What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(22-03-2015 09:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  CoD4 was the best but it wasn't the last good one.

It was the best because once you unlocked the final perk option, Silent Running, it turned me into a god. Combine that with UAV Jammer and a G3 rifle with a Silencer, which was a powerful semi-automatic that could 1-shot kill on a Hardcore server, and I turned into a fucking goddamn Ninja. I had a nice pair of stereo headphones that I could use to hunt down other player's by the sound of their footsteps (the game had excellent sound design) and I would be constantly running around the map to position myself behind my opponents; almost all of my kills were from behind. My KD ratio was often in the 8+ range, meaning I got to summon a attack helicopter almost everytime I spawned.

I had never been as successful at a competitive multi-player shooter before or since, and I've since given up the genre as just being way to fucking aggravating. I prefer co-op shooters now, like Killingfloor, Payday 2, or Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

I have to agree that I haven't been as successful or was prior to how good I was at CoD4. I was also very good at MW2, like to the point where I was in the top 2000 on the leaderboard. But I still think I was better at CoD4 compared to MW2. MW2 had too much shit that was n00b friendly.
But fuck your G3, the mp5 was where it was at. Dead Silence, silencer, UAV Jammer and all that. But the mp5 was way better than the g3.

I had so many red tiger skins in that game (max headshots with a gun, it was actually a challenge back than). All the sub machine guns, all the assault rifles, all the snipers, half the LMGs and even one of the shotguns (the semi-auto one).
I almost got red tiger on the rest of the LMGs and shotguns but MW2 came out and my friend broke my CoD4 disk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2015, 07:27 AM
(23-03-2015 06:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  But fuck your G3, the mp5 was where it was at. Dead Silence, silencer, UAV Jammer and all that. But the mp5 was way better than the g3.

Only if you can't hit shit with a single bullet from more than 5 meters away. That G3 could be used to snipe motherfuckers from across the map, provided you were a good enough shot with the iron-sights. Drinking Beverage

Remember: 1-hit-kill in a semi-auto assault rifle, gun was OP as fuck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-03-2015, 05:54 PM
What? you never sniped with the mp5? (and the mp5 sights were pretty much identical to the g3 IIRC).
Amateur.
24-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Been playing Payday 1 and 2, Nosgoth, Awesomenauts, Dayz Mod (PvE only, really), and that's about it for the most part.
24-03-2015, 08:14 PM
(24-03-2015 07:08 PM)kineo Wrote:  Been playing Payday 1 and 2, Nosgoth, Awesomenauts, Dayz Mod (PvE only, really), and that's about it for the most part.

EK's favorite.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-03-2015, 12:55 AM
(24-03-2015 05:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What? you never sniped with the mp5? (and the mp5 sights were pretty much identical to the g3 IIRC).
Amateur.

Snipe with the MP5? Hitting a guy on the other side of the room isn't 'sniping' you plebe. Drinking Beverage

25-03-2015, 01:01 AM
(25-03-2015 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 05:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What? you never sniped with the mp5? (and the mp5 sights were pretty much identical to the g3 IIRC).
Amateur.

Snipe with the MP5? Hitting a guy on the other side of the room isn't 'sniping' you plebe. Drinking Beverage

You guys are still talkin' CoD, right?

I'm just askin' since in order to snipe with an anything, wouldn't that kinda require maps large enough for the task to be performed?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-03-2015, 01:04 AM
(25-03-2015 01:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Snipe with the MP5? Hitting a guy on the other side of the room isn't 'sniping' you plebe. Drinking Beverage

You guys are still talkin' CoD, right?

I'm just askin' since in order to snipe with an anything, wouldn't that kinda require maps large enough for the task to be performed?

Technically yes, COD4 never had maps large enough for legitimate sniping as seen in something like the ARMA series. At best they fall between sharpshooter and designated marksman, but never reach the distance required of a legitimate sniper.

25-03-2015, 01:21 AM
(25-03-2015 01:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You guys are still talkin' CoD, right?

Technically yes, COD4 never had maps large enough for legitimate sniping as seen in something like the ARMA series. At best they fall between sharpshooter and designated marksman, but never reach the distance required of a legitimate sniper.

The map size in relation to the 'sniping' always bothered me in the few CoD games I played online...
Statements to Consider:
If your target was 50 meters away, you didn't snipe him.
If you did so without proper application of a scope, you still didn't snipe him.
If you spun around first, consider seeing your doctor regarding your sudden-onset inability to control your hand.

This has been another instalment of: Free's Pretentious Statements to Consider. Please, consider the children.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-03-2015, 02:50 AM
You need to play Battlefield. Been playing Hardline and was doing a bit of proper sniping yesterday, with a x14 zoom scope and all. One side of the map to the other.
Though if were talking about Battlefield sniping I should introduce you to my little friend known as pump action magnum shotgun... dat range ohhhhh boy dat range...