What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(26-03-2015 03:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 03:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  LA Noire...

There's never been a more boring, arse kissing, egocentric, social climber twat as Cole Phelps... He's just the ultimate tosser. I fucking hate him... And I fucking hate the fact I can't make him jump off a cliff, or shoot his own cock off.

Wanker...

When I got this game, I was hoping to play as a no bullshit, cynical as fuck cop/detective... Like Dirty Harry or Bullitt.

But no, we got fucking Arnold Rimmer instead.

I've always imagined Cole as a robot, myself.
I mean, he clearly has no concept of human social graces, nor subtly, as evidence by the majority of 'doubt' responses.

I too hated Cole. Not because of the traits you mentioned, but because of treatment of his family which get revealed in snippets as you go.
I think the most irritating thing for me is the holier than thou attitude he has, which is ultimately what makes him a hypocrite.

I think for a noire story, he's just too straight, and clean cut... He should be a heavy drinker and chain smoker. His back story of being a traumatised veteran doesn't seem to have any real effect on his personality in the game, which I think it should.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2015 05:30 PM by Free Thought.)
(26-03-2015 04:27 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 03:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've always imagined Cole as a robot, myself.
I mean, he clearly has no concept of human social graces, nor subtly, as evidence by the majority of 'doubt' responses.

I too hated Cole. Not because of the traits you mentioned, but because of treatment of his family which get revealed in snippets as you go.
I think the most irritating thing for me is the holier than thou attitude he has, which is ultimately what makes him a hypocrite.

I think for a noire story, he's just too straight, and clean cut... He should be a heavy drinker and chain smoker. His back story of being a traumatised veteran doesn't seem to have any real effect on his personality in the game, which I think it should.

I get what you mean, he is holier than thou, and an asshat.
A excellent representation of an unlikable protagonist, in my opinion. Though, while I see what you mean, I'm not sure I'd ever get close to calling Phelps 'too straight or clean cut', those don't describe people having affairs, in my book.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
26-03-2015, 06:39 PM
(26-03-2015 05:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 04:27 PM)Sam Wrote:  I think the most irritating thing for me is the holier than thou attitude he has, which is ultimately what makes him a hypocrite.

I get what you mean, he is holier than thou, and an asshat.
A excellent representation of an unlikable protagonist, in my opinion. Though, while I see what you mean, I'm not sure I'd ever get close to calling Phelps 'too straight or clean cut', those don't describe people having affairs, in my book.
Well, by that I mean more his approach to his career. I think a much more unconventional, rebellious type of guy would've been more interesting... In a sort of Dirty Harry type of way. The fawning to his superiors irritates me no end.

The fact that Phelps returns from brutal fighting in the Pacific, only to find equally brutal and violent acts at home doesn't seem to make any real impression on his views. I can imagine him going into the job with post war optimism, but find it hard to believe he could come through the homicide or vice cases with his views or approach unchanged.

But then, perhaps he was intended to be a less than likeable protagonist. In which case, the actor and writers did an excellent job.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
31-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Battlefield Hardline, Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity and tomorrow Dark Souls 2.

[Image: oscar.png]
31-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Accidentally created Sean Connery in Skyrim...

[Image: 11022831_1613447045565362_1470342374_n_zpsmug745fo.jpg]

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
31-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Oh and Dying Light and Evolve.
I thought I was also going to have Child of Light to play but alas it was not so, it showed the Child of Light picture for the free xbox game this month but alas it was just a pool game. Child of Light wasn't even on special... ><

[Image: oscar.png]
01-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Besiege and Valkyria Chronicles.

Besiege has been... interesting? Steering hinges are fuckin' worthless, though...

Valkyria Chronicles has been pretty damn good through my first couple hours. Some of the random misses have pissed me off though. Welkin, you son of a bitch, you are in a tank! The other tank must be no more than 10 meters away, how the fuck do you miss?! Plus the lack of mouse support and inability to choose fullscreen mode...
Other than that, it's a very good game.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-04-2015, 02:38 AM
I want to play Cities Skylines for old times sake, but iI'm afraid my notebook is too slo!

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
01-04-2015, 04:29 AM
(01-04-2015 02:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Besiege and Valkyria Chronicles.

Besiege has been... interesting? Steering hinges are fuckin' worthless, though...

Valkyria Chronicles has been pretty damn good through my first couple hours. Some of the random misses have pissed me off though. Welkin, you son of a bitch, you are in a tank! The other tank must be no more than 10 meters away, how the fuck do you miss?! Plus the lack of mouse support and inability to choose fullscreen mode...
Other than that, it's a very good game.

Funny, I played Valkyrie Chronicles through the entire game with a mouse. The tank controls are wonky, but besides that they work fine. I also played it in full-screen no problem. I don't know, try hitting ALT+ENTER next time you fire it up to force full-screen?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-04-2015, 04:30 AM
(31-03-2015 09:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I thought I was also going to have Child of Light to play but alas it was not so, it showed the Child of Light picture for the free xbox game this month but alas it was just a pool game. Child of Light wasn't even on special...

It's an Ubisoft game you fool. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]