Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Imma go punch dinosaurs and throw my poop at people. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 07:31 PM by Free Thought.)
Okay, now that I've cooled off a bit, I'll explain my prior rage:
In Shogun, I decided to take control of the Shimazu Clan; it seemed like it would be an easy enough start; isolated on Kyushu with just two other clans, the Ito and the Otomo, I thought things would go well for me.

And they did, at the start of things; I swept through the lands of my de-facto enemy, the Ito with fair ease and then I took the Hyuga province... The previously neutral Otomo declared war. Okay, I can handle that I thought. Oh how ignorant I was...

The opening stages went well; once I was able to march out of Hyuga, I took Bungo and incited a rebellion in Higo and took it for myself as well. Several turns went without action and then... Doom.

Doom appeared in the form of a Christian priest controlled by Otomo (the only Christian clan, for context). Christianity had been causing problems for me before his appearance by massively slowing my progress out of Hyuga and onto Bungo thanks to Christians spreading into Hyuga and destablising the region, but they had never been as bad as this fucking Walking Apocalypse!

I named him the OmnipotaPriest, thank to his apparent omnipotence: At first, he went mostly unnoticed.. until he converted one of the monks I had in Hyuga trying to stem the virulent spread of Christianity. After that particularly annoying exploit, and shrugging off my attempt at converting him with the other monk, he went to my inner provinces; Satsuma and Osumi and began his evil work; first he started a rebellion in Osumi. The rebels then in the same turn took Osumi's capitol, leaving me down a province. Next turn, I lost my capitol, Satsuma to his machinations. This left me in serous trouble; those two were my main provinces and the only ones from which I could trade; I instantly lost a lot of money. The Priest had got to go. The next few years after that have been a cavalcade of suppressing OmnipotaPriests rebellions in my remaining provinces and attempts to kill or convert him, every single one of which has failed miserably, usually with my agents dying on-mission or being converted by him the next turn.
And then things got even worse.

It seems the Otomo have finished their taking half of Japan and finally decided to turn and hit me. Within two years, two huge stacks of Samurai have come crashing down on Bungo, somehow I've managed to keep my last provinces together by this point, despite having pretty much no money thanks to the huge drop in trade (to zero) and taxes.

The only good thing about the OmnipotaPriest's constant uprisings is that it forced all my castles to have pretty big garrisons to keep them under my control, which also kept my people complacent allowing me to go maximum taxes on the commoner's asses, saving my tiny empire and securing the castles against the Otomo's first wave of attacks.
I've since managed to take back Satsuma, but I have no idea how long that will last.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-06-2015, 01:39 PM
(10-06-2015 07:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... we think Mass Effect 4 is gonna be announced at E3 this year?

No you will be getting gears of war 4 instead.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-06-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-06-2015 01:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 07:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... we think Mass Effect 4 is gonna be announced at E3 this year?

Yet another game I hope is never announced...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-06-2015, 08:57 PM
(14-06-2015 07:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 01:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No you will be getting gears of war 4 instead.

Yet another game I hope is never announced...

I don't care. This would have been hype for me last year, and now it is not.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-06-2015, 05:25 PM
(14-06-2015 01:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

They can take gears of war and shove it up their asses.

Playing Mount and Blade Warband because I brought it because Steam sale.
I really need to stop browsing the steam sales...
Forgot how great this game is.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Oh, and...

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-06-2015, 05:42 PM
OMG and Battlefront is coming on the 18th of November...
I can't handle all this, I'm literally gonna implode.

17-06-2015, 04:14 AM
Probably one of the best PSX Games ever created, graphics are a bit outdated but it never gets old to play through. Needs a sequel/reboot.

[Image: Untitled_zpsuc2zu0yc.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-06-2015, 04:19 AM
(17-06-2015 04:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Probably one of the best PSX Games ever created, graphics are a bit outdated but it never gets old to play through. Needs a sequel/reboot.

[Image: Untitled_zpsuc2zu0yc.jpg]

If that is Legend of Dragoon, it can go fuck itself off of a cliff.

With a cactus.

While being eaten by a shark.

On meth.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]