What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(06-05-2015 06:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm at the way beginning - turn 10 or so - playing the Julii. Of course. 'Cause there ain't no Brutii nor Scipii - there ware Junii and Cornelii - and there was like 18 praenomina in use back then, and Flavius wasn't one of 'em! Big Grin

Distraction - yes, it would have been better if the player could name his own peeps. Anyhoo... I've been victorious over two hoards of peasants, and my dude "Flavius" Julius (le sigh) has five stars already! Of course, I've read so many guides, if I don't romp-em stomp-em in this adventure Imma hafta fall on my sword in shame.

LATER

Oh, and I'm totally not on steam on the other computer looking at Rome II vids - cause that would lead to fiscal irresponsibility. And I'm certainly not that. Angel

If you wanna save money, uninstall steam.
One does not have both Steam AND money...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Yay! It redeemed itself! I just won a battle being both outclassed and outnumbered. This might actually be a game I don't suck at. Big Grin

Another plus - it's distracting enough to have kept my plastic away from the steam. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Backsliding into the all-time time waster -

[Image: A0xXZoI.png]

- obsessing over my Gwynnies. I'm so broke in the head over that girl, just never stops being hilarious. Tongue

07-05-2015, 07:56 AM
I've started using my PC again since the release of GTAV (PC obviously). Since then, I've spent entirely too much money on Steam. I will say, though, that Dirt Rally (early access) is absolutely fantastic with controller and even better with the G27 wheel.
08-05-2015, 06:39 AM
I de-pants'd myself. Big Grin

Stupid guide said "attack wooden walls with ram," Gauls laughed at me, set my ram on fire, and sent Flavius scurrying away in shame. I didn't know that could happen. Live and learn, I guess. On the plus side, saved right before, so can reload with experience and hopefully not get defeated again. On the double-plus side, I finally broke down and bought a mouseboard; wow, mouse actually does mousey things now. Also the right-click error is likely speed, meaning holding down right click for an extra tiny bit seems to keep it working.

In other news, my main action Landmark is set to restart within a few hours after a massive update where everything's gonna be all brand new; between the two of 'em, I'll have plenty of gaming action for the near future. Def no regrets on holding off on Rome II for now. Thumbsup

08-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Dusted off the old PS2 for a spot of 'Shadow of the Colossus' retro gaming Big Grin

It's about time they released a HD upgrade of this!!!

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 4 users Like LostLegend's post
08-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Forever alone in MKX.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-05-2015, 07:10 PM
(08-05-2015 10:48 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Dusted off the old PS2 for a spot of 'Shadow of the Colossus' retro gaming Big Grin

You mean like their PS3 release?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-05-2015, 07:23 PM
(08-05-2015 10:48 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Dusted off the old PS2 for a spot of 'Shadow of the Colossus' retro gaming Big Grin

Played it on my PC in 1080p. Yarr harr, fiddle dee dee!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-05-2015, 08:21 PM
What are you playing?
I am playing nothing. It feels really weird.

Along the Total War discussion theme, my son has been playing Crusader Kings 2 and loving it. He tried to convince me to play it. When he finally pointed out the tutorials to help me out and I saw how many tutorials they were I felt like I was scheduling classes at Junior College again. I haven't seen a sim that detailed before. It's insane.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum