What are you doing right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: What are you doing right now?
(25-11-2017 11:11 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 11:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just read your edit....I think sleeping in your car is probably a good idea given everything. Just be safe. I hope all calms down quickly. And I think if you just tell work you're just not feeling well, they will understand. I wouldn't get into specifics--I would just say you're not feeling well. If you call them early enough it should be okay. People get sick, it happens.

It'll be tricky because the first people there arrive 30 minutes before I should, so timing will be tricky. I hate not being able to give more notice though Sad

And...thank you. I really don't have very many people to talk to irl, at least at midnight lol.

From your posts you seem like a pretty diligent employee. One time calling out is understandable, especially given all you are dealing with right now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2017, 12:24 AM
(25-11-2017 11:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 11:11 PM)Loom Wrote:  It'll be tricky because the first people there arrive 30 minutes before I should, so timing will be tricky. I hate not being able to give more notice though Sad

And...thank you. I really don't have very many people to talk to irl, at least at midnight lol.

From your posts you seem like a pretty diligent employee. One time calling out is understandable, especially given all you are dealing with right now.

Wellll it's not one time, to be exact. My panic attacks have caused me to call in seversl before. But, they've been very understanding. I really hate to do it again but I just won't be work-ready tomorrow if only for the lack of sleep.

To update, my mom let me come back in through the garage (they had turned off the opener so I had to manually lift it).

I grabbed a couple things, used the restroom, changed clothes, made sure my lizards were ok for the night, got some gorram shoes, and began to head out, but my mom was waiting.

We talked for a bit but my mind was pretty set. I know it hurts her for me to be somewhere she doesn't know, but the atmosphere still felt hostile. Our talk was devolving, and she even said she would call the police ony dad if I left, because he had 'hurt' me. That did it for me. It felt like a threat in order to coerce me to stay.

So I left and now I'm back to parking lot surfing.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.
26-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Loom, I've been running this over and over in my mind for about an hour now. This is clearly a domestic violence situation, especially with the destroyed items and hurting the dogs. Give your local crisis centre a phone call and tell them what you've told us, and they might have some expert advice specific to your situation. For your own safety you need to find somewhere else to live.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
26-11-2017, 12:32 AM
(26-11-2017 12:25 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Loom, I've been running this over and over in my mind for about an hour now. This is clearly a domestic violence situation, especially with the destroyed items and hurting the dogs. Give your local crisis centre a phone call and tell them what you've told us, and they might have some expert advice specific to your situation. For your own safety you need to find somewhere else to live.

I know that's probably something I should do, and this is going to sound like what someone who keeps getting back into an abusive relationship would say, but this is a veeeery rare occurance. 99% of the time we are pretty hunky-dory with one another. Snapping is to be expected, rarely of course, we're only humans after all, but I just jump to terrible, terrible conclusions because I'm such a panicky person.

I want to give everyone some time to cool off before I start making permanent decisions. I'll consider making that call if things don't improve, but I think they'll be better in the morning.

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
26-11-2017, 06:02 AM
(26-11-2017 12:24 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 11:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  From your posts you seem like a pretty diligent employee. One time calling out is understandable, especially given all you are dealing with right now.

Wellll it's not one time, to be exact. My panic attacks have caused me to call in seversl before. But, they've been very understanding. I really hate to do it again but I just won't be work-ready tomorrow if only for the lack of sleep.

To update, my mom let me come back in through the garage (they had turned off the opener so I had to manually lift it).

I grabbed a couple things, used the restroom, changed clothes, made sure my lizards were ok for the night, got some gorram shoes, and began to head out, but my mom was waiting.

We talked for a bit but my mind was pretty set. I know it hurts her for me to be somewhere she doesn't know, but the atmosphere still felt hostile. Our talk was devolving, and she even said she would call the police ony dad if I left, because he had 'hurt' me. That did it for me. It felt like a threat in order to coerce me to stay.

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing do we know you're okay Hug I hope everything works out at home and things calm down enough so you can feel comfortable returning. I'm glad your dad's outbursts are only a rare occurrence. Like Astreja said though, it might be a good idea to work towards getting out of there if you feel your (or your animals) safety is in jeopardy in any way (even on rare occurrences).
26-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Waiting for my Echo Dot to be delivered.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
26-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Same thing I d every day, plan to take over the world.
26-11-2017, 11:07 AM
(26-11-2017 06:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-11-2017 12:24 AM)Loom Wrote:  Wellll it's not one time, to be exact. My panic attacks have caused me to call in seversl before. But, they've been very understanding. I really hate to do it again but I just won't be work-ready tomorrow if only for the lack of sleep.

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing do we know you're okay Hug I hope everything works out at home and things calm down enough so you can feel comfortable returning. I'm glad your dad's outbursts are only a rare occurrence. Like Astreja said though, it might be a good idea to work towards getting out of there if you feel your (or your animals) safety is in jeopardy in any way (even on rare occurrences).

I eventually came home very late at night (or very early? lol)

We're supposed to be having our belated Thanksgiving dinner today in about an hour so this'll be a lil awkward.

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
26-11-2017, 02:17 PM
What am I doing right now?

Purchasing a shovel, lime salt and Fabreeze. "Pay no attention to my floorboards"...Big Grin

Man I cant understand why humans are SOOOOOOOOO PICKY.

Tongue

Good thing about me is that I am all humor, no brawn and love being a wimp.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
26-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Watching tv.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.