What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 05:28 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(21-06-2015 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Brought Fallout 3 GOTY and Borderlands GOTY because they were both 80% off.
And because I don't already have enough shit to play... Consider

I really, REALLY need to stop "casually" browsing the steam feature item page.
Bad Muffs, stop it!

Tell me, what did you get when you went and BOUGHT a game? Except the feeling of morality. I mean, yeah, it's kinda nice of you to buy the damn thing, but you are a fairly poor student, without money to throw around, so what's the deal here? Do you like to have an original CD on display in your room, maybe?

BTW, I just got (for free) original Mad Max trilogy on DVDs... That is a nice thing to display on a shelf.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 05:29 PM
(24-06-2015 05:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Brought Fallout 3 GOTY and Borderlands GOTY because they were both 80% off.
And because I don't already have enough shit to play... Consider

I really, REALLY need to stop "casually" browsing the steam feature item page.
Bad Muffs, stop it!

Tell me, what did you get when you went and BOUGHT a game? Except the feeling of morality. I mean, yeah, it's kinda nice of you to buy the damn thing, but you are a fairly poor student, without money to throw around, so what's the deal here? Do you like to have an original CD on display in your room, maybe?

BTW, I just got (for free) original Mad Max trilogy on DVDs... That is a nice thing to display on a shelf.

Smile

I'm not poor anymore, I have a job so I can buy these things now. Big Grin
Still never gonna pay $20 for a dvd or bluray though so that shit's still gonna get pirated. TV shows too. And full priced games, they'll get pirated too.
Just cheap games on steam that are 80% off and cost me like half of what I payed for lunch that day.

And what I get out of it is another game added to my growing steam library of games.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Playing an FPS in Open Beta Called Dirty Bomb, free on Steam, I recommend giving it a try.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-06-2015, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2015 10:37 AM by Free Thought.)
Since I got the upgraded Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, I've been itching to try the DLCs which came with it.

And I have done just that the past two days. ... Oh boy...
The first DLC I got stuck into was the Crown of the Sunken King. It's pretty good, nice level design. Quite different from the rest of the game. A little lacking in enemy variety, though.

The second was the Crown of the Ivory King: Fuck. That. Shit. I hated it. The areas were quite a bit more intuitive that Sunken King's was, which left them a tad dull. The aesthetic was nice, but that is the only praise I have for it, with the except on the end-boss and the Lore behind it.
In my experience, the enemies were annoying: most had magic ranged attacks, that while easy to dodge along become overwhelming in numbers, to add to that, they did an absurd amount of damage, and the physical attacks were even worse. I can understand my taking heavy damage from magic; I am built-up as a pure-melee so naturally my magic defences are lacking, but I see no reason why the most basic enemies should be able to cut through my armour like it was nothing: granted I'm not going around as a goddamned Havel Monster, but still 10+ Alva isn't exactly an armour to shake a head at. For context, the Old Iron King did less damage to than the normal mooks.
Not to mention the advanced mooks, one variety of which conjured random weapons out of nowhere, every single one of which suffered incredible hitbox-dissonance where attacks were seemingly projected ahead of time and beyond the weapon proper, meaning I'd often get killed by an attack which had not even been initiated yet. Oh, and they seem to be completely unparryable, but I do suck at parrying, so it's probably just me.
Also: special mention goes to the worst area in Dark Souls history: Frigid Outskirts. It's a massive area which is almost totally devoid of anything but bullshit, infinite randomly spawning enemies, and an environment where most of the time you can't see past two meters and without any sort of indication of where the fuck you are or are supposed to be. And at the end of that shit, you have a duel copy-pasta boss, which you would have fought as your first boss battle in the DLC. They recycled assets within the same DLC!
At least the final battle is good.

The Crown of the Iron King seems to be decent so far. But right off the back of Ivory, fucking Blighttown is better so it's not saying much.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-06-2015, 09:54 PM
You know those moments where you're like "damn, I wish I thought of that!"?

well...

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-06-2015, 09:59 PM
(25-06-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You know those moments where you're like "damn, I wish I thought of that!"?

well...

The cost of shipping that many bottlecaps from NZ would probably have been more than the cost of the Game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-06-2015, 10:00 PM
(25-06-2015 09:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You know those moments where you're like "damn, I wish I thought of that!"?

well...

The cost of shipping that many bottlecaps from NZ would probably have been more than the cost of the Game.

yabut lolz.

25-06-2015, 11:20 PM

well...

What a clever bastard. I like it.
27-06-2015, 01:18 PM
[Image: 11667054_10200708943761541_164584235_n_zpsp1acm2tm.jpg]

Though I have different sabers since taking this screenshot.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-06-2015, 05:04 PM
132 hours on Tera so far...