What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-02-2015 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Achievement whoring Far Cry 4 on the xboner. 8 easy ones to go and I got 1000/1000, only my second 1000/1000 xbox one game (the other being Diablo). It would be my third but that drinking challenge on Watchdogs... and those 520 collectibles on Sunset Overdrive... and that.. well I can't actually remember why I didn't get 1000 on Shadows of Mordor, I got fucking close only like 3 left to do, don't know why I didn't do them though.. Consider

Anyway, than I'll be only Inquisition, gotta 1000/1000 that.

Yeah, that's cool and all, but do you have all the Netflix achievements?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 04:02 PM
(16-02-2015 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Achievement whoring Far Cry 4 on the xboner. 8 easy ones to go and I got 1000/1000, only my second 1000/1000 xbox one game (the other being Diablo). It would be my third but that drinking challenge on Watchdogs... and those 520 collectibles on Sunset Overdrive... and that.. well I can't actually remember why I didn't get 1000 on Shadows of Mordor, I got fucking close only like 3 left to do, don't know why I didn't do them though.. Consider

Anyway, than I'll be only Inquisition, gotta 1000/1000 that.

Yeah, that's cool and all, but do you have all the Netflix achievements?

I do not. Are they actually worth achievement points or just those non-point achievements a lot of apps seem to have?

[Image: oscar.png]
16-02-2015, 06:46 PM
I am going back to Age of Empires III - Does anyone else play/still play? My pc isn't very good and only has integrated graphics (I plan on building my own desktop in a few months) but until then it will have to work. I'm having fun playing as the Ottomans against the Brits and French on hard difficulty. (both are allies against me)

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Downloaded Sniper Elite V2 free off Xbox Live yesterday.

Played it for a while, got sick of it. Its not a stealth game at all, its way too linear. Every for every step of the way there's a floating marker to tell you which way to go, not that you need it because you're constantly funneled into going one way. The result is that you can never bypass an enemy patrol, combat is unavoidable.

The really stupid thing is that you're equipped for stealth. You have your rifle, a silenced pistol and a sub-machine gun, but you're only given 1 magazine for the SMG. The idea being that its just for emergencies. But you end up needing it a lot, because close quarter combat is 70% of what you do.

And for some reason, bullets become less deadly once the enemy knows you're there.

So fuck that game... I've been on good old Chaos Theory for the past hour and a half.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-02-2015, 04:00 PM
(17-02-2015 03:27 PM)Sam Wrote:  Downloaded Sniper Elite V2 free off Xbox Live yesterday.

Played it for a while, got sick of it. Its not a stealth game at all, its way too linear. Every for every step of the way there's a floating marker to tell you which way to go, not that you need it because you're constantly funneled into going one way. The result is that you can never bypass an enemy patrol, combat is unavoidable.

The really stupid thing is that you're equipped for stealth. You have your rifle, a silenced pistol and a sub-machine gun, but you're only given 1 magazine for the SMG. The idea being that its just for emergencies. But you end up needing it a lot, because close quarter combat is 70% of what you do.

And for some reason, bullets become less deadly once the enemy knows you're there.

So fuck that game... I've been on good old Chaos Theory for the past hour and a half.

I said as much when I first played it too.
Suffice it to say, my opinion has not changed.

I've been told that soldiers can be trained to locate snipers from the sound of the round impact and the rifle shot, among other methods, but I call bullshit on the AI being able to instantly locate one's exact position from a single shot...
Then again, I suppose it must be difficult to code an AI which would be by nature all-knowing to act in a 'realistic' manner.

Dude; if you want a ton o' fun, play the survival mode in that game. The bullshit AI is SOOO obvious there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-02-2015, 04:38 PM
All day drinkin' and Path of Exile on Steam. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Tomb Raider for the boner.
First time I've ever played a Tomb Raider game.
Me like.

21-02-2015, 09:26 AM
I've known many people to play Tomb Raider games for the boner. And then the XBox One was released.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
21-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Dodgy

boner is the nickname my friends and I give the xboner, aka xbone, aka xbox one...

Ya bastard. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-02-2015, 08:34 AM
[Image: 4bf80127e6d8f212504196501cd89228.png]

Who?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense