What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(30-01-2015 05:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 07:33 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well, seeing as call of duty is a game I love, I know its corners and such. Saying it is harder than dark souls is not true.

And yes battletoads is a nice relaxing game.

Dude; In Dark Souls, with the right tactics, it's easy to succeed. All you need is to develop a good sense of timing and rhythm with your enemies and your weapon and you've practically won: doesn't matter if you are on NG or NG+9.

This doesn't apply to Veteran CoD: there are no applicable tactics past dogged determination to march endlessly into the valley of death, your enemies are all virtual embodiments of Simo Häyhä himself with limitless munitions and often seemingly limitless numbers.

That said, I've got a copy of Cod 3 that's just begging to be beaten.

This is the thing with CoD... Infinite respawn, and a squad who are only there to keep you company, and don't actually do anything at all. There are no tactics, no strategy. Its mindless chaos.

So beating a level on veteran is simply a case of fighting spam with spam... Just keep running into the shitstorm until you win.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
04-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Test Drive Unlimited 2...

Fuck yes.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
04-02-2015, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 03:40 PM by Free Thought.)
So... I beat CoD3 on veteran yesterday.
Only took five days. Probably would have dealt with it faster if I had actually beaten the game beforehand, but eh.

After the bullshit I had to go through in the Forest level, I felt remarkably vindicated: Protip; in a long level with infinitely respawning enemies and little cover, we require additional pylons checkpoints.

I have resolved to beat every game I can on the hardest difficulty. Up next: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.
I really should be working on beating Dead Space 2 on Hardcore, considering that I resolved to do so two years ago... Now that game is truly bitch.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
(30-01-2015 08:25 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 05:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dude; In Dark Souls, with the right tactics, it's easy to succeed. All you need is to develop a good sense of timing and rhythm with your enemies and your weapon and you've practically won: doesn't matter if you are on NG or NG+9.

This doesn't apply to Veteran CoD: there are no applicable tactics past dogged determination to march endlessly into the valley of death, your enemies are all virtual embodiments of Simo Häyhä himself with limitless munitions and often seemingly limitless numbers.

That said, I've got a copy of Cod 3 that's just begging to be beaten.

This is the thing with CoD... Infinite respawn, and a squad who are only there to keep you company, and don't actually do anything at all. There are no tactics, no strategy. Its mindless chaos.

So beating a level on veteran is simply a case of fighting spam with spam... Just keep running into the shitstorm until you win.

The COD rats in a maze experience is the worst. Basically it's whoever see's the other first has the massive advantage. If you're really really good, you might have a KDR between 3 and 4. But even the most skilled player is still wide open for that noob flying around the corner with the boom stick.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, in a very skill based physics shooter like Tribes:Ascend, it's possible to have a KDR of 15+ with enough skill.

KDR ratings can really only gauge skill after 1000+ kills... And in the case of games where strategy is key to winning, it's often just a distraction anyway. In COD's case... Its really all there is, and with the rampant cheap kills, its not even accurately measuring skill level.
06-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Omg I think I just shat myself.

[Image: scJogdg.jpg]

Back in about a week.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-02-2015, 08:22 AM
a couple of days ago my brother and I were reminiscing about the 'olden days' when we played games on our Speccy's and Amiga's.

a couple of our old favourites came up Laser Squad and Lords of Chaos; I opened my big trap that I have XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the PC (the evolution of the Laser Squad genre) and I have been playing the damn thing for two days straight.

It's pretty good to be honest.

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
06-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Gone back to GTA IV for a bit...

I'd forgotten how fucked up the driving was in this game.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
06-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Tropico 5, Cities XXL, Cities XL, Sim City 4, Anno 1404, 1701, 2070.
I'm in city building heaven.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-02-2015, 10:40 PM
ALL ABOARD THE HYPETRAIN MOTHERFUCKERS!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-02-2015, 10:47 PM
(06-02-2015 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ALL ABOARD THE HYPETRAIN MOTHERFUCKERS!

... I am immune to your hype, sir.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.