What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 05:30 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(19-01-2014 01:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ah sorry, 'after action report', aka 'let's play'.
Like a commentary, but with pictures and less words.

I don't think I've ever watch an "after action report", but I've watched many a Let's Play and have enjoyed them.

Though that was more for the commentators like ProtonJon, Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun than the games themselves honestly.
Though I do despise what the Pewdiepie's and Tobuscus's of the world have done to the 'art'. Slowbeef must be spinning in his bed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 07:03 AM
(19-01-2014 05:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 01:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ah sorry, 'after action report', aka 'let's play'.
Like a commentary, but with pictures and less words.

I don't think I've ever watch an "after action report", but I've watched many a Let's Play and have enjoyed them.

Though that was more for the commentators like ProtonJon, Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun than the games themselves honestly.
Though I do despise what the Pewdiepie's and Tobuscus's of the world have done to the 'art'. Slowbeef must be spinning in his bed.

Yea I have no idea who any of those people are.
I stopped watching youtube video game commentators long ago. They're all a bunch of semi-good players who team up with a bunch of actual good players, go join public lobby games against random trash players who anyone half decent at the game could beat one hand tied behind their back, so that they can boast about how "good" they are.

And no not a video, I was thinking more like a thread with commentary and screenshots.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-01-2014, 07:27 AM
(19-01-2014 07:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't think I've ever watch an "after action report", but I've watched many a Let's Play and have enjoyed them.

Yea I have no idea who any of those people are.
I stopped watching youtube video game commentators long ago. They're all a bunch of semi-good players who team up with a bunch of actual good players, go join public lobby games against random trash players who anyone half decent at the game could beat one hand tied behind their back, so that they can boast about how "good" they are.

And no not a video, I was thinking more like a thread with commentary and screenshots.

For starters, the first three people I mentioned are very well known and (rightly so) popular Let's Players, known for their particular styles and often informative commentary and game choices. The second two are putrid fools who do nothing but pander to immature children in the guise of 'Let's Playing' and commentaries, the fame and money of which are completely unearned as they obviously put virtually no effort into their 'work'. The final person I mentioned is renowned for being one of the great pioneers of the Let's Play format of game commentary.

As for a thread with screenshots and written commentary; I'm not familiar with any examples of that as this is the only forum on which I am ever active or even passive. However, the format, while the images would help garner a visual understanding of the commentary in lieu of video, does not sound like it would be to my particular tastes. I have quite the aversion to reading long winded posts and the seeming necessity of images implied leads me to think that the average writer would be lacking in the great skill of engaging and immersive writing, with which images should not be necessary.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:leads me to think that the average writer would be lacking in the great skill of engaging and immersive writing, with which images should not be necessary.

It would lead you think wrong.
And I'm not talking about long winded posts.

You young people, always wanting things electronic and now now now.

19-01-2014, 07:40 AM
(19-01-2014 07:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:leads me to think that the average writer would be lacking in the great skill of engaging and immersive writing, with which images should not be necessary.

It would lead you think wrong.
And I'm not talking about long winded posts.

You young people, always wanting things electronic and now now now.

I question how one can make a detailed analysis of a game-play scenario without going into a great amount of depth.

19-01-2014, 07:42 AM
That's because you watch the youtube video crap.

19-01-2014, 08:15 AM
(19-01-2014 07:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's because you watch the youtube video crap.

And you are deeming it crap without ever having watched what I watch on a regular basis after admitting you hadn't watched it?

Oh Earmuffs, how your never cease to find ways to cause a decreasing opinion of yourself...

If you can link me to one of these thread analysis things of yours that you think accurately displays your argument for it being the better medium than go a head.

However, I question how you correlate my expectation of great depth and thus length in an analysis with my YouTube habits, when YouTube tends to be worse in comparison to written works for in-depth analysis of virtually any given subject.

19-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Quote:YouTube tends to be worse in comparison to written works

Youtube is worst for long paragraphs then a an internet forum...

son, you on crack.

19-01-2014, 06:29 PM
(19-01-2014 04:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:YouTube tends to be worse in comparison to written works

Youtube is worst for long paragraphs then a an internet forum...

son, you on crack.

A written paragraph can easily contain more detailed information in a more accessible way written than most YouTube videos are able to contain; YouTube videos by necessity are generally quick and rapid-fire with their information regardless of depth which causes them to go over things which would likely have also been covered with a greater detail in writing. YouTube's only real advantage is that it can display information in both visual and audio compared to text's purely visual-written basis.

19-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I think this is a case of I'm just gonna do it and you can judge for yourself weather or not it's worth my time doing it or not.