-2017, 10:02 PM
(22-05-2017 12:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 12:22 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  lying in bed, listening to a gentle rainfall pattering on the windowsill. Sleepy

I love doing that Thumbsup It's even better camping outside in a tent.

> Or maybe even inside a woodcutter's thatched, daub and wattle shelter? To wit,

A distant rumbling of thunder! A flash of lightning!

Liv awoke with a start. The blanket and quilt fell to her waist as she half rose from her recumbent position.

“Are you alright?” came Luthillia's voice from the darkness.

“What's happening?” Liv muttered groggily. “Why is it so dark?”

“I blew out the candle after you fell asleep,” Luthillia replied. “It's only a bit of rain. Don't worry, it's just a minor storm. There's no wind, despite the thunder and lightning.

“It's coming down heavily,” Liv groaned. “We're going to be soaked!”

“No, the canvas sheet is holding firm to the thatched roof. I can hear no water dripping inside the shelter. Lie down and cover up before you get cold.”

Unconvinced, Liv ran one hand along the ground until she felt the lower edge of the rear wall of their shelter. Water dripped noisily from the roof's edge. Her fingers encountered nothing but dust and a few dry leaves and twigs. The drainage channel which had been dug around the shelter's outer edge was doing it's job. Satisfied, she lay down and hastily pulled the covers up to her chin.

Another sharp crash of lightning split the night's blackness. Liv observed the sudden flash of white light through cracks in the daub and wattle and shivered, albeit not entirely from the cold.

“Never fear, my sweet Evenstar,” Luthillia cooed, reading Liv's thoughts. “I will keep you warm.

Liv emitted a purr of relief as she found herself once again in Luthillia's embrace, the enchantress' stomach pressed against her back. She felt Luthillia's lips peck gently upon her cheek.

“You must stop this, Luthillia,” Liv sighed reluctantly. “I am not your Evenstar. I am merely Beríadwen. You must not love me in that fashion.”

“Too late!” Luthillia giggled. “I fell in love with you on your first visit to Middle Earth. The second only enhanced it, even though I gave little hint of my true feelings at the time.”

Liv sighed again. “Thank goodness we shall soon be back on our way to Edoras. This is all getting too complicated.”

“That won't be for several hours,” Luthillia purred. “It's still the Middle of the night. Besides, I don't think that Captain Crowe will order the column out after breakfast if the storm continues. The cobblestones on the highway will be far too slippery and dangerous for the horses.”

“So, we'll have to spend another whole day and night together in this musty shed,” Liv muttered. “No doubt, you’d enjoy that.”

“Indeed. Now, go back to sleep. I will keep you warm and safe.”

Liv sighed and closed her eyes, finding the rain's pattering on the canvas roof oddly soothing. Snug in Luthillia's loving embrace, sleep quickly overtook her.

(Excerpt from Queen's Gambit by Karlmir Stonewain) Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
22-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Dying a long slow painful death from man-flu. But also freezing to death. It's a race as to what's gonna kill me first. My money's on the cold.
22-05-2017, 10:48 PM
At work.

(22-05-2017 10:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dying a long slow painful death from man-flu.

Hug
22-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Laying in bed with the laptop crushing my breasts, a slight headache, and waiting for my Australian friend to reply back.
As a running joke with me a her #DamnThemAussies

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
23-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Up in the night to take some medication. I feel like I have a head cold. I wonder if this is a side effect of the new meds. I took a brief look at the med warning page earlier and the list of possible side effects is a long one.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
23-05-2017, 02:34 AM
Sequestered in a hotel room in bumfuck Virginia trying to decide which of these meatheads can actually do something useful with $20 million taxpayer dollars. Fucking meatheads.

#sigh
23-05-2017, 02:47 AM
4:45 a.m. here. I just got up to go to the bathroom and decided to take a quick peek at TTA for any middle-of-the-night activity. Drinking Beverage