What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Flight Simulator 2004...

Got a new Thrustmaster HOTAS controller.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2015, 06:47 PM
(04-04-2015 07:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 07:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  While we are on the topic of city builders: XL or Skylines?

Additionally, has anybody seen this before? http://www.pcgamer.com/the-strange-tale-...one-house/

Ugggggggggggg.. XL or Skylines.. Consider That's tough.
XL has a larger learning curve but it's more realistic and you can create much larger cities and much more realistic looking cities. It's also more work, it takes a lot more effort compared to Skylines. Skylines is more streamlined. Almost arcady but not quite. There is much fewer buildings and once you get to a certain point most buildings become obsolete. It's also a blatant copy of Sim City 4, if you've played SC4 and you play Skylines you'll know what I'm talking about. However, Skylines is easier and more.. relaxing (for lack of knowing how to explain it) and it doesn't get all that in depth.

I'm gonna say XL. It's a more in depth game, harder to learn but more rewarding and you can create realistic cities.
Don't get XXL, it was apparently rubbish and basically XL with a new interface and more buggy.

Lol at that link.

Right, so I'll go with XL when I can next get it.

On my playing notes:

I was playing KSP again, working on the re-trial of my Duna-focused space station; a three-section ship towed forward by a 4-nuke engine section. Needs to be assembled in Kerbin's orbit due to the size.
Just got the tow section into orbit, when the game stops working: can't return to the space centre. I close the game and reopen, can't do shit; load the file but I can't go into space or any such.

ARGH!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
05-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Skyforge CBT

[Image: iJv81iV.jpg]

I don't even like MMOs. Pretty, though.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2015, 10:42 AM
CS:GO....and hard too.
06-04-2015, 10:51 AM
(06-04-2015 10:42 AM)Dusky Wrote:  CS:GO....and hard too.

Still haven't got into that. At first my computer kept crashing. When I got a new computer I spent a weekend setting it up but haven't really played online much at all. I am still stuck playing CS Source on one particular server where everyone knows your name and welcomes you back. For some reason CS Go just seems so slow in comparison. I will give it another go when I finally get a decent graphics card.

I've also been playing Borderlands the Pre Sequel but I'm not sure it is as good as Borderlands 2. I don't know why. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe because you can't really farm bosses in the same way and there's fewer ways to find something new to do.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-04-2015, 12:47 PM
(06-04-2015 10:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:42 AM)Dusky Wrote:  CS:GO....and hard too.

Still haven't got into that. At first my computer kept crashing. When I got a new computer I spent a weekend setting it up but haven't really played online much at all. I am still stuck playing CS Source on one particular server where everyone knows your name and welcomes you back. For some reason CS Go just seems so slow in comparison. I will give it another go when I finally get a decent graphics card.

I've also been playing Borderlands the Pre Sequel but I'm not sure it is as good as Borderlands 2. I don't know why. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe because you can't really farm bosses in the same way and there's fewer ways to find something new to do.

It's good. I played a lot of 1.6 in my teenage years. Source I played for a little while, but not as much.

GO probably relates a lot more to 1.6 in terms of gameplay.

I'm competitive by nature, so having that option in the game is pretty much the only reason why I play it. However, I'm only good at a select few maps...trying to branch out a bit from the old Dust II, Mirage, and Inferno maps. Luckily you can queue for the maps you're good at. Big Grin

Also, my old computer ran it okay. Had a GeForce 680 in it and everything was pretty much maxed. Luckily for me, I work at Dell so I got a pretty decent alienware for cheap. Used to build my own, but I've sadly grew away from it. Sad
06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Lvl 111 on dark Souls 2. Just got full Smelter set:

[Image: Smelter%20Demon%20Set.jpg]

Something I don't get is, when it shows the phantoms of the players everyone seems to be using large greatswords or halberds. I don't get it, they're too slow and you get hit way too much. I prefer my crescent dragon axe thingy, a 1handed lightning axe. It packs a hell of a punch, it's speedy and I can get a couple hits in and than raise my greatshield back up before being hit. 3 hits of 160physical/60lighting damage seems far far better than 1 hit of 213 physical damage. In saying that, I totally get why people use the spear, being able to attack and defend at the same time is amazballs. Pitty my all my spears/lance suck balls damage wise and my dex is only at 20 because I'm doing a strength build not a dex build.
07-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Correction, Lvl 123.
07-04-2015, 06:20 AM
(06-04-2015 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lvl 111 on dark Souls 2. Just got full Smelter set:

Something I don't get is, when it shows the phantoms of the players everyone seems to be using large greatswords or halberds. I don't get it, they're too slow and you get hit way too much. I prefer my crescent dragon axe thingy, a 1handed lightning axe. It packs a hell of a punch, it's speedy and I can get a couple hits in and than raise my greatshield back up before being hit. 3 hits of 160physical/60lighting damage seems far far better than 1 hit of 213 physical damage. In saying that, I totally get why people use the spear, being able to attack and defend at the same time is amazballs. Pitty my all my spears/lance suck balls damage wise and my dex is only at 20 because I'm doing a strength build not a dex build.

Muffs, people use ultra greatswords for three reasons: generally large range and massive damage potential to health and poise. I'll take a weapon which does tonnes of poise damage but is slow over a lighter weapon which does less, because it's almost guaranteed to allow me to stun-lock my opponent and get them a good few hits in, if not kill them outright.

For reference, that Smelter set is really not worth it's cost, unless you want fire defence. Only the helmet is really worth while, as it provides the greatest amount of defence of any helmet, and works well with Havel's Set, which is the the heaviest, most defensive armour set in the game, barring the helmet for prior stated reasons.
to me, the biggest draw-back of the Smelter set is that the upgrade cost in terms of resources is astronomical for what really is minute pay-off at best.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-04-2015, 06:42 AM
(07-04-2015 06:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lvl 111 on dark Souls 2. Just got full Smelter set:

Muffs, people use ultra greatswords for three reasons: generally large range and massive damage potential to health and poise. I'll take a weapon which does tonnes of poise damage but is slow over a lighter weapon which does less, because it's almost guaranteed to allow me to stun-lock my opponent and get them a good few hits in, if not kill them outright.

For reference, that Smelter set is really not worth it's cost, unless you want fire defence. Only the helmet is really worth while, as it provides the greatest amount of defence of any helmet, and works well with Havel's Set, which is the the heaviest, most defensive armour set in the game, barring the helmet for prior stated reasons.
to me, the biggest draw-back of the Smelter set is that the upgrade cost in terms of resources is astronomical for what really is minute pay-off at best.

It was rather cheap. It cost IIRC around 35k souls for the whole set. In comparison my stat upgrades cost 20K. It's only about 10-20 minutes of soul farming anyway, no biggy. I agree the upgrade costs are very high though, I'd rather use my twinkling rocks for weapon upgrades.

I've been trying to get the Havel set, I want that shield bad, sick of using my old knight shield or gyrm great shield. But those two giant things you need to kill to get the key are proving rather annoying to kill. I'm gonna give them another crack tomorrow though, might sit back in a corner somewhere and poison arrow them to death or something.

Regarding greatswords. How easy is it to actually stun lock enemies though because I haven't had much luck. I dunno, maybe I need to upgrade one of my greatswords (my axe is +5 afterall) to see the effects. It would prove useful against multiple enemies which do tend to fuck me up.

What' a good/the best greatsword? (chances are I probably have it).