What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: What are you doing right now?
Nothing at all. My set top box for cable television is arriving today by UPS, so I've got an 8 hour window to sit around and do nothing.

So bored. Not feeling good today either. Just downright irritable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 09:42 AM
At work.

(07-06-2017 08:58 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  Nothing at all. My set top box for cable television is arriving today by UPS, so I've got an 8 hour window to sit around and do nothing.

So bored. Not feeling good today either. Just downright irritable.

Hug

Um.... yeah.....at work.........
07-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Listening to music. After a year of listening to music through my computer speakers, I finally got up the gumption to tackle hooking up the stereo sound system and speakers, with all its cables and challenges to a person missing nine fingers. It turned out to be an easier job than I had anticipated. So now I'm listening to winamp through a good quality sound system and the difference is like night and day. I'd forgotten how thrilling it is to listen to good music on a good sound system. One victory for today.

Still waiting on the UPS man. [Image: bored.gif]

Another day wasted sitting around doing nothing.
07-06-2017, 01:53 PM
I slept the afternoon away after an overnight shift, I have three whole days off, I'm not answering my phone because I already have so much overtime on this cycle that the law of diminishing returns in regards to the taxes they're gonna take off of it makes it no longer worth getting more, and I'm lying in bed with my cat trying to convince myself to get up and work out before I take a shower and go pick up the kids from daycare.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Craptastic. I hooked up my new cable tv service, and..... nothing. The set top box won't boot up. So I've got to wait until Friday when they install some kind of signal booster, then I can try again. I hate this.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
07-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Feeling really down because I haven't finished my pages for the day yet... and falling further behind, *because* I'm feeling down... and feeling even...

... you get the drift. Dodgy

Big green mouth, I have a similarly annoying problem with my disabled uber account - everything is okay, they say, you should have no problem logging in. No, it's not, I say, it still says my account is disabled, but there shouldn't be a problem, they say and round and round the fucking mulberry bush we go and a) I miss mulberries like crazy (they're in season right now... in a hemisphere far, far away) and b) it's a bloody tree, not a bush and c) I really should be working!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-06-2017, 08:04 PM
(07-06-2017 06:24 PM)big green mouth Wrote:  Craptastic. I hooked up my new cable tv service, and..... nothing. The set top box won't boot up. So I've got to wait until Friday when they install some kind of signal booster, then I can try again. I hate this.

> Modern technology----my ass! Dodgy
07-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Binging horror movies and reveling in the knowledge l can sleep in tomorrow.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
13-07-2017, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 07:35 AM by yakherder.)
Installing a trailer hitch on my girlfriend's car so we can attach a bike rack. I had to go get a thread tap attachment because the bolts are a non standard size so nothing from my existing set of tools fits, and they're filled with rust :/

We're going camping for a few days and have 4 bikes to bring. I scheduled 4 N/A days. The upside to being on call with only 24 or so hours actually scheduled most weeks, even though I generally end up working 60 to 80, is that if I give a few weeks notice I can pretty much take whatever days off I want whether I have vacation to use or not Tongue. I'll just do crazy overtime next week so I don't end up with a gimped paycheck.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Feeding my cat. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post