What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
I finally got a computer that can handle it so I'm a bit late to the party...but damn am I ever catching up 0_o *twitch*

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
11-04-2015, 11:46 PM
(11-04-2015 11:37 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
I finally got a computer that can handle it so I'm a bit late to the party...but damn am I ever catching up 0_o *twitch*

I'm still waiting for a good Steam sale before I buy that one. Hopefully by the holidays and after all the DLC has been released, I'll be able to pickup a GOTY or Ultimate Edition version for $10 or under.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-04-2015, 12:08 AM
(11-04-2015 11:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 11:37 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

I'm still waiting for a good Steam sale before I buy that one. Hopefully by the holidays and after all the DLC has been released, I'll be able to pickup a GOTY or Ultimate Edition version for $10 or under.
Yeah, I couldn't wait. Shelled out $35 for everything but it's damn worth it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-04-2015, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 12:23 AM by Gilgamesh.)
(11-04-2015 08:19 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 06:38 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Finally got BloodBorne 2 days ago. Beat it this night; true ending. Hnnnng at the soundtrack, especially Cleric beasts theme.
But by fuck is that a difficult game! I never played any of the dark souls but I never expected it to be this hard. I prefer to avoid help with games but I eventually had to 'ring the bell' and some player turned up to help me dispose of father Gascoigne.

Making better progress now but how you could finish this in 2 days I'll never know. I spent 4 evenings of a few hours each before I finally got round to unlocking the left hand gate near the first lamp. It was driving me insane. I genuinely thought I had been beaten by a game before really starting it.

I was an avid DS1 player, so there's that. However, I can say with conviction that Bloodborne is even more difficult than DS1 is, and that's just awesome, since the souls series was already known for its difficulty.

Enemies, in general, have a lot more attack animations than their previous souls-series counterparts, and so are harder to read for dodging/visceral attacks - this is one of main causes for this games higher difficulty over previous soul's games.

Visceral attacks (for anyone who's familiar with the souls series before Bloodborne): these are the new parry;repostes of Bloodborne. There are no shields in this game - there is but one and it's very weak; more of a novelty than anything - so the way you 'parry' is by shooting the enemy 'right' before they finish the start-up animation for their attack.

Backstabs are still here, but even they are much more difficult to pull off. You have to first hit an enemy in the back with a fully charged R2 attack, changing backstabs from casual ring-'round-the-rosy to being something you can only perform on enemies not yet alert to your presence.

Combine the harder-to-read enemies, and the unforgiving nature of a souls game where you can't turtle behind a shield; it's no wonder people are getting beat by this game. The difficult is pleasing for the already-fans of the soul's series, but for anyone who is new this is going to be hell - I've already seen a few used copies of Bloodborne on the shelves, haha =]
12-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Got nothing else to do, so I'm playing Gears 3 trying to beat the campaign on Insane difficulty. Act 1 went well enough took awhile though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm playing the original Deus Ex, bought it a couple of weeks ago - It's a great game and I'm enjoying it - I've never played the series in my life

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Blackout's post
12-04-2015, 10:39 AM
(12-04-2015 10:26 AM)Blackout Wrote:  I'm playing the original Deus Ex, bought it a couple of weeks ago - It's a great game and I'm enjoying it - I've never played the series in my life

The classics never die.

[Image: f3df7c44-36d1-4148-9188-5b986a107c1f.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-04-2015, 07:28 PM
(11-04-2015 10:08 PM)Dex Wrote:  Well for me, I put 300+ hours into the first Dark Souls and had played out the sword and shield play-style with a couple characters, and I found an agile, dodgy strength build to be really fun. I usually carried around a decent shield to switch to just in case, though. I'm currently on my first play-through of Scholar of the First Sin (put a couple hundred in DkS2 as well), and I'm building him to be a big sword/shield Str/Faith dude.

Yeah, at high levels leveling up can be a grind. Have you gone to NG+ yet? (Having trouble remembering what level I usually got to before going to NG+)

Not yet. I just beat the giant dude inside the memory. Piss easy.
Apparently you can farm the shit out of him for a fuck ton of souls so I might do that.
12-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Skyrim keeps freezing on PC, so I went back to the console version, which also keeps freezing.

So now I'm bored... Think I'll have a wank.

A mate of mine keeps pestering me to buy Day Z on Steam... I played it at his house, and its okay. Controls are seriously fucked up, and its buggy as hell. I think I'll wait until they iron that shit out a bit.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Dat moment you lose 200,000 souls....