What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 05:33 PM
What are you playing?
The Music forum has a thread for "What are you listening to?" and Food has "What's for dinner?". I didn't see a thread here for this, so here is one.

I'll start by stating that I've been in a state of gaming boredom. I feel as though I'm waiting for the next big thing, I suppose.

Skyrim:
Was playing Skyrim to pass the time. XBox Games Marketplace put the expansions on sale so I snatched them up. My son-in-law also gave me his copy of Skyrim since he couldn't use the disc on his new XBox One. I've been having fun with Patch 1.09 by casting Harmony in town to level Illusion through Legendary. My character is now level 98, most of that naturally. I think I added maybe 30 levels (and perks!) this way. The game changes quite a bit at much higher levels.

ESO:
I also got to play a single Beta Weekend with Elder Scrolls Online. It was not bad. I did enjoy it. But, at this point it's too soon to tell if that's due to novelty (after severe boredom) or if it has any staying power. Won't know until release in April. And even then, I'd rather not play on PC. I'm much more interested in the idea of playing an MMO on an XBox One....so I would need to buy one. I don't see that happening any time soon. We shall see.

GTAV:
GTAV Online just release the Content Generator. So far we can only make Races or Deathmatches. Meh. But, with it seems to have come some welcome tweaks to some parts of the online experience:

* Calling Pegasus to have my Buzzard chopper delivered now actually chooses the nearest helipad, not the helipad nearest my apartment. Yay! This is now more useful in missions.

* After completing a mission and being presented with the option to vote on a next mission, the players are no longer limited to non-Mission style events (like races and deathmatches). Now we may be presented with real missions to choose from. I guess R* must have noticed everyone giving up on the old voting screens and just queueing up for another mission. Good to know they're looking out for us.

* More money! Not sure if it's because I'm fairly high level (ok, 93 isn't that high), or if it's just the patch, but even some of the older missions, like some from Lamar or Gerals, are now paying a LOT more than they did before. Missions I was sure only paid about $500 are now paying me as much as $6K along with a LOT more RP. This makes it easy to just keep chaining missions and be sure I still make good money without having to discard mission invites. Yay!

Also, HOLY CRAP, some person who joined me for a mission was friggin level 763! WTH?? AND they got the full amount of money for the mission, something that's only supposed to happen if the player has never run that mission before. Strange things are afoot at the GTA.

Starbound:
My son, daughter and daughter's boyfriend are also playing Starbound. It'd be nice if we could play together, but AFAIK multiplayer is still not working 100%. The small amount I've been able to play (my laptop's dead, have to bum my daughter's) has been fun. Looks to be a nice game to play if you enjoyed Terraria and were hoping for a sequel or expansion.

LA Noire:
For a very brief couple nights I was inspired to play L.A. Noire (because I was rummaging through my games and found it). This didn't last. I totally suck at that game. Firefights and driving are great. Interrogating is apparently not my bag.

Diablo3:
Haven't really been playing this since my laptop died. I did try the Xbox demo though. I was worried about how a mouse driven game would even work on a console. I have to say I'm impressed. They handled the transition wuite well (hey, it's Blizzard). Very smooth and intuitive. If I wanted to spend $60 on a game I already own on other platforms, I'd be right on top of that. Alas, I am not a person of great means.

Haven't played WoW in forever now. I feel "done" but, who am I kidding, I've felt "done" the other 7-8 times I stopped playing. We shall see if this next expansion will be enough to inspire.

That's it for now.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I'm playing The Walking Dead.

It's always hard for me to find games that I like. If I don't like it for the first 1 minute, it's over.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
18-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm also in a game dead zone. Was playing assassins creed 4 but it didn't take long to beat and then I lost all motivation to play it again.
Then I picked some games up using PlayStation plus, such as grid 2 and borderlands 2. Grid 2 is a racing game that has a rewind function for when you muck up. Other than that its tedious so I haven't touched it much.
Borderlands 2 I already have on Xbox but me and the wife got bored and never finished it. Figured since its free I'd try it again without having to pay to play it online. Still boring but its definitely better with a bunch of people.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2013, 06:34 PM
(18-12-2013 06:13 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm also in a game dead zone. Was playing assassins creed 4 but it didn't take long to beat and then I lost all motivation to play it again.
Then I picked some games up using PlayStation plus, such as grid 2 and borderlands 2. Grid 2 is a racing game that has a rewind function for when you muck up. Other than that its tedious so I haven't touched it much.
Borderlands 2 I already have on Xbox but me and the wife got bored and never finished it. Figured since its free I'd try it again without having to pay to play it online. Still boring but its definitely better with a bunch of people.

My son and I definitely enjoyed BL2 more playing together in co-op.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSuicide4Me's post
18-12-2013, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 11:43 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Starbound, currently in Beta and early access on Steam.

PAYDAY 2

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Recently I've been bouncing between occasional Minecraft bouts (cause I got bored), a couple hours in Starcraft II (learning the wonderful ways of Protoss Proxy Pylons) and Empire Total War (I tell ya, the United States campaign is a pain in the ass; England and Spain Y U NO piss off!?).

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-12-2013, 12:16 AM
I keep playing minecraft in hardcore, get complacent for a few mins, boom....game save deleted.

Anyone up for a hard core server (trust no one).

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-12-2013, 10:42 PM
CK2
EU4
HoI3
HoI2 - Darkest Hour mod (ww1 mod)
Skyrim
Shogun 2 Total War - Fall of the Samurai
Shogun 2 Total War
Empire Total War
Cities XL Platinum
Sim City 4
Fallout 1
X3 Albion Prelude
Gary Grigsby's War in the East
OpenTTD

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Me and Ferdy are currently playing through Dishonored on low chaos and are on the final mission. Then we're gonna go through again on high chaos.

Anyone who is looking for a game to play or is unsure about this game GET IT! It's an amazing game and definitely worth getting, especially now as it's pretty cheap having been out for about a year.

When I'm not playing Dishonored (can only play it when me and Ferdy are both free) I'm working through Borderlands 2. First person shooters aren't really my type of game (I hate CoD) but I'm loving BL2 anyway. The gameplay is good and I love the humour, I just wish I could save any time I wanted like in Skyrim/Dishonored.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My First Time Playing "Flappy Bird" Im_Ryan 41 883 09-06-2014 01:04 AM
Last Post: JaniceGalindo
  Playing Xenogears for the first time. kingschosen 2 66 20-03-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV Im_Ryan 34 672 17-02-2014 08:32 AM
Last Post: pizzaqueen
Wink So I'm playing Fire Emblem: Awakening... EvolutionKills 2 198 24-01-2014 02:00 AM
Last Post: Anudist
  I want to start playing WoW again, but... caffeinesoul 20 2,621 08-12-2012 09:44 AM
Last Post: Logisch
  Anyone playing MTG or Zen Pinball on PS3? Human Being 1 259 23-09-2012 05:24 PM
Last Post: bemore
  Started playing MK 9 online again after a year. kingschosen 17 638 21-07-2012 04:51 PM
Last Post: Atothetheist