What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I am absolutely LOVING Dirt Rally...

It's early access; not even a complete game. And yet, holy shiiiitt... SO GOOD. It's incredibly challenging, but oh so rewarding when you start nailing those corners. You WILL be crashing like crazy for the first couple hours, and probably longer. I'm about 6 hours in, and I've only managed to place 3rd in a championship.

I've been playing with the G27 wheel, full manual H shifter & clutch. It took a lot of tweaking to get it where I wanted it, but now, it just feels so right. Still have no clue what the hell I'm doing when it comes to hairpin drifts though..

I wasn't a big fan of the previous Dirt installments, but this is quite likely the best rally game I've played. It's weighted toward punishment/reward SIM, but has an exceptionally Arcade-like sense of fun. I don't usually give many fucks for racing games, but if you're even slightly interested in picking up a PC racer, check it out!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 10:36 PM
[Image: MH4U-Playable-TGS14.jpg]

I am literally one hunt away from unlocking the finial tier of quests and its end-game progression, known as G-Rank.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2015, 02:37 PM
(08-05-2015 06:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I de-pants'd myself. Big Grin

Stupid guide said "attack wooden walls with ram," Gauls laughed at me, set my ram on fire, and sent Flavius scurrying away in shame. I didn't know that could happen. Live and learn, I guess. On the plus side, saved right before, so can reload with experience and hopefully not get defeated again. On the double-plus side, I finally broke down and bought a mouseboard; wow, mouse actually does mousey things now. Also the right-click error is likely speed, meaning holding down right click for an extra tiny bit seems to keep it working.

In other news, my main action Landmark is set to restart within a few hours after a massive update where everything's gonna be all brand new; between the two of 'em, I'll have plenty of gaming action for the near future. Def no regrets on holding off on Rome II for now. Thumbsup

And once you discover the quicksave exploit in the old Total War engine and use it... You'll never be able to return.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
10-05-2015, 12:43 AM
The Witcher 1 (which is on sale for like $1.80NZ on Steam right by the way). Gonna finish it, than play and finish #2 (again) and THAN play #3.

Also Destiny in prep for House of Wolves.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-05-2015, 01:21 AM
My nvidia card is officially too old now to work with steam games - the oldest driver version on my OS doesn't work with the card properly. It's really old so this isn't too surprising. But I might have to wait another month or two to see if the group I work for has folded before I pull the trigger on an upgrade.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-05-2015, 02:58 AM
Soo...
I got This War of Mine the other day. I played it for a while.... Everybody may or may not have died due to severe illness, wounds and having no food...

I'm tempted to name a few characters after users here, but I've got no clue whom to go with...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-05-2015, 05:55 AM
[Image: Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate_Banniere-e1405526664565.jpg]

Not only have I finally beaten the solo campaign and reached the end-game content by un-capping my Hunter Rank and getting my G1 Permit, I actually just finished the necessary hunts to get my G2 permit and open up the next tier of end-game content.

^ Also, fuck that guy. He is called Seregios, and he is an asshole.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-05-2015, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 09:12 AM by Free Thought.)
(14-05-2015 05:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate_Banniere-e1405526664565.jpg]

Not only have I finally beaten the solo campaign and reached the end-game content by un-capping my Hunter Rank and getting my G1 Permit, I actually just finished the necessary hunts to get my G2 permit and open up the next tier of end-game content.

^ Also, fuck that guy. He is called Seregios, and he is an asshole.

Aren't dragons supposed to be assholes?

As a side note, congratulations to GWG, EA and Nurse for being volunteered to serve under me survive with me in This War of Mine.

So far, I have narrowly avoided GWG starving to death thanks largely to the charity of an NPC outta nowhere.
And EA is a rather cold-hearted war survivor; she was disapproving of my sending GWG off to help a women protect her daughter from possible raping... "It's not our problem."

Well, here's what happened...
Things were going well at first; we had plenty of food, two of the holes in the walls had been patched up, we had beds. And then... Bandits.
We were beset by bandits night after night. Nothing could stop them. They stole all our food. The wounds kept piling up... On the 18th day, I died of my wounds, obtained trying to defend my home after days of fighting them.
EA died on the same day after going out on her own for supplies.
Nurse abandoned the shelter the next day; her fate is unknown.
GWG as could be expected of him, held on for one more day. Before succumbing to starvation.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-05-2015, 09:22 PM
(10-05-2015 12:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Witcher 1 (which is on sale for like $1.80NZ on Steam right by the way). Gonna finish it, than play and finish #2 (again) and THAN play #3.

[Image: then.png]

Also, TW3 is going to absolutely destroy my life for the next month or so...

Is it possible to turn off traction control on the horse? I will be playing with a Logitech G27 wheel and want to really slide the ass end out around corners.
14-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Borderlands 2.